Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,103 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Pork Scratchings? Pure dirt, but I must have them... :pac:

They're mainly an English thing, so not a lot of places around the city have even heard of them, let alone know whether they've ever stocked them.

Possibly Spar on Mainguard St in hanging bags near the tills. Think I got them there once, never again, rancid yokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

They're mainly an English thing, so not a lot of places around the city have even heard of them, let alone know whether they've ever stocked them.

I got them some time ago in Morton's in Salthill

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

Safe pass course wanted in the next week or two...in city.
    Pm me please.

Try FRS. Think they're the main guys in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tmh106

Looking for Wellington boots. Not looking for anything fashionable/designer, but want to buy a decent pair that will be good for walking on coastal wetland areas and on boggy/marshy land.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭Blue850

tmh106 wrote: »
    Looking for Wellington boots. Not looking for anything fashionable/designer, but want to buy a decent pair that will be good for walking on coastal wetland areas and on boggy/marshy land.

Thanks.

Caulfield Industrial do Dunlop wellies or try waterproof rigger boots

http://www.caulfieldindustrial.com/Shop_Search_Results_List.aspx?mbkeywords=wellingtons

http://www.caulfieldindustrial.com/dickies--groundwater-waterproof-s5-safety-rigger-boots/p-227259pd.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

tmh106 wrote: »

Thanks.
    Blue850 wrote: »
    Caulfield Industrial do Dunlop wellies or try waterproof rigger boots

These are safety wellingtons so the steel toe cap & mid-sole will mean additional weight vs standard PVC/rubber wellies (unless you need or would like the added protection).

If you have a preference for a non-safety version I'd recommend neoprene or polyurethane (PU) wellingtons as they're much lighter than the more common PVC/rubber type and would be considered a more comfortable option for walking etc. Caulfield's may have either variety, and it could be worth checking with the other safety shops around town (Portwest, Anchor Safety, Safety Direct) as they may stock (or at least have access to) this type.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Any mechanics/garages open after 6 or 7? Preferably on the west of the city or city centre. Need to get some piddly things done with the car, but I don't usually get back home from Spiddal until at least 6.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Any mechanics/garages open after 6 or 7? Preferably on the west of the city or city centre. Need to get some piddly things done with the car, but I don't usually get back home from Spiddal until at least 6.30.

First Stop in Knocknacarra are open until 8pm on Thursdays and Fridays, if it can wait until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭hughie1989

I'm looking to rent a lock-up/garage for a few months (maybe longer) to work on a few cars as a hobby. Nothing on daft or donedeal.... anyone know of anything? thanks....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Looking for inflatable dolphins / animals, that you'd throw into the pool for kids.

I know the generic answer would be 'any toy shop', but wondering if by chance anyone saw them somewhere specific.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

JohnCleary wrote:
    Looking for inflatable dolphins / animals, that you'd throw into the pool for kids.... specific.
    Quinns Bon Bon shop in salthill (near eglington hotel ) have them in the summer. Not sure if they are open this time of year though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Looking for inflatable dolphins / animals, that you'd throw into the pool for kids.

I know the generic answer would be 'any toy shop', but wondering if by chance anyone saw them somewhere specific.

The Bon Bon in Salthill had some over the summer so it might be worth asking there. Alternatively, theres a good selection available to order from Woodies Party Zone - see page 2

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Thanks guys, already spotted the woodies online store. I reckon the Bon Bon is well closed now for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

JohnCleary wrote:
    I reckon the Bon Bon is well closed now for the season.
    Bon Bon sometimes run a Christmas shop- they might be able to help you if you ask nicely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ruffdraft0

Looking for any kind of room or shed thats dry, with decent ventilation and good lighting. i can use to do some small spraypaint art and store some materials like cans and board.

Im willing to pay reasonable rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Hunter101

Hi all

Just wondering where can I buy a pipe (for tobacco) in Galway city and where is the best place for a fella to get a good haircut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Hunter101

Thanks in advance guys

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Holland's on Williamsgate street for tobacco related items. You can also ask in Smoking forum here.
    As to barbers you can view old posts like this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Anywhere in Galway sell German bratwurst sausages? They no longer stock them in Aldi/Lidl but surely some butcher or polish shop might stock them?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Miss Informed

Anyone know where I could buy some leg warmers? I don't want to buy online.. you never know what you'll get!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,344 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Anyone know where I could buy some leg warmers? I don't want to buy online.. you never know what you'll get!

Probably Penneys.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Hi, I'd be very grateful for recommendations for somebody who could do this type of work for me, please.https://www.facebook.com/inboks.ba/videos/426606867544585/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 serute

Hi. Is there any pub in Galway city that still serves Ritz?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

ruffdraft0 wrote: »
    Looking for any kind of room or shed thats dry, with decent ventilation and good lighting. i can use to do some small spraypaint art and store some materials like cans and board.

Im willing to pay reasonable rent.

Could try these lads: http://www.galwayrehearsalstudios.com/

It's mostly a lockup/rehearsal space for bands but I think there's one or two people doing prints there so maybe you could get in on a room with them? Worth a shot anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭RichCRX

Have a computer desk and the glass in the keyboard sliding tray smashed while moving (suction cups are useless:mad:). Anyway need new glass tray for it (black glass ideally) - so anywhere I can get the part or even someone who would cut glass for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Curly head

I'm lookin for a mushroom growing kit. Any help please?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Keep an eye on Aldi specials, they do kits sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I know I'm a bit late replying but Dealz do them regularly. Think they are in a gold(ish) bag of six. Know the Dealz in GSS had them last weekend - not sure about the new shop tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Does anyone know where I might get a replacement filter mesh for a cafetiere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

RichCRX wrote: »
    Have a computer desk and the glass in the keyboard sliding tray smashed while moving (suction cups are useless:mad:). Anyway need new glass tray for it (black glass ideally) - so anywhere I can get the part or even someone who would cut glass for it?

CORBETT GLASS opposite Westside shopping center

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement