Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

High time to get some coal in - any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

• Registered Users Posts: 23 tigergirl

Looking for some nice jigsaws, any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

tigergirl wrote: »

It's magic used to have a nice selection but haven't been in there recently.

If you like to live dangerously you could try some of the charity shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I think I saw one of the stalls in the Xmas market doing wooden jigsaws.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Hi,
    I have a Marshall tube guitar amplifier I want serviced.
    Just wondering if anyone knows of a place or person that can do this.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Anywhere in town selling brown leather satchel type bags?. Have perhaps an option in mala but I'm not a shop person so defer to your wisdom..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Your Face wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a Marshall tube guitar amplifier I want serviced.
    Just wondering if anyone knows of a place or person that can do this.

I'll investigate with a few local musicians and pm if I manage anything..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Anyone know where I could get my hands on a few EMPTY Heavy-duty bags, Animal/Calf Nuts/Feed type Turf-Bags for holding turf. :) T.i.a.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

tigergirl wrote: »

It's Magic has loads but they are highly priced. Got loads of BBC nature ones in a shop in Derry (I know, long way from Galway :-P ) for £3 each but It's Magic had the exact same on "special offer" for €20 each!!!

Ended up getting some from Mr Price for almost nothing. Were in the toy section. Had to root behind some of the toys to find them but were some good quality 1000 piece jigsaws there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Anyone know where I could get my hands on a few EMPTY Heavy-duty bags, Animal/Calf Nuts/Feed type Turf-Bags for holding turf. :) T.i.a.

Maybe the coalyard near the Harbour Hotel - Suttons(?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I'll investigate with a few local musicians and pm if I manage anything..
    Thanks Gremlinertia

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Looking for someone with the ability to overlay heating pipe circuits onto a building drawing using CAD or some similar computerised drawing system. Would be required for occasional work on a per job basis.

Might suit someone with the equipment and skills on a part time basis.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    I'm looking for a small rubber/squishy football. Something very small, ideally bit bigger than an orange in size.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

A painting of Galway/Long Walk/Prom - to hang on my non-Galway wall (but not many sleeps to go to Galway!):D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Try the market or the Black Cat Gallery (Market St, the Abbeygate street end), maybe? I got a lovely print of the Claddagh/Long Walk there a few years back.

Eeden wrote: »
    Try the market or the Black Cat Gallery (Market St, the Abbeygate street end), maybe? I got a lovely print of the Claddagh/Long Walk there a few years back.

Thanks a million for that! Unfortunately, I won't be home until the 23rd, but will check out the Black Cat gallery if it's online- thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

A painting of Galway/Long Walk/Prom - to hang on my non-Galway wall (but not many sleeps to go to Galway!):D:D:D

Look up Sylwia Knop if you dig a slightly psychedelic impression of Galway.
    https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/241150162/galway-cathedral-picture-galway-church

Look up Sylwia Knop if you dig a slightly psychedelic impression of Galway.
    https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/241150162/galway-cathedral-picture-galway-church

Ordered 3 prints....they are fab! Thank you for the heads up!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Is there anywhere in the city to get Ballroom Dance lessons? Anyone here ever taken them and where + recommendations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

I got them for my wedding from a man called Sean Casey.
    A real gent.

He does group lessons in some hotels.

Just checked the Advertiser. He's in the Ardilaun.

http://classifieds.advertiser.ie/lifestyle-health/dance/galway/strictly-jive-waltz-quickstep/1382326/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,147 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Need to get a skip, can anyone recommend any of the providers in particular? May well be much of a muchness but said id ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Need to get a skip, can anyone recommend any of the providers in particular? May well be much of a muchness but said id ask.

We use both Walsh waste & city bin both are pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Is there anywhere that will wash your wheelie bins?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

Any recommendations for where to buy handsfree phone kit for car with installation? Galway Clinic area.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,147 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Went with Barna waste, cheapest of the main companies and quick delivery, highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

leck wrote: »
    Any recommendations for where to buy handsfree phone kit for car with installation? Galway Clinic area.

Western cellular on the tuam road

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

leck wrote: »

Auto Electrical Concepts unit 7 royal rock , ballybane ind est LINK:

Not exactly beside the clinic but not too far from it either

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Auto Electrical Concepts unit 7 royal rock , ballybane ind est LINK:

Not exactly beside the clinic but not too far from it either

I'd second this, really great service there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rolllo

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a small rubber/squishy football. Something very small, ideally bit bigger than an orange in size.
    Thanks
    Mr. Price in terryland have bags of foam balls in assorted sizes in the toys section.

Advertisement