Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lynsbu

Hi, I'm looking for 4-5 plinths for an exhibition. Would anyone know where I could buy a few or get made? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try www.moycullenwoodworks.ie and www.woodcut.ie

Search boards http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?query=plinths and perhaps an earlier thread will have some good info

• Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Looking for white vinegar in bulk to make cleaning products.

In the Asian shop next to Aldi and post office in Westside.
    I usually get 5L for 7 euro or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

biko wrote: »
    In the Asian shop next to Aldi and post office in Westside.
    I usually get 5L for 7 euro or thereabouts.

Thanks a million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi again,
    1. I'm looking for white mounts for 8" by 12" photo (besides Woodies).
    2. places that can create a keyring with a photo I have.
    3. Wellies for a woman, not the standard plain ones.

Thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rolllo

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi again,
    1. I'm looking for white mounts for 8" by 12" photo (besides Woodies).

You could try cregal art, not sure if they still sell pre-cut mounts but worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

Im looking to get the hubby some woodwork/carpentry classes - for the casual but enthusiastic DIYer. Anyone hear of/ know of any such thing in Galway City?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Im looking to get the hubby some woodwork/carpentry classes - for the casual but enthusiastic DIYer. Anyone hear of/ know of any such thing in Galway City?

Galway technical Institute on Fr Griffin Rd do an evening woodwork course starting in January. The only one I can see listed at the moment is for beginners which may be too basic for him but might be ok. They also do a woodturning course. Might be worth giving them a call.

http://www.gti.ie/parttime/course/detail/t/72/c/201511-004245

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

cocoman wrote: »
    Galway technical Institute on Fr Griffin Rd do an evening woodwork course starting in January. The only one I can see listed at the moment is for beginners which may be too basic for him but might be ok. They also do a woodturning course. Might be worth giving them a call.

http://www.gti.ie/parttime/course/detail/t/72/c/201511-004245

Thanks a million - Christmas saved by Cocoman!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,103 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

No junk mail letterbox stickers/signs?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,344 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^
    Seen them in either Pound Shop or Dealz a couple of months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tmh106

Hi,

I'm looking for a red flashing "Rudolf" nose - the kind you can wear on your face secured by elastic band.

I tried the pound shop on Mainguard St., but they didn't have any.

tmh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Would anyone here be able to tell me, is there any "Dealz" or "2-Euro" / Pound-Shops lol in the Oranmore area?

I don't' think so. There is a Lidl though.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Would anyone here be able to tell me, is there any "Dealz" or "2-Euro" / Pound-Shops lol in the Oranmore area?
    In Oranmore no as far as I know. However there are in Galway city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Yes there is 'General Store' beside the mini roundabout going into Tesco/Aldi
    I've often gone there bargains to be had

He does loads of tools and xmas trees etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Cheers all. Which side of the Roundabout? Is it the Coast Road side, the SuperValu side, the town side or down the Tesco roadeen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Cheers all. Which side of the Roundabout? Is it the Coast Road side, the SuperValu side, the town side or down the Tesco roadeen?
    The first building in your right as you take the roundabout exit for village heading for bank of Ireland etc

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

tmh106 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for a red flashing "Rudolf" nose - the kind you can wear on your face secured by elastic band.

I tried the pound shop on Mainguard St., but they didn't have any.

tmh

I have one and it's yours if you want it (it's Christmas after all). PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rolllo

Looking for table-cloth sized sheet or roll of jute/burlap/ some other inexpensive rustic-looking natural coloured fabric. Also plastic stands for decorative plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭The-Rafalution

I'm looking for a day photography class/workshop/event for my gf for Xmas. Doesn't necessarily have to be in Galway but does anywhere do something like that? She likes photography as a hobby, nothing major so nothing fancy is required just a days fun workshop or something similar. Thanks.

I'm looking for a day photography class/workshop/event for my gf for Xmas. Doesn't necessarily have to be in Galway but does anywhere do something like that? She likes photography as a hobby, nothing major so nothing fancy is required just a days fun workshop or something similar. Thanks.

If 'dinneenp' doesn't spot this post send him a message and he should know somebody. There's a lot of his own stuff on the Photos of Galway thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Try Brad Anderson, link

5 Week Workshop is definitely the most popular and great for beginners and is very comprehensive and runs over 5 weekday nights. This workshop needs 5 people to make it viable (max 8 people) and I am currently taking names/numbers for the next one. (Cost 170E) Suitable for Beginner/Intermediate Level Photographers

One to One Workshops can take place whenever we can both arrange a date that suits us and usually take about 2-3 hours and two sessions recommended. These courses are very good for people who want one to one attention and to learn specific areas of photography. (Please Contact Brad for Pricing) Suitable for Beginner/Intermediate and Advanced Level Photographers.

Cheers,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Can I buy a netflix voucher anywhere near Shop St.?

Possibly Eason?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Hears6

GameStop used to sell them, might be worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Anyone know of any local store that stocks covers for OnePlus2 OnePlusX Mobile Phones?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Check the concession stall in the Eyre Sq Centre. It's on the left when you come in the Corbettcourt entrance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I'd be very surprised if you found a bricks and mortar place in Galway that sells anything for Oneplus.

Advertisement