Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Getting married this year and looking for a spot for suits.

Wedding is on a tight enough budget so the cheaper the better really, anyone have any recommendations around the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Getting married this year and looking for a spot for suits.

Wedding is on a tight enough budget so the cheaper the better really, anyone have any recommendations around the city?

Are you buying or renting?

If buying, I just picked up some cheap shirts and a blazer in David E Menswear out in the Liosbaun Estate this week myself. Their sale is on the wind down but they have some stuff left.

There's also that Suit Republic place in the Liosbaun who seem to do good priced suits.

So head for the Liosbaun for a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

aw wrote: »
    Are you buying or renting?

Whichever is cheaper :D

Cheers, will give a look out there. Going to scope around wherever I can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

Anyone know a place or person who repairs video game consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Redditor

Hi, I signed on before Xmas and I got a signing slip in the post, but with no return address.

I hear the office has moved recently? Can anyone tell me the new address and if that is where I need to send it? Thanks.`

P.S. Does it need a stamp?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can find the details of the new welfare office here
    http://connachttribune.ie/new-one-stop-shop-for-social-welfare-in-galway-709/

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kashmeer

<No accommodation ads, please see charter
    Moderator>

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Where can one get a decent set of tongs in the city? (For the fire, as opposed to 'thongs' which my (male) housemate accidentally asked for in Dunnes one day, much to the poor staff member's bemusement...)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,103 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ficheall wrote: »
    Where can one get a decent set of tongs in the city? (For the fire, as opposed to 'thongs' which my (male) housemate accidentally asked for in Dunnes one day, much to the poor staff member's bemusement...)

Woodies,b&q etc have them,none are particularly good ones though, quite light and definitely not a homemade version of yesteryear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Heavy duty like these? I no longer use them so pm me if interested. I'll be in Galway tomorrow afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Heavy duty like these? I no longer use them so pm me if interested. I'll be in Galway tomorrow afternoon.
    Sorry - I've just woken up :o

Thanks for the offer though.

Those things are massive - were they used for lifting entire bales of briquettes into the fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Sorry - I've just woken up :o

Thanks for the offer though.

Those things are massive - were they used for lifting entire bales of briquettes into the fire?

17:23 and just woken up! It's ok for some:).

Not as large as you might think. About 520cm, perfect for turning logs over in an open fire. What else would you need tongs for? :confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 justniamh

Looking for an arthouse cinema in galway.. or just anywhere you can see independent films?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

justniamh wrote: »
    Looking for an arthouse cinema in galway.. or just anywhere you can see independent films?

The art house cinema is still under construction. Town hall theatre host a film society - they have a film festival of subtitled films this weekend actually. See THT dot ie for the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 justniamh

The art house cinema is still under construction. Town hall theatre host a film society - they have a film festival of subtitled films this weekend actually. See THT dot ie for the details.

Thanks so much! Don't know why that didn't come up when I was googling it. Just moved back to galway, can be hard to find the indie film places!
    Saw that new place though, looks great, hopefully it'll open soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Is there anywhere in the city I can buy Zippo lighter fluid? Looking for it fairly pronto so not going online just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,345 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Is there anywhere in the city I can buy Zippo lighter fluid? Looking for it fairly pronto so not going online just yet

Holland's across from the GBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Holland's across from the GBC.

What's the GBC sorry? :o

Edit* Found it on Google Maps! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Hey looking for a good garage in galway for a service for a Volvo V50, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try the Motors forum here and have a read of this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Dealz. Across from Debenhams or next to The Planet out at Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Is there any place where I can bring old clothes (and get a few € for them)? I think that those clearout.ie shops have closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mmm76

Hi There,
    Does anyone know or does anyone have water kefir that I can get/buy in Galway City.I can collect.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

I had to research what water kefir is,sounds interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Where is the An Post depot ie where you collect parcels when they've been delivered and you're not home? House in Bohermore area.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Slow Show wrote: »
    Where is the An Post depot ie where you collect parcels when they've been delivered and you're not home? House in Bohermore area.
    There is a map on the docket.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

I'm looking for a fishmongers around the Parkmore/Ballybrit area. Does anyone know of one and is it good quality? Mainly looking for salmon but I'll eat any sort of fish if the fishmonger recommends it and tells me how to cook it properly!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

snubbleste wrote: »
    There is a map on the docket.

I haven't got the parcel yet but I know I'll be out when it comes so trying to plan in advance. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Slow Show wrote: »
    I haven't got the parcel yet but I know I'll be out when it comes so trying to plan in advance. :o

It's just off the tuam road, on your right hand side as you travel away from Galway.

Advertisement