Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NewInGalway

Wondering if there is a place in Galway city where you can go and play table tennis? (Just as a hobby, like you would go to bowling) Would really enjoy it now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Wondering if there is a place in Galway city where you can go and play table tennis? (Just as a hobby, like you would go to bowling) Would really enjoy it now and then.
    Krcma in Salthill used to have a table downstairs but they're under new management so don't know if it's still there.....failing that get a job with my company....we have a table in the office :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I need to print out boarding pass for flight tomorrow, anyone know of a net cafe still open in the city center and opens on a sunday?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Chatternet eyre street is the only place I can think of off the top of my head..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NewInGalway

hamsterboy wrote:
    Krcma in Salthill used to have a table downstairs but they're under new management so don't know if it's still there.....failing that get a job with my company....we have a table in the office

Thank you Hamsterboy, we will have to check out Krcma.

Do you happen to work in insurance industry? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

Has anyone spotted a Bailey's easter egg anywhere around the city?
    I know someone who really wants one, but they're crazy expensive on amazon.

Not sure if it's too late but saw this egg in Westside Dunnes this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

b.gud wrote: »
    Not sure if it's too late but saw this egg in Westside Dunnes this morning

Oh just seeing this now, be still my beating heart. I guess it probably is too late.
    There's always next year I suppose. Thanks a million all the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

Anyone know where I could get tracing paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

aidoh wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could get tracing paper?

Greaseproof paper for baking is close enough, maybe a euro-ish for a 10m roll?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,345 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Powell's our Eason should have the real stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Anyone have an idea what pharmacies might be open today?

East of the city preferably.
    I'd hope some will open at 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭RichT

aw wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea what pharmacies might be open today?

East of the city preferably.
    I'd hope some will open at 12.

University Late Night Pharmacy (opposite UHG) is open 12 -6 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Random one. Anyone know where I'd get a christening candle? Daughter is being christened on Sunday, parish office is closed until next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

detoxkid wrote: »
    Random one. Anyone know where I'd get a christening candle? Daughter is being christened on Sunday, parish office is closed until next week...

Easons might have them.

Never even thought of seasons thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Might get one in the Cathedral shop, not sure of its opening times though

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Easons have christening candies upstairs. They come in a white card tube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Used to have them in one of those shops on the middle outside dunnes in eyre sq shopping centre

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Happy Days, the newsagents outside the Galway Shopping centre and also the newsagents up in Westside shopping centre usually have them. So probably lots of your usual newsagents stock them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

What is the name of the new restaurant above Barr an Chaladh where Lunares tapas bar used to be? It does Asian food I believe. I heard it was really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,345 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

What is the name of the new restaurant above Barr an Chaladh where Lunares tapas bar used to be? It does Asian food I believe. I heard it was really good.

Papa Rich I think. It has a few mentions in the Shops Opening/Closing thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Aye, Papa Rich
    It has its own thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=98598697

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Looking for someone to repair a PVC front door handle/lock.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭misstearheus

any Toy-Shops in Oranmore or Athenry? T.i.a.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Toy shops in oranmore- Tesco on the edge of Oranmore have a decent selection of toys.

Toy shops in oranmore- Tesco on the edge of Oranmore have a decent selection of toys.
    Don't think there's a specific toy shop in Oranmore but there are some toys in Bellababy and tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rolllo

any Toy-Shops in Oranmore or Athenry? T.i.a.

Books And More upstairs in the Orantown centre has toys as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Ooh cool thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Tesco is the only one with any sort of a decent selection though. Like if you were stuck for a present for a birthday, you'd get sorted handily enough.

Advertisement