Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭motley

any Toy-Shops in Oranmore or Athenry? T.i.a.

There is a toy shop in Athenry beside Supermacs in the square that only does wooden toys: Little Bird Toy Shop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

I need to get a form witnessed by a solicitor/notary public, does anyone know of any in the city who will do this without knowing me?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,568 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Looking for the very good person who handed in my wallet to the Garda station last night, with all cash & cards in tact. Looking for them so I can say thanks and give them some sort of reward for being a very good-willed person! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

FitzShane wrote: »
    Looking for the very good person who handed in my wallet to the Garda station last night, with all cash & cards in tact. Looking for them so I can say thanks and give them some sort of reward for being a very good-willed person! :)

Fair play. I was going to suggest twitter but you could get absolutley anyone replying to you on that....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

I need to get a form witnessed by a solicitor/notary public, does anyone know of any in the city who will do this without knowing me?
    I got this done a few years ago at the office of Fidelma T. Bane above Argos. But most solicitors should do this. They don't need to know you, just to be satisfied that you are who you say you are. A couple of forms of ID for them to examine is sufficient. I think I paid €10 at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I got this done a few years ago at the office of Fidelma T. Bane above Argos. But most solicitors should do this. They don't need to know you, just to be satisfied that you are who you say you are. A couple of forms of ID for them to examine is sufficient. I think I paid €10 at the time.

What he said. ANY solicitor will do this for usually €10. As said, bring ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭frasr

I'm trying to find somewhere relatively local where an old Stanley stove can be recommissioned. The only places I can find are in South Tipperary or Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

frasr wrote: »
    I'm trying to find somewhere where an old Stanley stove can be recommissioned. The only places I can find are in South Tipperary or Dublin

Gordons Heating Supplies in Kilkerrin should be able to do it. Not exactly Galway City but probably the nearest to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Miss Informed

Gluten free egg free meatballs today ( Sunday )?

I usually get gf egg free meatballs from the butcher in the eyre square centre, but they're closed today! Anyone know if there's somewhere else I can get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi.
    I'm looking for anywhere that sells photo paper, ideally non-branded one. (4 by 6, 5 by 7 and 8 by 12 inch).
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,056 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Try the Tesco shop down the back of the Shopping Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    I'm looking for a large white background, want to use it as a backdrop for some portrait photos. Ideally over 2.5m in height and over 2m wide.

Argos & Harry Corrys do white blackout blinds but height is 1.7m and width 2m.
    Thanks in advance,
    Pa.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a large white background, want to use it as a backdrop for some portrait photos. Ideally over 2.5m in height and over 2m wide.
    Thanks in advance,
    Pa.
    Hang a double bed sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks in advance,
    Pa.
    We got custom made blinds for our house from http://www.valueblinds.ie/ in Claregalway. The price was reasonable and not much different from the fixed sizes you can buy in the shops. They would probably be able to do you up the size you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Hi, I have a meeting in Galway tomorrow and will need to print out some files that will not be arriving till morning, can anyone recommend a internet cafe that has printing facilites around Eyre Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

www.chatandnetgalway.com opens 10am
    I actually think there is an internet cafe on the square itself but can't remember the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

biko wrote: »
    I actually think there is an internet cafe on the square itself but can't remember the name.

If you're talking about the one down from O'Connell's, that's gone a while.

Is/was there another?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

biko wrote: »
    www.chatandnetgalway.com opens 10am

Cheers, saw a few advertised but wanted to be sure they were actually trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

Where would be the best place to buy a mid sized hip flask for a reasonable price around the city?

I know those are fairly subjective terms, thinking about 250 ml and €10 - 15

A plastic one in the €2 shop, possibly mrprice
    Otherwise Argos, Duffys, OffLicences, Debenhams..and yes I've seen them in Penneys once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

b.gud wrote: »
    Where would be the best place to buy a mid sized hip flask for a reasonable price around the city?

Timpsons (key cutters) in the Eyre Square centre used to have them. Don't know how much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

There's an XL shop with an Internet cafe upstairs along abbygate street between AIB and Sally longs which does printing. No idea how much they charge.

Anyone know the cheapest place in the city centre for fast passport photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,103 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Saw hip flasks in Tiger recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

There's an XL shop with an Internet cafe upstairs along abbygate street between AIB and Sally longs which does printing. No idea how much they charge.

Anyone know the cheapest place in the city centre for fast passport photos?

Could do your own photos yourself......

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59101789&postcount=1

Thanks for all the suggestions Tiger and Dealz, actual not sure if any suggested it but I tried anyway, didn't have them. Got this one that holds about 175 ml in Argos https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2147112.htm

Thanks for all the suggestions Tiger and Dealz, actual not sure if any suggested it but I tried anyway, didn't have them. Got this one that holds about 175 ml in Argos https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2147112.htm
    €16 for dat :eek:
    Are you sure Tiger did not have them?
    http://www.tiger-stores.ie/tiger_home/stainless_steel/hip_flask_20092502_1.html

snubbleste wrote: »
    €16 for dat :eek:
    Are you sure Tiger did not have them?

Team asked yesterday and they said they didn't have any

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Carpet Tape

Essentially heavy duty double-sided sticky tape that you put under a rug (for example) to stop it sliding all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Team asked yesterday and they said they didn't have any

Hip flask for a fiver advertised online. Would they get them in if asked I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Looking for cheap compressed air for cleaning computer equipment. I had a good look in Dealz. Anywhere else cheap they might be sold?

Advertisement