Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Looking for cheap compressed air for cleaning computer equipment. I had a good look in Dealz. Anywhere else cheap they might be sold?
    http://www.dealz.ie/air-duster

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Carpet Tape

Essentially heavy duty double-sided sticky tape that you put under a rug (for example) to stop it sliding all over the place.

TIL there's a thing for that...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Looking for cheap compressed air for cleaning computer equipment. I had a good look in Dealz. Anywhere else cheap they might be sold?

Dealz beside Tesco and Mr Price in Terryland (maybe Westside also?) used to have some.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Pretty sure the one by Tesco/Planet didn't have them (else I'm blind). Will try the ones. They can be surprisingly expensive in most places.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Hey all :)
    I'm looking for a late night venue that will reserve an area for a group on a Saturday night. I've already contacted Coyote which was recommended by a friend but I'm looking for a back-up plan as they can't reserve seats for us that night (already booked some groups in). We're looking for somewhere with chart music I suppose and plenty of people, good atmosphere. It's a hen party if that makes any difference. Thanks folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Your answer is in the "Stags and Hens, this thread is for you" thread further down the main forum page :)
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2056293361&query=reserve

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

biko wrote: »
    Your answer is in the "Stags and Hens, this thread is for you" thread further down the main forum page :)
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2056293361&query=reserve

Oops :o Sorry about that - thanks biko!!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭twignme

I'm looking for someone in Galway City or county who can make some dining room chair slip covers using my own fabric. There are lots of sewing places around but they are usually just for clothes or tailoring and won't consider doing these for me.

Google Galway Upholstery and you'll find a lot of places.

• Advertisement

Yes thanks, I've already done that and they generally tend to be for full re-upholstery jobs or for fully fitted covers. They are as unwilling to do mine as the seamstress/tailors are. I was also hoping for a recommendation from someone who had used their services already, rather than pick a name randomly out of a directory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Fenugreek.... Really need some to attempt to make the other half her favourite Indian meal.... Thought it would be easier.... Help

The asian market beside the fruit and veg place in terryland is brilliant and has every spice you could ever want. You will definitely get it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

Can anyone recommend a good letting agent in Galway! Have tried emailing a few but heard nothing back

Try GPM and call in or ring instead of mailing. Usually too busy to get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

b.gud wrote: »
    Where would be the best place to buy a mid sized hip flask for a reasonable price around the city?

I know those are fairly subjective terms, thinking about 250 ml and €10 - 15

I know you got one in the meantime, but I saw some in Mr Price (Westside) today. They were either 3.99 or 4.99. Just in case you need more ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

Try GPM and call in or ring instead of mailing. Usually too busy to get back to you.

Great thank you.. Nope no calling if they provide and email address they should answer them, pet hate of mine... Thanks will give this gang a try

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

I know you got one in the meantime, but I saw some in Mr Price (Westside) today. They were either 3.99 or 4.99. Just in case you need more ;)

This is one of the great things about this thread, that people actually remember things they saw posted, and if they get some new info will take the time to share it even if they know that the person got sorted just because it might help someone else

Thanks Cheshire Cat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

Where is the biggest open car park in Galway? i need to practice reversing a trailer,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

gavkm27 wrote: »
    Where is the biggest open car park in Galway? i need to practice reversing a trailer,thanks

When I was learning about 5/6 years ago I used to practise in the Black Box car park and the NUIG Park and ride car park. The NUIG one would probably be the emptiest of those particularly in the evening

Edit should say I was just driving a car without a trailer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Hi all,

I'm heading to Galway for a little break this weekend and planning to gorge myself on food and booze. My all time favourite dessert is sticky toffee pudding...

I am looking for the best sticky toffee pudding in Galway City! Or even if not the best, anywhere that does it, really :)

Thanks!

If I recall correctly the last time I had toffee pudding it was in High Cafe on Shop Street
    https://www.facebook.com/HighCafe-Restaurant-190315944351484/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

If I recall correctly the last time I had toffee pudding it was in High Cafe on Shop Street
    https://www.facebook.com/HighCafe-Restaurant-190315944351484/

Brilliant, I really like it in there too. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

gavkm27 wrote: »

NUIG have a car park that is empty in the evenings up in dangan.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dave Van Ronk

My old laptop's hard disc is gone. Where in Galway City can I recycle a laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

My old laptop's hard disc is gone. Where in Galway City can I recycle a laptop?

http://www.galwaycity.ie/waste-recycling-links/

See what you can bring:
    http://www.galwaycity.ie/recycling-centre-2/recycling-centre#4

Or maybe you could stick it up on Adverts.ie for parts if there are any that might be of use to someone.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rolllo

Is there anywhere in Galway city or surrounding areas where I could get off-cuts of hardwood, or anywhere that sells hardwood boards in 'hobbyist' sizes?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Anyone know of a local mobile phone repair shop that could supply & replace a 1+2 battery?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Anyone know of a local mobile phone repair shop that could supply & replace a 1+2 battery?

Electronic Partner above Carbon have replaced sim trays in Xiaomis for me so I'd say they'd sort a 1+2 battery no bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Why not buy online and do it yourself?!

Advertisement