Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Surrealean wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Does anyone know anywhere in Galway you can get Nespresso capsules? I've checked Debenhams and Brown Thomas, no luck.

no nespresso outlets in galway. The nearest one is Brown Thomas Limerick. simplest thing is to order online. It takes about three days to get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭tmh106

Surrealean wrote: »
    Does anyone know anywhere in Galway you can get Nespresso capsules?

Nespresso are incredibly fussy about who is allow sell their capsules. Brown Thomas in Cork, Dublin and Limerick, and the 'Nespresso Boutique' on duke street in dublin are the only places I know of where you can physically buy the capsules.

But, you can order them online from the Nespresso site ( https://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/Order-Capsules). If you order above a certain amount (200 capsules I think, though don't hold me to it) they will deliver free. They will also take away your empty capsules for free. We have ordered online quite a few times and we have always been satisfied with the service.

FYI, I have tried the capsules from Aldi or Lidl (can't recall which) that are supposedly Nespresso compatible. However we stopped using them because 1) they did not taste as nice (main reason, though obviously subjective to a large extent) and 2) a few times they jammed in the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

Just pondering would anyone know if there is a mobile home place in Oran or Clarinbridge. Homes to rent out for a few weeks..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Looking to get a backdrop/banner made for my band....any help would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

http://www.flagsandbannersgalway.com/#!contact/c3kh

Used them to get banners made for our school. They did a great job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

http://www.flagsandbannersgalway.com/#!contact/c3kh

Used them to get banners made for our school. They did a great job!

Cheers, gave them a shout :)

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Hi Guys,

is there anywhere in Galway City that would recover data from a USB stick that won't read? It requires a format before I can access it but I'd like to retrieve the pictures that are on it before I format it. Had a quick google there and notice you need specialized equipment to do it. Any suggestions?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

-Vega- wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

is there anywhere in Galway City that would recover data from a USB stick that won't read? It requires a format before I can access it but I'd like to retrieve the pictures that are on it before I format it. Had a quick google there and notice you need specialized equipment to do it. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Its not a clean-room situation. Click cancel when it asks you to format and try http://recuva.en.softonic.com/download

If it finds stuff, copy to a different drive or you may destroy data

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I'm looking for a brass coloured Basta internal door lock receiver if anyone has one lying around in the tool box or on an old door frame anywhere?

It's the flat piece that goes on the door frame.

I can't seem to source one in any of the local stores, they only seem to stock a universal replacement but that requires the door frame to be hacked with a hammer and chisel & that's beyond my capabilities I'm afraid. If I attempted it I'd be back looking for a new door frame too :D

Suitable for one of these locks:

a11c158de3.jpg

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Lensbaby89

I'm looking for someone to do balayage on medium/long dark brown hair. I've never had any colour before so I want to be confident that it won't come out a mess and it needs to look VERY natural. Can anyone recommend someone they've gone to themselves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

For balayage you're probably better off asking in Fashion/Beauty
    These are threads about it http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?forum=464&subforums=1&sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=balayage

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

I'm looking for a brass coloured Basta internal door lock receiver if anyone has one lying around in the tool box or on an old door frame anywhere?

It's the flat piece that goes on the door frame.

I can't seem to source one in any of the local stores, they only seem to stock a universal replacement but that requires the door frame to be hacked with a hammer and chisel & that's beyond my capabilities I'm afraid. If I attempted it I'd be back looking for a new door frame too :D

Suitable for one of these locks:

a11c158de3.jpg

Try Collearns locksmiths down beside the crane

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Lensbaby89 wrote: »
    I'm looking for someone to do balayage on medium/long dark brown hair. I've never had any colour before so I want to be confident that it won't come out a mess and it needs to look VERY natural. Can anyone recommend someone they've gone to themselves?

Can't vouch for balayage but I get laura in Raymond Skelton to do my highlights and she's fab. She also does a fab job on my sisters hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

detoxkid wrote: »
    Can't vouch for balayage but I get laura in Raymond Skelton to do my highlights and she's fab. She also does a fab job on my sisters hair.

+ 1 for laura

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Looking for recommendations for getting measured for a bra in galway, have been to La femme and debenhams over the last few years but i would like to try elsewhere, perhaps people have found someone really good..

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Looking for recommendations for getting measured for a bra in galway, have been to La femme and debenhams over the last few years but i would like to try elsewhere, perhaps people have found someone really good..

My other half swears by the lady who runs Elegant Undies downstairs in the Corbettcourt part of the Eyre Sq Centre.

aw wrote: »
    My other half swears by the lady who runs Elegant Undies downstairs in the Corbettcourt part of the Eyre Sq Centre.

+ 1 for elegant undies. No obligation to buy either, although I always end up spending a fortune in there

Looking for a good accountant to do rental 'income' tax return. Need someone that will advise on tax in general and suggest what is/is not tax deductable? A personal recommendation would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Im looking for a protective dog boot. No luck in the vets at briarhill and the various petworlds. Cant think of anywhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Have you tried PetMania in Wellpark and Ark Vets or Glenina? You can ring The vets they will tell you if they have one.
    The dog company and other groomers might be an option, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Petmania apparently have them cheers, none of the vets!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Rambler11

Anthony Ryan's

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

Hi,

I am looking for a set of drawer roller runners with front brackets,where can I find these sort of spares in Galway?
    I checked Woodie's but they don't have them.

http://www.hafele.co.uk/shop/p/single-extension/roller-runner-with-front-bracket-25-kg-450-mm-length/10830/5115

Thanks.

Lucianot

• Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

lucianot wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking for a set of drawer roller runners with front brackets,where can I find these sort of spares in Galway?

http://www.hafele.co.uk/shop/p/single-extension/roller-runner-with-front-bracket-25-kg-450-mm-length/10830/5115

Thanks.

Lucianot

Try B&Q. They have some but I don't know if they have those.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

Discodog wrote: »
    Try B&Q. They have some but I don't know if they have those.

I went to B&Q yesterday and they have some but not the one I need.
    I am afraid I will need to order online.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Looking for guitar lessons in Galway. Absolute beginner. Music tastes would be Chilli Peppers, Zeppelin, Guns and Roses, Prince. That kinda of style. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

-Vega- wrote: »
    Looking for guitar lessons in Galway. Absolute beginner. Music tastes would be Chilli Peppers, Zeppelin, Guns and Roses, Prince. That kinda of style. Thanks :)
    Add your reply here.
    Www.guitarlessonsgalway.com (Des Behan)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

lucianot wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks.

Lucianot

Would you try the Irish website for those:
    http://www.hafele.ie/hircat/templates/hafele/intro.asp

Where in the city can I buy dollars in small denominations ($10, £20). Banks and PO only have higher denominations and Credit Union only sell to members. Need to get them today (Saturday) if at all possible.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi,

where is the best (i.e. cheapest) place to buy a HDMI cable? Thanks.

Advertisement