Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

tmh106 wrote: »
    Hi,

where is the best (i.e. cheapest) place to buy a HDMI cable? Thanks.
    Deals or Mr.Price should be able to sort you for the cheapest price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

tmh106 wrote: »
    Hi,

where is the best (i.e. cheapest) place to buy a HDMI cable? Thanks.

To add to what the other poster said, never pay much for HDMI cables. It will either work or it won't. Gold plating is only a gimmick that does nothing but lighten your pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Think I got HDMI in Curry's for 15 but you can probably get it for less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Any Euro2 store or Dealz have them for €1.49 or €2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

Are there any weekly antique auctions around Galway?

• Advertisement

No

Edit - I was actually looking for this myself a while back and found nothing nearby

Any "regular" antique auctions in Connacht?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Any "regular" antique auctions in Connacht?

Google gives me this: http://www.irishcountryhome.com

Would that do?

Google gives me this: http://www.irishcountryhome.com

Would that do?

Perfect thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Anywhere in Galway that sells proper shaving cream - not foam/gel in a can, the one you lather up with a brush...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Zzippy wrote: »
    Anywhere in Galway that sells proper shaving cream - not foam/gel in a can, the one you lather up with a brush...?

Maybe Fat Tony's barbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Possibly the hairdressing trade shop downstairs in ESC, they've/had a male grooming section in the middle aisle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

Cut throat barbershop on cross street would probably be a good bet

Have a look around Facial Hair forum too, they may have some tips on shops/brands etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,056 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I would have thought with the size of the place that Boots would have something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

There's loads
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=257338253

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Cheers folks, will check out some of those options.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

looking for a place for the girlfriend to get a hat fr a wedding.

rent or buy.

She wants a big floppy hat or a cap frather than a fascinator.

Apparently theres one place downstairs in eyre square centre. and anthony ryans maybe?

Anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

looking for a place for the girlfriend to get a hat fr a wedding.

rent or buy.

She wants a big floppy hat or a cap frather than a fascinator.

Apparently theres one place downstairs in eyre square centre. and anthony ryans maybe?

Anywhere else?

If Tuam isn't too far away for you, this lady may have what you need.

https://www.facebook.com/michellekearnsdesigns/?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/michellekearnsdesigns/?fref=photo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

emily jean is a milner on Augustine St. upstairs from market kitchen
    Depends how much she wants to spend though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Hi, anyone know where to buy a turntable stylus in the city? Maplins have a few types but not what I am looking for. It's a pretty basic Sony type. Tried internet searching but places that have since closed down keep popping up. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Anyone know if there is any dentist open tomorrow

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hi, anyone know where to buy a turntable stylus in the city? Maplins have a few types but not what I am looking for. It's a pretty basic Sony type. Tried internet searching but places that have since closed down keep popping up. Thanks.

Cunniffe expert electrical have one or two - vintage style wood box one in the window. It's the shop in the Galway shopping centre. Thats where I get replacement needles and the like anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Zhivago sell vinyl so they might be able to point you in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I have a japanese imported car, display is in japanese and I want to go throgh the settings to change it to English. But I dont understand the japanese!

Any friendly Japanese people want to help change my settings in exchange for a pint or a few quid!?

Any japanese students feel like honing their translation skills :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Google translate? Use your phone's camera for instant translation.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.translate&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Anyone know of any local woodworkers that take on requests? Looking for small, crafted items and they're expensive on line anyways so I might as well go full hog and buy them local.

Tried googling but I don't even know what terms to google.

I know theres a few at the market that does be on behind the jewellers, what days is that held?

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Hi Digital Solitude, I remember a guy called Tony at some of the craft fairs. His trade name or company is Beleaf. His stuff was amazing. It varies from tiny candle holders to stair cases, so loads of work. I know he is based somewhere out the Headford way but that's all I know, though I think he is easily found on line. He stuck in my head cos he seemed like a really nice guy and his work was stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

will be in Galway for 1 night, monday august 1st, could anyone recommend good musical entertainment.Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

Hi Digital Solitude, I remember a guy called Tony at some of the craft fairs. His trade name or company is Beleaf. His stuff was amazing. It varies from tiny candle holders to stair cases, so loads of work. I know he is based somewhere out the Headford way but that's all I know, though I think he is easily found on line. He stuck in my head cos he seemed like a really nice guy and his work was stunning.

I agree, his stuff is beautiful. I got one piece and will hopefully get more. Lovely guy to talk to.

Advertisement