Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Halfords, or any motor factor can do it while you wait. About a tenner or two.
    More info if you search in Motors forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

Didn't he close the nursery?

Sorry to hear obviously didn't know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Nano SIM card to Micro SIM card adapters?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Looking for a decent plumber in town who can come in during the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Looking for a decent plumber in town who can come in during the evening.

Recommendation sent via PM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Looking for somewhere that would do wall decal stickers cheaper than online. For example I bring them in a black and white image, and I get it printed on a large canvas sized sticker.

Anyone had any experience with this around town?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Nano SIM card to Micro SIM card adapters?

could ask in carphone warehouse. Last time i was in there I needed to go from nano to normal sim for a replacement and they had nano->micro and micro->normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think any of the phone shops will give you one really. Last time I asked in a Vodafone shop they literally had a big box full of them right under the counter, it's probably a very common query. Even if you just pick up a free sim card in any of the shops they all come with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Hi, I'm looking for a foam rolling class in Galway city/county?

Not a class that will qualify me to be an instructor, a class where I can go and follow an instructor like bootcamp or yoga

Thanks.

From google it seems Ardilaun leisure club and Galway Pilates Studio,
    Tonabrucky may be what you need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Somewhere to get passport-type photos tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Ficheall wrote: »
    Somewhere to get passport-type photos tomorrow?
    Most pharmacies in the city centre do them - Matt OFlahertys, Whelans etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Am looking for transparent type plastic bags, the size of the big bin bags. I know a place in Dublin but does anyone know of a place in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Where can I get a decent quality (household) mop & bucket? I'm sick of the Dunnes ones that don't last p1ssing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Redditor

Reasonably priced barbers in town that are decent?

The one on Sraid Liam (I think), is that any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

Redditor wrote: »
    Reasonably priced barbers in town that are decent?

The one on Sraid Liam (I think), is that any good?

One Step Ahead, Lwr Abbeygate St. €10-€12

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Where can I get a decent quality (household) mop & bucket? I'm sick of the Dunnes ones that don't last p1ssing time.

Woodies.

I use the Addis twist mop.

http://www.woodiesdiy.com/Product/addis-twist-mop/17837/3.11.1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,056 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's kinda sad where I've seen one but on an early episode of The Big Bang Theory there is this scene of Sheldon and Penny talking in the laundry room and Sheldon is using this device to fold his shirts perfectly. It's like this plastic board with fold in bits.
    I'm useless at neat folding (wardrobe has so many things hanging that could easily fit in drawers) and this might be a great help. Anywhere in Galway have them?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

flazio wrote: »
    It's kinda sad where I've seen one but on an early episode of The Big Bang Theory there is this scene of Sheldon and Penny talking in the laundry room and Sheldon is using this device to fold his shirts perfectly. It's like this plastic board with fold in bits.
    I'm useless at neat folding (wardrobe has so many things hanging that could easily fit in drawers) and this might be a great help. Anywhere in Galway have them?

Never seen them in shops.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Songmics-Folding-T-shirts-Organizer-LCF001/dp/B008EH5QZU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1470833501&sr=8-4&keywords=folding+clothes+board

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭GatsbyGal

Hi. Would anyone know if there is a kids boxing club anywhere on the east or south of Galway city? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Redditor

One Step Ahead, Lwr Abbeygate St. €10-€12

Went there after 5 yesterday and didn't appear to be open.

Went to the place on Sraid Liam. Crew or something? (I could be wrong) Cost a tenner. Wasn't rushed out the door, which I expected. Place was busy but was only waiting a a few mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Good quality bedding...

Sheets / Blanket / Pillows.

"I'm in a high quality hotel" sorta stuff.

Where do I go?

(Already have mattress!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,348 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Probably Ryan's on Market/Lombard St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BayA

GatsbyGal wrote: »
    Hi. Would anyone know if there is a kids boxing club anywhere on the east or south of Galway city? Thanks.

There is one in Monivea in the community centre. This might be to far out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BayA

Good quality bedding...

Where do I go?

(Already have mattress!)

Anthony Ryans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Good quality bedding...

Where do I go?

Since Brown Thomas shut down their home wares section, Anthony Ryan's is the only option for high quality sheets in Galway. Debenhams is also an option for pillows and duvets.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Basically, the parents' 20th anniversary is coming up in a few weeks and I'd like to give them some China (like cups or saucers or something) as is tradition. Any idea where I might be able to get some in or around the city?

Any recommendations welcome, even if they're a bit out of the city or even online.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭patspost

Treasurechest on Shop St good be a good spot or maybe Ryan's HomeWares on Lombard St.
    Galway Crystal have some too.

We don't call it "china" here. Ask for "delph".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,976 ✭✭✭dodzy

Basically, the parents' 20th anniversary is coming up in a few weeks and I'd like to give them some China (like cups or saucers or something) as is tradition. Any idea where I might be able to get some in or around the city?

Any recommendations welcome, even if they're a bit out of the city or even online.

Thanks

You're 18yrs too late with the China I'm afraid. It's for the 2nd anniversary. Platinum is 20th.

Advertisement