Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

aw wrote: »
    As mentioned, the Connacht would be a good bet. Good for kids, pool etc. Not easily walkable to town.

Frequent buses nearby however.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,056 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Another thing the Connaught has going for it is walking distance to the Eye Cinema. Perfect for a couple hours entertainment for the young uns.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GearMaven

I am looking for the Kelly family who at one time lived on Ballymoneen Rd in Monalee Heights neighborhood of Knocknacarra, Galway. I believe family consisted of Charles, Charlain, Sinead, Louise, and Bernadette. We are still receiving mail for this family even though we notify post office to return to sender. Wish to contact them with names of companies trying to locate them. If anyone can provide me with a contact number or address or any suggestion, I'd be grateful.

Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

GearMaven wrote: »
    I am looking for the Kelly family ...
    I'm not sure it's such a great idea to post all the family names on here. Could you contact the auctioneer/real estate agent from whom you bought/rented the house. Or ask the neighbours.

If it's second class post, post office are probably not going to return to sender, so it will keep coming to the address unless someone contacts the companies to say no longer at address ... you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

I'm looking for a restaurant for a grad meal, my four years as a student didn't include much fine dining. I'm looking for somewhere with good food (not fussy on the type) and not ridiculously expensive

any suggestions would be great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I'm looking for a restaurant for a grad meal, my four years as a student didn't include much fine dining. I'm looking for somewhere with good food (not fussy on the type) and not ridiculously expensive

any suggestions would be great

Gemelles on Quay street. Great food great location. Great staff

If you want good food and don't mind being the youngest there, go to park house.food is always unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Looking for a paint shop that sells fiber glass paint for a lake boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

_Puma_ wrote: »
    Looking for a paint shop that sells fiber glass paint for a lake boat.

B+C in Ballybane industrial estate. I know they have paint for yachts, boats etc so I'm guessing you might be lucky there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I'm looking for an electrician to do a few small jobs on a house. Any personal recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Zzippy wrote: »
    I'm looking for an electrician to do a few small jobs on a house. Any personal recommendations?

Will send PM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Looking for Amaretto cherries anywhere in Galway. Tried major supermarkets and aldi, mccambridges, Mortons. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

dilallio wrote: »
    Looking for Amaretto cherries anywhere in Galway. Tried major supermarkets and aldi, mccambridges, Mortons. Thanks.

By any chance, would it be Amarena cherries you are looking for? There was a time within the last couple of years when they seemed to be available everywhere. Sounds like you've had a good look in most of the Galway shops but I would also suggest Marks and Spencer, Joyces Knocknacarra, Sheridans deli beside St Nicholas's, the new Italian deli in Woodquay and maybe even Evergreen. You probably want them sooner rather than later but you could also get them from Amazon, delivered by Parcel Motel. These seem to be the original and best amarena cherries - I never saw anything this ornate in Galway: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fabbri-fabbri-Amarena-Cherres-Opaline/dp/B004TT44RI/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1474119488&sr=8-2&keywords=amarena+cherries. Best of luck with your search.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 carraigard

Anyone have experience good or bad with glass splashback for kitchen (behind hob and a little above the counters)?

Also, where best to get the glass in or around Galway city?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Looking for a carpenter to hang a bedroom door for me during the week. Door, hinges and all the bits will be there.

If someone could recommend someone reasonably priced through pm I'd appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

carraigard wrote: »
    Anyone have experience good or bad with glass splashback for kitchen (behind hob and a little above the counters)?

Also, where best to get the glass in or around Galway city?

A quick google and read around other threads on the topic seem to mention quite a few different companies including Greaney Glass, C&R Glass and Glazing, as well as ideas to buy from B&Q and either DIY or get someone to fit it then.

Might be worth ringing around a few different places and get some ideas/price quotes from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Looking for hotel recommendations for me and the boyfriend to celebrate his birthday and get away from kiddies..So something fairly central and a little but special thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Depending on your budget... Meyrick is probably the handiest but pricey. House Hotel is quite nice too and cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,293 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I am looking for an Internet cafe in Galway.

Need to access ticketmaster at 10am tomorrow and I don't trust the phone app as these are tickets that will sell out fast.

Edit, found one that opens at 10 and she said she will let me in 2 minutes early. Phew!

hamsterboy wrote: »
    Depending on your budget... Meyrick is probably the handiest but pricey. House Hotel is quite nice too and cheaper.

House is nice but anytime I've been there at the weekend (late evening) the music has been ear-splittingly loud. It wouldn't be my choice for a weekend away with the other half. Meyrick is nice alright if you get one of the rooms in the old part, I hear the rooms in the newer section aren't as nice. Definitely the closest to "a little bit special" and central.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,056 ✭✭✭✭flazio

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I am looking for an Internet cafe in Galway.

Need to access ticketmaster at 10am tomorrow and I don't trust the phone app as these are tickets that will sell out fast.

Edit, found one that opens at 10 and she said she will let me in 2 minutes early. Phew!
    What about OMG on Shop Street? An actual Ticketmaster outlet)

• Advertisement

I called some place, can't recall the name, who are a ticketmaster outlet. They said they wouldn't be selling them as it is a presale release.

They will only have the general release ones on Friday.

Got sorted, put my faith in the hospital WiFi and managed to get the tickets.

Feckin scandalous prices for the second row from the back but needs must.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I called some place, can't recall the name, who are a ticketmaster outlet. They said they wouldn't be selling them as it is a presale release.

They will only have the general release ones on Friday.

Got sorted, put my faith in the hospital WiFi and managed to get the tickets.

Feckin scandalous prices for the second row from the back but needs must.

Is Richie Kavanagh really that popular? :p

Zzippy wrote: »
    Is Richie Kavanagh really that popular? :p

There's a lot of folk who would pay good money to see Richie Kavanagh in the UFC...

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭the_galway_fry

can anyone recommend someone who buys in cars from the uk who could maybe get them a bit cheaper than a regular joe and who can also help in getting rid of current car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

All the regular dealers are already doing just that except they're keeping the difference. At least a dealer will take your trade-in and maybe offer a warranty. Watch out as a lot of UK write-offs are pawned off here. Check out dealers in the North as deals can be had if you import it yourself which isn't really that hard. However, you probably won't make much use of the warranty if they're far from you.

Pro tip: A paint thickness meter can be bought on eBay and used all around the car to ensure consistent readings. If any filler has been used it will spot it and save you buying a car that's been in an accident. You'd be really surprised how perfect they can look to the untrained eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

can anyone recommend someone who buys in cars from the uk who could maybe get them a bit cheaper than a regular joe and who can also help in getting rid of current car?

What BeardyBrewer said is pretty much bang on.

If you are looking for dealers who deal pretty much exclusively in British cars 2 that I know of around Galway are Westlink motors and Woodland Motor Co.

If you do decide to import yourself give this thread a look. It's full of great advice and people are usually very responsive to questions. There are savings to be made on some cars and it's not as hard as some people think. The only problem is you'll need to get rid of your own car yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Taxus Fastigata

Hi, anyone know of any good graphic designer who would be able to do some work for me tomorrow morning first thing, using Quark Xpress (all text; no images; just black and white) preferable?

Hi, anyone know of any good graphic designer who would be able to do some work for me tomorrow morning first thing, using Quark Xpress (all text; no images; just black and white) preferable?

Do many designers still use quark? I thought Adobe had taken over...

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

Where can I buy bingo cards? Easons do not do them. So where else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Fooker wrote: »
    Where can I buy bingo cards? Easons do not do them. So where else?

id say Isupply might be your best bet

Advertisement