Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Anywhere have a manual carwash (not that drive through nonsense) that's open on a sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you mean places where you can manually wash your car yourself, then Topaz at Bohermore or Applegreen is good.

If you want someone else to wash it then Galway Autopoint in Terryland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Are there any computer gaming cafes in Galway anymore?

Would love to go to one for a night of LAN gaming with friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭thebackbar

hi,
    Anyone know where i could get a decent suction hook for a Christmas wreath ? it will avoid me having to put a nail in our front door !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

thebackbar wrote: »
    hi,
    Anyone know where i could get a decent suction hook for a Christmas wreath ? it will avoid me having to put a nail in our front door !

Get clear plastic wire and wrap around door above hinge and hang wreath from that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I have hung mine with the help of a Command hook, up a week - so far so good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭raemie10

Can anyone recommend a person to service a Stanley oil range in Spiddal?!
    Would also love a recommendation for someone who resprays/paints kitchen cabinets!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I'm looking for radiator valve caps. They are missing on two radiators in the house, which means we can't turn them on and off.

I have looked in B&Q and O'Higgins, no luck there.

Try www.walshsheatingandplumbing.ie and/or McDonagh's

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

Looking for accountant to do simple end of year tax returns - any recommendations? TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

looking for someone to dog sit for one night in galway city - genuine dog lover with references ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

kefir32 wrote: »
    looking for someone to dog sit for one night in galway city - genuine dog lover with references ?

I use Kozy K9 Care and find them great.

https://www.facebook.com/kozyk9care

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

kefir32 wrote: »

When are you looking for someone? Don have references but have a lot of spare time.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

raemie10 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a person to service a Stanley oil range in Spiddal?!
    Would also love a recommendation for someone who resprays/paints kitchen cabinets!
    Thanks

Paul Hanley is in spiddal and paints kitchens. Highly recommend him after he painted my mom's kitchen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭Boggy Turf

I am looking for somewhere that will repair/replace a cracked iPod screen in Galway city.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I'm looking for really small Christmas gift bags, not much bigger that a pack of cigarettes.

Anyone come across such a thing on their shopping trips?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

not too familiar with shops in town but try a flower shop (like a wholesalers) they normally have little packs of small gift bags

• Registered Users Posts: 38 onzie

I'm trying to find a wicker gift basket. I'm drawing a blank at the moment. Is there anywhere in town that might sell these empty?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 onzie

I'm looking for really small Christmas gift bags, not much bigger that a pack of cigarettes.

Anyone come across such a thing on their shopping trips?

Have you tried Homestore and more - would something like this work?
    https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/cake-icing+decorating/mason-cash-treat-bags-with-ribbon-6-piece/invt/061595

• Advertisement

onzie wrote: »
    I'm trying to find a wicker gift basket. I'm drawing a blank at the moment. Is there anywhere in town that might sell these empty?

They had them in Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

onzie wrote: »

I saw them in Eason last week - upstairs next to the cash register.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Anyone know a good place to get cable ties for pc building. I need for wire management.

Maplin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Eurogiant / euroshop sell small cable ties.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,324 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Woodies would have them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,452 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Dealz do an assortment for €1.50

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

The Dealz cable ties are pretty poor......well, the short ones anyway. They are quite weak - any amount of pressure when tightening them and they snap. Found this out when doing a big cable tidy on a budget. Mind you, for a PC build job they'd probably be ok, seeing as you probably aren't going to be putting them under a lot of pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

For cable management fairly thick ties are best for attaching cables to points on the case, or even better, velcro ties - you'd get those in Maplin, Woodies, etc, it's what I use as they're much easier to work with and can be re-used/re-jigged as required.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

I'm looking for a heavy duty football (soccer) goal net to fit a goal frame 122 tall, 182 wide and 75 deep. I bought the goal in Smyths but the net falls apart too easily.

Thanks,
    Patrick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Hi,

I'm looking for a handheld bluetooth controller for use with a VR headset.

Thanks

Advertisement