Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

jogdish wrote: »
    Yoga class for male ( mixed class is fine ) total beginner who has zero flexibility. So total beginner friendly yoga, zero interest in spiritual stuff, I just want to stretch for general health.

I regularly go to this Ashtanga yoga class.

There are classes each week specifically for beginners.

It's the middle of a term at the moment so you might feel more comfortable to start at the beginning of the next term (the week after the mid-term in February). But I'd actually suggest contacting the teacher to see if there is space in the beginners class this term.

All classes are mixed, but like all yoga classes there are more women than men. There isn't a huge focus on the 'spiritual stuff'.

If you want anymore info feel free to send me a PM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Hi.
    Looking to loan/ fair rent of electric mixer for a few weeks.
    It would only be getting a 1 hour use max but would be infrequent over the few weeks.
    Uneconomical to go official rental route as it would be alot of back and forth or paying rent while sitting idle.
    Doing a diy concrete counter.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Bredabe wrote: »
    Any one know where I can dispose of used duvets? one is for too stained for recycling(not that the charity or bin co's take them) and another one is almost new.

Hi, Just saw your post so I hope I'm not too late.
    If I was you I'd contact animal rescue sites because I've seen some in the past appealing for duvets.
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Hi.
    Looking to loan/ fair rent of electric mixer for a few weeks.
    It would only be getting a 1 hour use max but would be infrequent over the few weeks.
    Uneconomical to go official rental route as it would be alot of back and forth or paying rent while sitting idle.
    Doing a diy concrete counter.
    Thanks
    I thought your were looking for something like a Kitchenaid and had a whole scenario in my head about how you were making a multiple tier wedding cake. Then I got to the end and see you are looking for a cement mixer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Can someone tell me where on Eyre square is bus stop stand number 1. I need to catch the bus to the Galway Clinic tomorrow. Also if anyone knows how much the fare is that'd be great :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

mel.b wrote: »
    Can someone tell me where on Eyre square is bus stop stand number 1. I need to catch the bus to the Galway Clinic tomorrow. Also if anyone knows how much the fare is that'd be great :)
    Look up this website and you'll get time/fare... all easy to find.....
    http://www.galwaytransport.info/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

I thought your were looking for something like a Kitchenaid and had a whole scenario in my head about how you were making a multiple tier wedding cake. Then I got to the end and see you are looking for a cement mixer.

I see what you mean :-)
    Anyhow, got sorted.

36-concrete-three-layer-wedding-cake-with-peach-colored-flowers.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

Andrea B. wrote: »
    I see what you mean :-)
    Anyhow, got sorted.
    Yourself and Christian 71 (upthread) should get together on one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭testtech05

Is there aywhere in the city or surrounds where I could get gait analysis done before splashing out on a new pair of running shoes? I think Elverys on headford road do offer it but have heard some mixed reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

testtech05 wrote: »
    Is there aywhere in the city or surrounds where I could get gait analysis done before splashing out on a new pair of running shoes? I think Elverys on headford road do offer it but have heard some mixed reports.

Gotta run (used to be called amphibian king) in Oranmore do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

detoxkid wrote:
    Gotta run (used to be called amphibian king) in Oranmore do it

+1 on these guys

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

testtech05 wrote: »

Elverys still do it in Headford Road retail park.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,352 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Possibly Foot Solutions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Not too late at all, but not one of the local shelters take quilts(which seems strange to me), they will take pillows tho. T

hanks for the heads up.
    Crazy to me that the bin co's or GCC will take them either! no wonder ppl are dumping.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Bredabe wrote: »
    Any one know where I can dispose of used duvets? one is for too stained for recycling(not that the charity or bin co's take them) and another one is almost new.

Try advertising them on Freecycle. As per this recent post on another thread, it seems to be possible to get rid of most things on Freecycle: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102408552&postcount=7.

As the saying goes, one man's rubbish is another mans treasure!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Looking for a recommendation for an Acupuncturist for sciatica in Galway city

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Pre film dinner in town. Any suggestions besides the usual, obvious places (Cava, Kia, Milanos) please.
    Ta,
    Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭raemie10

dinneenp wrote: »
    Pre film dinner in town. Any suggestions besides the usual, obvious places (Cava, Kia, Milanos) please.
    Ta,
    Pa

Have you tried Artisan's House menu yet?
    http://www.artisangalway.com/new-page/

I've been there several times in the last six months, food has always been consistently great, service fantastic, couldn't fault it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

dinneenp wrote: »
    Ta,
    Pa
    Biteclub, high cafe or Cafe Express.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

The Cellar does excellent food imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Biteclub, high cafe or Cafe Express.

Oh, didn't realise Bite Club was open during the week. In fact didn't know much at all about it, just remember good reviews when it opened and forgot about it since.
    Cheers.

Try advertising them on Freecycle. As per this recent post on another thread, it seems to be possible to get rid of most things on Freecycle: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102408552&postcount=7.

As the saying goes, one man's rubbish is another mans treasure!

Someone told me bearna waste on headford rd would take it, 6.50e flat fee, but cheaper than washing/cleaning/drying. They said they take everything except paint cans.

Anyone know if there is a shoe maker/seamstress in galway who can sew linings into bags and fabric covers onto foam harnesses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭Boggy Turf

Where is a good shop to get a good quality belt for jeans/trousers?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Boggy Turf wrote: »

I would try Louis Copeland on Merchants Road or Hanley & Co. on Williamsgate St.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Boggy Turf wrote: »

TK Maxx can be good for designer brands & reasonable!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Reasonable prices is a relative term. It certainly isn't cheap compared to Pennys/Dunnes. Fine for a belt, but a lot of times you're paying as much as Debenhams. Whenever I waste time sorting through the that mishmash of mostly garbage (many of those designer brands are nightmarishly ugly) I might finally come across a shirt only to find it's 40 quid. I've come to the conclusion that it's not worth my time shopping there. Especially now that Debenhams have adopted the American model of having a sale every other week it's easy to shop online and, when necessary, do returns in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Reasonable prices is a relative term. It certainly isn't cheap compared to Pennys/Dunnes. Fine for a belt, but a lot of times you're paying as much as Debenhams. Whenever I waste time sorting through the that mishmash of mostly garbage (many of those designer brands are nightmarishly ugly) I might finally come across a shirt only to find it's 40 quid. I've come to the conclusion that it's not worth my time shopping there. Especially now that Debenhams have adopted the American model of having a sale every other week it's easy to shop online and, when necessary, do returns in person.

Oh yeah but just the belts I mean, got a Ralph Lauren one for €26.99 & it's quality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Anyone know where I could find kohlrabi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

It's not the season for Kohlrabi at the moment. Hard enough to get it in Ireland, the few times I was successful I picked some up on the market (expensive!), Lidl or Foodland.

Advertisement