Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Space Dog

It's not the season for Kohlrabi at the moment.

Strange, in other countries you get them year-round?

I bought Kohlrabi in Dunnes (Briarhill) as well. Haven't seen it (or looked for it) in ages though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Space Dog wrote: »
    Strange, in other countries you get them year-round?

I bought Kohlrabi in Dunnes (Briarhill) as well. Haven't seen it (or looked for it) in ages though.

I am from Germany originally , where Kohlrabi is a common vegetable. It would be fairly unusual to get Kohlrabi outside the season (May to October) there.
    As it is more of an "exotic" vegetable here, I'd be very surprised if it was imported from further afield than the Continent to have it available all year round. There simply isn't the demand to justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Looking for somewhere in town to bring a few visitors for traditional Irish music on Saturday afternoon. Taffees is probably an option but is there anywhere else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

ArtyC wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could find kohlrabi?

Green Earth Organics have them (imported from Italy) and they're very tasty;
    http://www.greenearthorganics.ie/vegetables/kohlrabi-1pc.html

You can get delivered or buy from the farm shop in Corrandulla on Wednesdays. I think they might stock a few small shops too, maybe give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

cocoman wrote: »
    Looking for somewhere in town to bring a few visitors for traditional Irish music on Saturday afternoon. Taffees is probably an option but is there anywhere else?

Check tigh coilis

Then down the alternative side of town you can check the crane, keoghs, even monroes etc

Few ohonecalls will get ur for ya 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Space Dog

I am from Germany originally , where Kohlrabi is a common vegetable. It would be fairly unusual to get Kohlrabi outside the season (May to October) there.
    As it is more of an "exotic" vegetable here, I'd be very surprised if it was imported from further afield than the Continent to have it available all year round. There simply isn't the demand to justify it.

Well I was home in Germany for Christmas and actually bought a few in supermarkets over there, so the season must stretch to December/January at least :D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

cocoman wrote: »

The Crane

Space Dog wrote: »
    Well I was home in Germany for Christmas and actually bought a few in supermarkets over there, so the season must stretch to December/January at least :D

You can buy strawberries at Christmas, too. Doesn't mean they are in season ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Any recommendations for somewhere to get eyebrows waxed/threaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

Anyone recommend a drain cleaning company/person please? I'm on the east side of Galway.

Bathroom sinks water slow to drain. I tried some drain cleaner but didn't help much. There's many results in Google but I'd like a recommendation.

Cheers,
    Pa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,

Anyone recommend a drain cleaning company/person please? I'm on the east side of Galway.

Bathroom sinks water slow to drain. I tried some drain cleaner but didn't help much. There's many results in Google but I'd like a recommendation.

Cheers,
    Pa.

Get some costic soda from any of the hardware stores.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,

Cheers,
    Pa.

You can open and clean the bend bit under the sink (don't know the technical term) yourself. Probably just hair and soap. Have done it myself before. Not the most pleasant job, but saves you a bit of money. Don't forget to put a bucket underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Rambler11

Any recommendations for somewhere to get eyebrows waxed/threaded?

I recommend the benefit counter in Debenhams. They do Sundays and late Thursdays so easy to get appointment.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Any idea where I can get Jerusalem artichokes?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Alcoheda

You can open and clean the bend bit under the sink (don't know the technical term) yourself. Probably just hair and soap. Have done it myself before. Not the most pleasant job, but saves you a bit of money. Don't forget to put a bucket underneath.

31DPMQ8WJ7L._SX355_.jpg

Every house should have one of these.
    Much more effective than chemicals in most situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

It's the U-bend, and you should be able to thread it off and on again by hand - no tools necessary.

FNLJP96G1ZGOUHY.MEDIUM.jpg

Chuck a basin under it and unthread it - chances are it's full of hair and other gunk that's accumulated over time. Empty it into the bin, wash it out, and reassemble.

Instructions here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 keldeirdre

Hi can anyone recommend a plumber in the Galway city area. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Looking for a person to come to the house to fix a lawnmower

Anyone know of such a service?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Any idea where I can get Jerusalem artichokes?
    In my garden anytime from Summer to Christmas. I think they are all gone now but I'll have a look. What you planning/planting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Terryland Fruit & Veg have had them in the past. I don't get there often but didn't come across them last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Just wondering if there is anywhere in Galway that sell throwing bean bags.
    Small size, fit in kids hand type ones.

I can find some online but need to buy asap so bricks & mortar shop is required

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Art and Hobby in the Eyre Square Centre at a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,895 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Art and Hobby in the Eyre Square Centre at a guess.

Dunno about art and hobby.

But it's magic, first floor of Eyre Square centre, opposite end to art an hobby, definitely have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Christian_71

Check Dealz at Galway Shopping Centre. Thats where I found my bean bags this time last year. It was in their outdoor spring merchandise aisle. 1.49 for 4 bean bags a package.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭testtech05

My girlfriend is looking for evening Zumba or similar classes in the city centre or headford road areas, anyone got any suggestions or experience of same?

testtech05 wrote: »
    My girlfriend is looking for evening Zumba or similar classes in the city centre or headford road areas, anyone got any suggestions or experience of same?

This should tell you what's available

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭testtech05

This should tell you what's available

Thanks a lot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Can anyone recommend a good chiropodist in the city/salthill/knocknacarra area?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

Can anyone recommend a good chiropodist in the city/salthill/knocknacarra area?

Angela McAnearney 34 Abbeygate ST UPR

Advertisement