Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Full leaf spinach regularly.
    I only just noticed that nearly everywhere only does the baby leaf variety.
    Veg place in St Nicholas market does it some of the time on a Saturday but I'm not sure where you'd get it during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Stevolende wrote: »
    Full leaf spinach regularly.
    I only just noticed that nearly everywhere only does the baby leaf variety.
    Veg place in St Nicholas market does it some of the time on a Saturday but I'm not sure where you'd get it during the week.

Try Ernies on Sea Road. Could it be too early in the season for full leaf though? Either way, Ernie will set you right.

Anybody know where I'd get old car/van/tractor tyres? They're for the garden so they can be as bald as a cucumber.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

xckjoo wrote: »
    Try Ernies on Sea Road. Could it be too early in the season for full leaf though? Either way, Ernie will set you right.

Anybody know where I'd get old car/van/tractor tyres? They're for the garden so they can be as bald as a cucumber.

Try the breakers in liosbaun. There is also a tyre place in there that does second hand tyres for cars so might sort you out with some that are no good for re-use

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

Lads I should know this but my mind's gone blank with the sun. Where sells slushies around here?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,352 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Daybreak on Eyre Square did last year anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Does anyone know where I could get glass pebbles please? Smallish ones for putting in vases. I've tried Home Store and More and Woodies but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Does anyone know where I could get glass pebbles please? Smallish ones for putting in vases. I've tried Home Store and More and Woodies but no joy.

Art and Hobby in Eyre Square Centre or Tiger in same place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I've seen glass pebbles in Mr Price recently. You could try there, although their stock changes constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

I'm looking for long term parking (Monday to Friday, weekends would be a bonus but not required) some where near the docks or a short walk from there.

Any suggestions?

ARGINITE wrote: »
    I'm looking for long term parking (Monday to Friday, weekends would be a bonus but not required) some where near the docks or a short walk from there.

Any suggestions?

http://www.daft.ie/galway-city/parking-spaces/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

xckjoo wrote: »

THanks for that, should have checked when I was down that way on Friday dropping boots into the cobbler.

Looks like some of the Chinese or Asian shops down around St Mary's rd/end of Abbeygate Street may have the stuff regularly too.

I thought spring was around when the season for the stuff was anyway.
    Just getting into it otherwise might have noticed that baby leaf proliferating earlier. Seen mention of that being the main choice in supermarkets etc dating back for years after googling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi
    I'm looking for a Barcelona cake topper, need it for Saturday.
    Thanks,
    Pa

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi
    Thanks,
    Pa

https://www.edibleimages.ie/

They have one on their website and are based in Galway. Contact them to see if you could pick up. Post might be cutting it a bit fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi
    Thanks,
    Pa

Griffins on Shop St. can do this too I believe. Mate did it for his Dad's birthday recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Patrickc909

Frigating wrote: »
    Lads I should know this but my mind's gone blank with the sun. Where sells slushies around here?

Bit late to this but there's a stand downstairs in corbettscourt, near new look that sells slushies, I think year-round

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Anyone know of a taxi that allows pets in or a pet taxi(for vet trips and the like) in the city?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Anyone know of a taxi that allows pets in or a pet taxi(for vet trips and the like) in the city?

It's a case of ringing around the companies. Some drivers do and some don't.

I tried that, got a lot of guff about public liability, so I posted here in case.

Must be a new thing. I never had a problem when my dog was alive up to two years ago. Most of the people carriers/vans used to take her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Bredabe, that is a good question. Maybe you should start a thread in Animals where other towns can also mention pet-friendly taxis.

Must be a new thing. I never had a problem when my dog was alive up to two years ago. Most of the people carriers/vans used to take her.
    Its all this talk of restricted breeds, some ppl are unnecessarily scared when they hear certain breeds. worse still if you say you going to the vet, lots of talk about deep cleaning and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Need about 6kg of stewing beef.... Obviously go to a butcher but wondering if any butchers in the city I should be swaying to? I normally go to Collerans but they're not the cheapest.

RIP Feericks, used to be my go to place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Heaney Meats factory shop in Liosban Ind Est.
    http://www.heaneymeats.ie/Shop.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭testtech05

I like McGraths butchers out in Mervue, good selection and pretty reasonable, may be worth checking out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

testtech05 wrote: »
    I like McGraths butchers out in Mervue, good selection and pretty reasonable, may be worth checking out too.

Love that place. Lads are dead sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

testtech05 wrote: »

I've been keeping an eye on their Facebook page for general stuff, i'll defo be popping out there soon, looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Bredabe wrote: »
    Its all this talk of restricted breeds, some ppl are unnecessarily scared when they hear certain breeds. worse still if you say you going to the vet, lots of talk about deep cleaning and the like.

What vet do you use ? If you talk nice and give a bit of notice to them they might do a call out

Bullocks wrote: »
    What vet do you use ? If you talk nice and give a bit of notice to them they might do a call out
    Sadly Mr B wou'nt pay the call out fee for the vets, says there has to be another way in a "city", than paying double the price of a visit ect ect ect.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Anyone know of a beginners yoga class(am's) in or within walking distance of Salthill?

Advertisement