Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Bredabe wrote: »
    Sadly Mr B wou'nt pay the call out fee for the vets, says there has to be another way in a "city", than paying double the price of a visit ect ect ect.:rolleyes:

I would still get a price from vets .I bet it wouldnt be too much more than the taxi fare both ways

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Anyone know of a beginners yoga class(am's) in or within walking distance of Salthill?
    An Seomra Yoga in Small Crane
    Yoga with Maev, Salthill
    Yoga Shala at Salthill Hotel

More in Yoga forum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

biko wrote: »
    An Seomra Yoga in Small Crane
    Yoga with Maev, Salthill
    Yoga Shala at Salthill Hotel

More in Yoga forum
    Thanks,
    FYI Maev not teaching publically anymore.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭thebackbar

Hello,
    Does anyone know if you can get nam char charcoal in Galway ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Hitting to galway for Easter hols...anyone know which are the best boat trips to go on for kids?

• Advertisement

Look into Killary Fjord tours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Anyone spot anywhere selling glass drinking bottles? Not a serving bottle/jug, individual refillable drinking bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

J o e wrote: »
    Anyone spot anywhere selling glass drinking bottles? Not a serving bottle/jug, individual refillable drinking bottle.

Maybe something like this from Dunnes Stores

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Did you try the home brewing shop in Liosban (assuming they're still open)? Or get yourself a few bottles of Grolsch :D

I hope they're not for carrying around! Glass isn't the best material for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Aldi had glass "hydration" bottles recently enough. AFAIK they had a silicone protector around them. They might still have some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Hitting to galway for Easter hols...anyone know which are the best boat trips to go on for kids?
    Look into Killary Fjord tours
    I second that. They are at http://www.killaryfjord.com/. Adult price is €20, children under 10 go free. But if you have some Tesco vouchers, use Boost -- €2.50 in Clubcard Vouchers gives you €10.00 in Days Out tokens. This one is a bit of a hike from Galway city and I didn't like that the commentary was recorded. The day I was on it, there was a busload of German tourists who talked over the commentary so you couldn't hear anything.

If staying in Galway City, there is also the Corrib Princess from Woodquay - https://corribprincess.clearbookings.com/component/jbooka/?view=listing&lid=125635&Itemid=41 You can use Tesco Boost with that too. I found this one very relaxing - the boat moves slowly up the Corrib River to the next of the lake. You can't actually see much as the terrain is very flat on both sides and the banks are covered in reeds. But I felt like I was in the Wind in the Willows.

From Cong or Oughterard, there is http://www.corribcruises.com/. Runs every day. Plenty to see, lots of history. Long time since I was on this one but there was live commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Saw glass bottles in Me Price today; some of them looked a bit gimmicky, though. But I didn't look too closely so some might be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭motley

Anyone know of a beginners yoga class(am's) in or within walking distance of Salthill?

There is beginner yoga starting I think this week. It's on Thursday mornings 6:45am in the Aras beside Pearse Stadium

Not affiliated but former student of the teacher. Would happily recommend. PM if you want contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Where would I get a thinish neck tie?

I've tried all the usual suspects but they all seem to only have wide ones.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Where would I get a thinish neck tie?

I've tried all the usual suspects but they all seem to only have wide ones.

The last time i was upstairs in Geraghtys i got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

Louis copeland has a good range but expect to pay

Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy a cafetiere in the city would be?

A tenner in Argos and in Homestoreandmore

Now with link
    https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/search?q=cafetiere

A tenner in Argos and in Homestoreandmore

Thanks might check out Homestore on the way home this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

b.gud wrote: »
    Thanks might check out Homestore on the way home this evening

Can vouch for Homestore. Got one there over a year ago. Still going strong.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Hi anywhere I could get a cheap digital watch or stopwatch in town? Not a gps watch just casio or basic!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

youngrun wrote: »
    Hi anywhere I could get a cheap digital watch or stopwatch in town? Not a gps watch just casio or basic!

Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

youngrun wrote: »

Dealz ?

Does anyone know if anywhere sells Mobacter lawn feed in Galway ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Discodog wrote: »

Dangan House Garden Centre used to stock it but they seem to have switched to Neudorff according to their website
    It might be worth giving them a ring to see if they still have some Mo Bacter in stock though Neudorff is pretty much the same thing.

McD's in Loughrea definitely have it.

Lumi wrote: »
    Dangan House Garden Centre used to stock it but they seem to have switched to Neudorff according to their website
    It might be worth giving them a ring to see if they still have some Mo Bacter in stock though Neudorff is pretty much the same thing.

McD's in Loughrea definitely have it.

It's a shame that non of the "sheds" appear to have it as the price might come down.
    Can't see many reviews & it's publicity doesn't major on Moss like MoBacter.
    Because of all the mystery ingredients it's impossible to compare

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Anyone know of where to go for good baby swimming lessons? Seems to be quite a lot for toddlers but not for new borns.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Issac wrote: »
    Anyone know of where to go for good baby swimming lessons? Seems to be quite a lot for toddlers but not for new borns.

Cheers.

https://www.waterbabies.ie/classes/galway

Good selection of pools across the city and county.
    There can be a waiting list though as I think they are the only ones who cater for this market here.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭raemie10

I'm looking to convert an open fire to a stove in my sitting room.
    Can't seem to find (via google) a company/person that will come out and give a quote. I'm out past Furbo.

Can anyone help?!
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Discodog wrote: »

Dangan House Garden Centre definitely have it in stock @ €32 for 20kg

Advertisement