Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭bobbyss

A looking for a fake stone that you place in the garden which has a compartment for a key.

Mr Price Westside used to have them (strangely without the lid to close it off). They are great if you lock yourself out.

Anyone have any ideas where I can get one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Looking for somewhere cheap to rent a small electric lawn mower for 1 or 2 hours every couple of weeks.

Edit: Probably cheaper to buy a cheap mower but storage will be a nuisance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

bobbyss wrote: »
    A looking for a fake stone that you place in the garden which has a compartment for a key.

Mr Price Westside used to have them (strangely without the lid to close it off). They are great if you lock yourself out.

Anyone have any ideas where I can get one?

Woodies and B&Q used to sell them....can't remember the brand but there's a range of them that look like rocks, cans of branded home good, expanding foam, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

raemie10 wrote: »
    I'm looking to convert an open fire to a stove in my sitting room.
    Can't seem to find (via google) a company/person that will come out and give a quote. I'm out past Furbo.

Can anyone help?!
    Thanks
    Try contacting www.murphyheating.com

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭raemie10

biko wrote: »
    Try contacting www.murphyheating.com

Thank you.
    I did contact them but they said they don't do call outs.. just want potential customers to send in pics and dimensions.
    I'd really prefer someone to see the room :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Bit nosy but does anyone know what famous person was in o connors in salthill around 4pm today.

Place was closed up for whoever was inside and there was a group of about 30 with camera phones ready waiting for whoever it was to come out...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

There was a traveller wedding in salthill today. Blacked out vans where parked at the side of oconnors along with a stretch hummer and a horse drawn carriage outside the church

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Bit nosy but does anyone know what famous person was in o connors in salthill around 4pm today.

Place was closed up for whoever was inside and there was a group of about 30 with camera phones ready waiting for whoever it was to come out...
    Ed sheeran apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

detoxkid wrote: »
    Ed sheeran apparently!
    Yes, see https://www.joe.ie/music/ed-sheeran-galway-584778

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

Looking for a gardener/handy man for taking up a lawn and relaying concrete or paving? Anywhere I have enquired so far are quoting crazy prices of €2k+ (may not actually be a crazy price but it much more than im willing to spend and need to shop around the right people to see if there are any competitive quotes!)

Thanks

• Advertisement

I lost the handle for my jack. Is there a metalworks around that can do a new one for me?

This is it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Breakers on Headford road would prob have one that would fit,hopefully cheaper than getting one made

I know about the breakers thanks, but was kinda hoping to get a cool looking handle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

biko wrote: »
    I know about the breakers thanks, but was kinda hoping to get a cool looking handle :D

I think they have cool spray paint in Dealz :):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭Boggy Turf

Hi, I have a photo (jpg) which I want to get printed with good quality and framed. Where would you recommend to get that done?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DuhJerk

Anyone know of a place in Galway that does shoe sole replacements? I dunno where to enquire about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

DuhJerk wrote: »
    Anyone know of a place in Galway that does shoe sole replacements? I dunno where to enquire about it...

Entrance to Galway Shopping Centre, Headford Road, Tesco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭Boggy Turf

DuhJerk wrote: »

There is a good place across from Food for Thought (I think) on Lower Abbeygate St.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DuhJerk

Thanks for the tips, didn't know there'd be a supply of places, I'll have a gawk around tomorrow

Boggy Turf wrote: »
    Hi, I have a photo (jpg) which I want to get printed with good quality and framed. Where would you recommend to get that done?
    Pretty much any photo shop. Of course selection of frames will be a little limited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

Boggy Turf wrote: »
    There is a good place across from Food for Thought (I think) on Lower Abbeygate St.

Great place in old mervue (if it's still there) the guy is deaf so be prepared to write instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

hi all, im looking for a technical person to help assemble a large screen tv and get it working optimally, new lg oled tv and need some help getting it all together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Does anyone know of any dog friendly hotels/bars in the city? Just wanna go for a drink somewhere & let the dog come with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Tilikum wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any dog friendly hotels/bars in the city? Just wanna go for a drink somewhere & let the dog come with us.

Naughtons pub in town have outside seating and lots of dogs sit there ppl watching, there is a tea shop at the end of sea road that does the same, most outdoor places seem to have dogs outside, the 12 hotel is known for its dog friendliness it's in bearna, there is a castle in connemara thats dog friendly as well, just outside of Maam cross, the name escapes me, but its online im sure.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Bredabe wrote: »
    Naughtons pub in town have outside seating and lots of dogs sit there ppl watching, there is a tea shop at the end of sea road that does the same, most outdoor places seem to have dogs outside, the 12 hotel is known for its dog friendliness it's in bearna, there is a castle in connemara thats dog friendly as well, just outside of Maam cross, the name escapes me, but its online im sure.

The ardilawn hotel is also said to be dog friendly. Just heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Tilikum wrote: »
    The ardilawn hotel is also said to be dog friendly. Just heard.

I doubt that very much. Frequent it a fair bit and never saw a dog there.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,352 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

They allow guests to bring dogs. Don't know what the set up is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

ive seen dogs in the crane

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I've seen dogs in The Salt house on numerous occasions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

kefir32 wrote: »
    hi all, im looking for a technical person to help assemble a large screen tv and get it working optimally, new lg oled tv and need some help getting it all together

Aren't TVs plug and play? Genuinely, I'd offer but I've no idea what a TV requires bar a power and HDMI cables so I've no idea what assembly help you're looking for

Advertisement