Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bberry143

There was a busker today and he was English he was signing up beside evergreen at about 1.30, he was really good and I just forgot his name as I want to look him up on YouTube
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Does anyone know the easiest way to get from town (or Terryland) to Ballybrit (NDLS centre) via public transport?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Slow Show wrote: »
    Does anyone know the easiest way to get from town (or Terryland) to Ballybrit (NDLS centre) via public transport?

The last stop of the eastbound 405 Rahoon-Eyre Square-Ballybane bus route from town ends in that estate. It's about 3-4 mins walk around the fence from Hewlett Packard.

https://goo.gl/maps/ATizbr7H9wy

The 405 goes out Bohermore and the Tuam Rd until the Trappers Inn, if it's handier for you to catch it along there.

Get a daysaver ticket for €4.50 if you're getting the bus from Tirellan or somewhere into town first. The four journeys will cost you €8.80 adult otherwise.

Does anyone know of any place that can do VHS tape to DVD transfer in town?

Galway Camera Shop offer it, but it's an outside company and it gets sent to Belfast. Could take a month. O'Connor's don't do it any more. Keady doesn't appear to have any shop in town any more.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,353 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I think I've seen somebody offering that in the small ads in The Advertiser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check with Hynes Hi-Fi and TV on Dominick Street Lower

I was wrong about Keady Video. Still in the Shoemaker's Tower. Got sorted.

Hynes' phone number doesn't work any more, but I didn't actually go down as far as them to see if they're open still.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Anyone know where I can find a good dermatologist here and or a good alternative therapist who works with skin issues?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

They had bockwurst, but not bratwurst. Polish shops don't sell it either.

2d54adf0-22d5-0133-7dfc-0a67ec7fcf67.jpg?w=370&fit=max&auto=format&q=70

Bratwurst has a milky white appearance uncooked so it's easy to spot. It used to be commonly carried by ALDI/LIDL but I haven't seen it in years (although I don't get to LIDL too often but am in ALDI weekly).

Not sure if it's a special or not but noticed Aldi is carrying bratwurst in the cold meat section.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mac1ntosh

A few chairty shops of Middle Street just from Shop Street, near the back enterance to the shopping cente. COPE Galway and an RSPC one directly acriss the road from each other, seen a sign looking for donations recently too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Not sure if it's a special or not but noticed Aldi is carrying bratwurst in the cold meat section.

I posted about them in the Aldi thread about 4 weeks ago. I think they are back for the summer / BBQ season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Anyone know where i would buy a car polishing machine that wouldnt cost an arm and a leg in town somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Runninghard

Anyone know if it is possible to get lessons in Greek (beginners) - even one to one - in Galway ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 31 theniamh

Help much appreciated! I am looking for a place that sells cassettes in Galway. A Johnny McEvoy one at that!! It will make a 95 year old lady very happy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

Bredabe wrote:
    Anyone know where I can find a good dermatologist here and or a good alternative therapist who works with skin issues?

Dr Casey in knocknacara health centre he's a great gp and brilliant dermatologist

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

theniamh wrote: »
    Help much appreciated! I am looking for a place that sells cassettes in Galway. A Johnny McEvoy one at that!! It will make a 95 year old lady very happy!!

Your best hope might be some of the various charity shops about town.

Anyone know of a reliable and economical delivery/courier company that could deliver a few medium(not heavy) sized boxes to an address in Longford?
    *Pick up in Galway, delivery in Longford town or just outside.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Anyone know of a reliable and economical delivery/courier company that could deliver a few medium(not heavy) sized boxes to an address in Longford?

Check out https://www.anyvan.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭Blue850

The company I work for have been using Barry Express for years for deliveries to the midlands. They are Longford based and have a truck in Galway everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Anyone know where I could buy a good quality mens coin tray purse in Galway City?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Anyone know where I could buy a good quality mens coin tray purse in Galway City?

Not sure exactly what a mens coin tray purse is but if it's what I'm thinking, try the leather goods shop on Abbeygate Street, opposite the Gourmet Tart. Can't think of the name of the shop off the top of my head but they do a good range of wallets and coin purses.

Mishnoc on Mainguard: https://mishnoc.com/?s=coin&post_type=product

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Thanks, I'll have a look in those shops.

I'm particularly interested in a horseshoe shaped one without a fastener catch, something like this Tony Perotti Italian Leather Coin Tray Purse

fa24bbcd2f.JPG

9237e774cd.JPG

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Mishnoc is the place I was thinking of too. They're on Abbeygate Street though. Unless they moved in the last month.

Pretty sure I've seen those kinds of coin purses in there.

Anyone know where I can dispose of a small amount of cooking oil(used) on a regular basis?

Anyone know where I can dispose of a small amount of cooking oil(used) on a regular basis?

The recycling centre takes it in quantities of up to 5l.

http://www.galwaycity.ie/recycling-centre-2/recycling-centre#4

We are looking to hire a catering size (professional) BBQ. Any help much appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

What shops sell sourdough bread (and are open after 7pm)? Have been keeping an eye out recently but no luck.

Advertisement