Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ella108 wrote: »
    Where I can get quality futon mattress?
    As it happens www.celticfutonstore.ie is local.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Looking for a mains powered digital clock, not a clock radio or anything else fancy, Simply a mains powered digital clock.

Anywhere local?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Looking for a mains powered digital clock, not a clock radio or anything else fancy, Simply a mains powered digital clock.

Anywhere local?

If you mean in the city centre, Des Kavanaugh Electrical on Market Street or Conboys in Woodquay. Further out you could do Argos, Currys, N17, the guys in Westside shopping centre and Galway Shopping centre (names are escaping me at the moment).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Anybody know where to go to get a small welding job done?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

xckjoo wrote: »
    Anybody know where to go to get a small welding job done?

Maybe Pat Rynn in the docks?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Anyone know where I could get a good laptop backpack in Galway? I got one in aldi a few years ago which served me well but need a new one asap. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

PC world
    Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Good repair person for washing machine. I had someone call out before and they were great, very reasonable. Can't find his number at all now.
    Thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

George Conboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,068 ✭✭✭✭flazio

biko wrote: »
    PC world
    Argos

Pc world is closed and incorporated into Curry's.
    Did electrical might also be worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

€80 euro per pillow, but they are the mercedes of pillows. I just realised I spelled it wrong, should be dunlopillo.

www.arnotts.ie have Dunlopillo pillows with some reductions in their sale which is on right now. They often sell out very fast, I don't know if there are any left. They have free delivery over 50 too. Mine were 30/pillow in the sale there a few years ago.
    I have heard the quality isn't as good as it was a few years ago, but I can't confirm. Mine have their allergy protector on from the start and are as bouncy as they are 4 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

dinneenp wrote: »
    Good repair person for washing machine. I had someone call out before and they were great, very reasonable. Can't find his number at all now.
    Thanks,
    Pa.

Have to say George Conboy also he'll either sort you out without ripping you off old school service

• Registered Users Posts: 23,522 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

A good PC repair place that does call outs?

Or just the best/most reasonable repair place

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

pjohnson wrote: »
    A good PC repair place that does call outs?

where are you located?

holly8 wrote: »
    where are you located?

West Galway near Barna

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lynsbu

Would anyone know where I could get decaf Coffee Pods for a Nespresso machine in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

You'd be looking at the compatible pods from Aldi/ lidl I'd say but I'm not sure if they do decaf. If you want the genuine pods, you won't be able to buy them in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SmartGuy555

Tiger Shop in galway shopping centre has thick outdoor chalk for a fair price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Tiger Shop in galway shopping centre has thick outdoor chalk for a fair price

That was asked 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

FanadMan wrote: »
    That was asked 3 years ago.

Hopscotch is timeless, don't ya know...? :P

Looking for a place to replace the arm on a pair of sunglasses I love. Specsavers & Vision Express didn't seem to know of any place that did it. Would consider just buying some stuff online and fixing it myself, but I'd probably order the wrong arm or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭Guffy

pjohnson wrote: »
    Or just the best/most reasonable repair place

I know there is a lad who puts an add in the advertiser. "Dr fix it" or something like that. Duno if he's still going but he wont charge if he cant fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

Hopscotch is timeless, don't ya know...? :P

Looking for a place to replace the arm on a pair of sunglasses I love. Specsavers & Vision Express didn't seem to know of any place that did it. Would consider just buying some stuff online and fixing it myself, but I'd probably order the wrong arm or something...
    I had the same problem and ended up in Fallers a number of years ago. They'll go through some old pairs and match it with the nearest best match. Not sure if they'restill open but if you may spot am cheap pair some where that would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

Hi All
    I bought a bean to cup coffee grinder, sage machine (heston blumenthal) to say its a learning curve using it is an understatement.I have gone through a bag of fresh beans and made a dogs dinner out of it. tried all the usual youtube tutorials to no avail, anyone of barista experience or has used this machine help me out??
    :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

kefir32 wrote: »
    Hi All
    I bought a bean to cup coffee grinder, sage machine (heston blumenthal) to say its a learning curve using it is an understatement.I have gone through a bag of fresh beans and made a dogs dinner out of it. tried all the usual youtube tutorials to no avail, anyone of barista experience or has used this machine help me out??

Maybe try this forum - all coffee mad freaks :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=929

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

FanadMan wrote: »
    Maybe try this forum - all coffee mad freaks :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=929

Thanks fanadman:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hi All

Grind the beans until it looks like waves

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Looking for cotton or polycotton straight legged leggings, I used to get them in Dunnes, but they've not had them for a few years now, Anyone see them in shops anywhere or online?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭Guffy

Hi All

How long does the water take to go through the bean? Should be 18-23 seconds. Outside this range will result in a bitter coffee. Adjust the grind until you hit this range

Advertisement