Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

motley wrote: »
    Anyone know of any yoga classes that take place in the morning? Preferably the east side of the city. All the ones I have come across only take place in the evening.

Have you tried French Vanoli in Oranmore? I'm not sure if they do morning classes but they def do Pilates in morning times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Yoga Roots (Facebook linky) seems to have classes Wednesday & Thursday at 10.30am in Barna and Salthill.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

bikramyogagalway Tuam Rd does some 10am stuff.
    mindfulmovements in Liosboan even earlier than that

Yoga and Pilates forum have more info

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Anyone know If anywhere sells Femidom in or around galway?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Anyone know If anywhere sells Femidom in or around galway?

Possibly get in touch with the Galway Family Planning Clinic on Augustine Street. They don't have a proper website, but they would definitely be able to point you in the right direction.

Quick Google

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Does anyone know where I would be able to get a few book's standard binding removed and replaced with a spiral wire binding in the city.  I've tried a printer in the city who can't and have emailed Kenny Bookbinding to see if it's something they offer.  Anywhere else to try?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Never mind, Kenny's have just replied saying they are able to do this!!

Possibly get in touch with the Galway Family Planning Clinic on Augustine Street. They don't have a proper website, but they would definitely be able to point you in the right direction.

Quick Google
    They dont have femidom anymore, has anyone seen them in chemists around?
    I checked Boots in Headford rd with no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

They dont have femidom anymore, has anyone seen them in chemists around?
    I checked Boots in Headford rd with no joy.

Just buy them off Amazon, they're cheep as chips and you'd have them by now if it was your first port of call?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Just buy them off Amazon, they're cheep as chips and you'd have them by now if it was your first port of call?
    Ive seen them on amazon, I was hoping for somewhere more direct to get them tho. Its not like they are illegal anymore.

• Advertisement

Online definitely seems to be the way to go.

Was chatting to friend about this query, and they said that Condom Power in Dublin (Google Link here) stocks them. Not sure if that's any use to you, though. :o

Online definitely seems to be the way to go.

Was chatting to friend about this query, and they said that Condom Power in Dublin (Google Link here) stocks them. Not sure if that's any use to you, though. :o
    Its a real throw back, buying "condoms" online in this day and age, dub is fine for me, Tks to your friend, I've tweeted condom power.

Its a real throw back, buying "condoms" online in this day and age, dub is fine for me, Tks to your friend, I've tweeted condom power.

Take the train to Belfast :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Take the train to Belfast :)
    I used to buy them by the box there and the same in London, that's why I was shocked I could not just pick them up here as well.

Apparently they weren't all that popular here in Galway, so when retailers would purchase them for resale, it would take quite a while to get through the stock; so they stopped ordering them, and just focused on condoms, implants, coils, and the pill.

Apparently they weren't all that popular here in Galway, so when retailers would purchase them for resale, it would take quite a while to get through the stock; so they stopped ordering them, and just focused on condoms, implants, coils, and the pill.
    Yea, there was a lot of that said when I asked, but latest stats say 1 in 4 is a crisis pregnancy and unbelievably some couples are still using withdrawal, so a market for something else.
    Still hoping to find them otc here tho.

Bring on the male contraceptive gel.

Best of luck with your search. Do update us here if you find anywhere to source Femidom in Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

All this talk about the scarcity of Femidoms reminds me of Elaine’s "sponge-worthy" crisis in Seinfeld! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 OgreMage

helo, i live in galway city and need something mundane from argos, but its only in stock in their Castlebar store. Would anyone magically be travelling from castlebar to galway city and be willing to pick it up for me?
    As a thank you i would give 20 euros as well
    hopefully someone is crossing paths and willing to help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 OgreMage

thank you for reading but i found a different seller that will do delivery, it was a mains electric air pump for a small garden pool in case ye were wondering :)

• Advertisement

OgreMage wrote: »
    in case ye were wondering :)

We were. Now we're not. :p

Glad you got sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭motley

biko wrote: »
    bikramyogagalway Tuam Rd does some 10am stuff.
    mindfulmovements in Liosboan even earlier than that

Yoga and Pilates forum have more info
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Looking for a place before work so 7/8am. Will check all those out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

A GP that operates during lunch hours (12-2) or after 6pm. I have a non urgent health issue Ive been meaning to go to the GP about, and I work Monday-Friday and often Saturdays too and from what I see it's impossible for me to see a GP in-hours, and my issue certainly wouldn't warrant a call to West Doc or A&E.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Slow Show wrote: »
    A GP that operates during lunch hours (12-2) or after 6pm. I have a non urgent health issue Ive been meaning to go to the GP about, and I work Monday-Friday and often Saturdays too and from what I see it's impossible for me to see a GP in-hours, and my issue certainly wouldn't warrant a call to West Doc or A&E.

http://www.weekenddoc.com/ weekend Doc in Nile Lodge Salthill open all day Saturday and on Sundays/bank holidays. Might be suitable?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

There used to be one in Nile Lodge who did out of hours. Don't know if she's still there. I think the guy in the Headford Rd shopping centre used to do lates as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

Slow Show wrote: »

If you're on the west side of town Seacrest surgery have evening opening hours a couple of evenings a week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Ok weird one...
    Looking for a sacred heart picture with the light fitting

Yeah I know.... Long story

HB

hamsterboy wrote: »
    Ok weird one...

Yeah I know.... Long story

HB

Galway Cathedral shop may have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

hamsterboy wrote: »
    Ok weird one...

You can buy one online from Knock Shrine: https://www.aro.ie/aroeshop/sites/knocksouvenir/Product.aspx?cid=1265&pid=17008&treeid=2

Don't know why I'm surprised to find them doing something as modern as selling religious artifacts online but I am!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Ask Gerry Devaney at the stall outside Supermacs Eyre Square.

Advertisement