Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

hamsterboy wrote: »
    Ok weird one...
    Looking for a sacred heart picture with the light fitting

Yeah I know.... Long story

HB
    If you have the time to look I'm pretty sure they are a regular feature in some of the many second hand shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

I am looking for banjo lessons for Irish trad in Galway, I have a car so am willing to travel outside of the city limits if needed for someone if it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Anyone know the cheapest place for CR 123 batteries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Discodog wrote: »

Camera shops should have these.

Edit - just noticed you're looking for "cheapest"... don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Depends on what your idea of cheap is. Tesco do them for €7.99

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=250730064

• Advertisement

FanadMan wrote: »
    Depends on what your idea of cheap is. Tesco do them for €7.99

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=250730064

That's only 4x the online price ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

That's only 4x the online price ☺️

Easily.....but it's a B&M store in the city which is quicker than buying online.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

Maybe check eurosaver shop on Eglinton st. They have a rack of cheap watch batteries and others beside the checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Anyone know where stereo headphones with a small plug can be gotten here and at a reasonable price?, small enough to fit a tablet port.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Bredabe wrote: »
    Anyone know where stereo headphones with a small plug can be gotten here and at a reasonable price?, small enough to fit a tablet port.

The standard 3.5mm connectors? You'd get them many places. Argos, Currys, Euro store (probably), any of the electronics stores around. Pretty sure you'll even get them in petrol stations or your local supermarket.

• Advertisement

xckjoo wrote: »
    The standard 3.5mm connectors? You'd get them many places. Argos, Currys, Euro store (probably), any of the electronics stores around. Pretty sure you'll even get them in petrol stations or your local supermarket.

I dont know what size it is actually, am using old walk man head phones now and fits perfectly. Anything I've seen on sale in Argos or the like has been too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

TheSegal wrote:
    I am looking for banjo lessons for Irish trad in Galway, I have a car so am willing to travel outside of the city limits if needed for someone if it's worth it.

Gannon's traditional Irish music shop in spiddal. They are on Facebook and have a website

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I dont know what size it is actually, am using old walk man head phones now and fits perfectly. Anything I've seen on sale in Argos or the like has been too big.

They've been too big to fit the headphone jack? There is a 2.5mm size but they're less common and I haven't seen it used in phones or tablets. I'd suggest bringing the tablet into somewhere like Currys and asking them for help. If it is the smaller size, you'll probably need to pick up an adapter as you won't find too many headphones with this size jack.

You can pick up one of the adapters in Maplin, but I'd definitely double check the size first.

TK max had lots by the door

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

If its the same size as a tablet port, that's 3.5mm, you'd get them in loads of places.

Powell's might have adapters you can get if you've a nice pair of headphones you'd like to keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Looking for recommendations for a painter.

Sitting room, hallway and stairs.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

I'm organising a foodie hen and looking for a company to come to where we are staying anf cook us nice food. We aren't going out so happy to put a bit of money into it. Any recommendedations?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

I'm organising a foodie hen and looking for a company to come to where we are staying anf cook us nice food. We aren't going out so happy to put a bit of money into it. Any recommendedations?

Sib recently took the shower out of one of the bathrooms, that part of the wall needs re plastering,
    Can anyone recommend a good plaster please?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bosupe

Basically I’m looking for somewhere in town that you can reserve a section for fee for a games night (15-20 people).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Nua

I'm not getting much info when I google - can anyone let me know if they've gotten doors dipped/paint stripped anywhere in Galway? Thanks

I have a backpack sized parcel that needs minding for a couple of hours, where in the sq is the best and not very expensive places to leave it safely?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭Guffy

Bosupe wrote: »
    Basically I’m looking for somewhere in town that you can reserve a section for fee for a games night (15-20 people).

Not quite town but the oslo should be able to accommodate ye

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I have a backpack sized parcel that needs minding for a couple of hours, where in the sq is the best and not very expensive places to leave it safely?
    I would ask in the Imperial , they are sound enough and would probably oblige

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

There are lockers in the new Bus Station now. Just up the road from the Square. BigOTaxi have a left luggage facility, too. They are close to the train station and the Meyrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Bosupe wrote: »

Contact Galway Gaming Tribes [they're on faceboo], they should be able to accommodate you.

Anyone know where I can find a small microwave and small fridge(single person sized) reasonably priced? good 2nd hand would do.

Any recommendations for someone that can put a professional CV together for a reasonable price?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Anyone know where I can find a small microwave and small fridge(single person sized) reasonably priced? good 2nd hand would do.

George conboy electrical in New road should be able to sort you out.

• Advertisement

Where would ppl recommend to buy a good 2nd hand computer?

Advertisement