Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

jkforde wrote: »
    5ltr bottle of white vinegar to kill off liverwort in the gravel drive, it's the only thing that'll kill the damn stuff.... where in the city, excluding Musgraves etc., that i can get some. thanks!

Joyces in Athenry have 5Ltr bottles in their 'catering' section so maybe the Knocknacarra shop would have them? Not dear, I buy them for cleaning :)
    But now I want to know about the weedkilling which is news to me??!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

Bredabe wrote: »
    Any one have a rec for a computer shop that isn't Laptec?
    what they have left in computer stock is too expensive.

You could try techknow in Athenry. I don't actually know what kind of stock they would have but my friend works there and she's really nice :) OK, so that's hardly a resounding endorsement but I've never heard a complaint about the place either, and Athenry is a place where you'd hear if people were giving out...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

jkforde wrote: »
    5ltr bottle of white vinegar to kill off liverwort in the gravel drive, it's the only thing that'll kill the damn stuff.... where in the city, excluding Musgraves etc., that i can get some. thanks!
    The Asian/ME shop next to Aldi/Mister Price Westside have 5L jugs for 7 euro or so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Looking for someone who fits window locks on double glazed windows and doors?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

I'm satrting a little diy project and am looking for a raspberry pi.

Is there any place to buy a raspberry pi in Galway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

Maplin in Wellpark had some Raspberry Pi starter packs the last time I was in there (during the summer).

Give them a call to check if they still stock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

I see from the website they have a few in stock.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

If budget is tight you can check on adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

biko wrote: »
    If budget is tight you can check on adverts

Worth noting that is the pi 2, the pi 3 is the latest model.

I've actually been looking into getting a pi over the past few days and if budget is your main concern the best value seems to be on ebay. There are different bundles depending on what you want, feel free to pm me if you want more details

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Dane29

Hi All,
    Anybody have any idea where one could buy a lap tray (food tray) that has a cushion base around the city. I want it for my mother. Dunnes had them a few months back but all gone unfortunately.

Thank you
    D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Dane29 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Anybody have any idea where one could buy a lap tray (food tray) that has a cushion base around the city. I want it for my mother. Dunnes had them a few months back but all gone unfortunately.

Thank you
    D

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4592277/Trail/searchtext%3ETRAY.htm

something like this?

argos have loads of them

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Dane29

Aw.. thanks so much fearruanua. Never thought of Argos.

Cheers
    D

Hi
    Anyone know where I can(if I can) recycle an old-fashioned plastic/glass insert flask, the GCC site isn't clear on this.
    Where to get a 3 phone unlocked and ported to postfone?
    Idea's on what to do with unwanted hardened paint? GCC doesn't take it.

Hi
    Anyone know where I can(if I can) recycle an old-fashioned plastic/glass insert flask, the GCC site isn't clear on this.
    Idea's on what to do with unwanted hardened paint? GCC doesn't take it.

Flask - grey bin
    Paint - Barna waste (Ballinasloe, Tuam, Clifden, Tubbercurry)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Have a search for the phone model and '3 unlock' on eBay, codes are normally €2-3

Otherwise, Three directly or the phone repair shops round town, there's 2 in Corbett Court iirc

There's no porting necessary these days, you just get it SIM Unlocked and it'll work on all networks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Can anyone recommend a reasonable accountant in the city to assist with filing tax returns on additional income for a paye worker. Trying to figure out the revenue website is making me want to shoot myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

2 tickets for reggie d wanted for this sat in town hall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Where do I get big pumpkins for carving for Halloween and are they expensive ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Tesco, Lidl and Aldi are the cheapest. Usually up to 5 Euro for the biggest, I got respectable sized one from Tesco last week for 3 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

2 tickets for reggie d wanted for this sat in town hall

If it's part of the comedy festival there is a special Facebook group for buy and sell Galway comedy tickets.

• Advertisement

The fruit and veg stall beside Tesco Headford Rd had some very nice ones for €6

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Can anyone recommend a reasonable accountant in the city to assist with filing tax returns on additional income for a paye worker. Trying to figure out the revenue website is making me want to shoot myself.

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Where would I get take away plastic containers for freezing food in and then heating in the microwave later? The kind of dishes you get a curry in from the takeaway.

Where would I get take away plastic containers for freezing food in and then heating in the microwave later? The kind of dishes you get a curry in from the takeaway.

Dealz sell multipacks I'm pretty sure

It's also a good excuse to get a 3 in 1 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'm looking for a rubber pool ring, like the thing a kid puts around their waist in a pool... even better if there's an animal on it :pac:

Or even one of the smaller inflatable unicorns that were doing the rounds this summer (we have a massive one) - I need to be able to wear it for a fancy dress so need to source locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Does anyone have any recommendations for somewhere for a group of 8 for a Christmas dinner, with BYOB?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Does anyone have any recommendations for somewhere for a group of 8 for a Christmas dinner, with BYOB?

High Cafe?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I'm looking for a rubber pool ring, like the thing a kid puts around their waist in a pool... even better if there's an animal on it :pac:

Or even one of the smaller inflatable unicorns that were doing the rounds this summer (we have a massive one) - I need to be able to wear it for a fancy dress so need to source locally.

The Bon Bon in Salthill, stocks all that stuff.

• Advertisement

Anyone know where I can buy a bag of toy stuffing in the city?

Advertisement