Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭Guffy

Bredabe wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can buy a bag of toy stuffing in the city?

Spotted a teddy bear shop downstairs in the shopping center yesterday. Its beside the esculater and eligent undies. They had a machine the stuffed teddies in middle if shop so they may be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Guffy wrote: »
    Spotted a teddy bear shop downstairs in the shopping center yesterday. Its beside the esculater and eligent undies. They had a machine the stuffed teddies in middle if shop so they may be able to help.

Hickeys upstairs from there would another possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

Bredabe wrote:
    Anyone know where I can buy a bag of toy stuffing in the city?

My aunt used to use old tights

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Escapees

Sorry if this has been asked before but can't search thread using phone. Looking for somewhere in the city to print documents from a memory stick, just black and white, small quantities? Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Escapees wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before but can't search thread using phone. Looking for somewhere in the city to print documents from a memory stick, just black and white, small quantities? Thx

iSupply, the Copyshop in NUIG, and there is another place in Upper Abbeygate Street that I can't remember the name of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Kelly's in Lower Salthill used to as well. My printer went out at the worst time a couple years back and they really saved me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

iSupply, the Copyshop in NUIG, and there is another place in Upper Abbeygate Street that I can't remember the name of.

The NUI print shop is called Print That. They have a website with hours, prices etc http://www.printthat.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Found about a million half used lead pencils, I don't want to put them in the bin,
    Any idea where/if they can be recycled or upcycled here?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

Found about a million half used lead pencils, I don't want to put them in the bin,
    500,000? Photo, or we won't believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ask in the charity shops or Simon community, they may have need of them.

• Advertisement

leck wrote: »
    500,000? Photo, or we won't believe it.
    Tempting but as the system here has never let me attach anything, you're out of luck.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,356 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Tempting but as the system here has never let me attach anything, you're out of luck.:P

You've spent too much time in the bookies.

You've spent too much time in the bookies.

Are you flirting with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Does anyone recommend anyone for home visits in Galway City?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,356 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Are you flirting with me?

Well that escalated quickly!

I think we might be on the wrong site for that.

Well that escalated quickly!

I think we might be on the wrong site for that.
    :):):):):)

Back to Q&A please

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Can anyone recommend a painter for complete exterior and interior of house please?
    House is near Turloughmore.

Thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Are they suitable for firewood?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

dinneenp wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a painter for complete exterior and interior of house please?
    House is near Turloughmore.

Thanks,
    Pa.

Can think of two local guys.

Declan Langan
    Michael Hession

Declan did work for us and we're very happy with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Escapees

Any recommendations for a good and reasonably priced dentist in the city?

Just rang up a place there and was told that they couldn't really disclose the price for a standard checkup and clean!! (I'm aware of the recent PRSI entitlements changes btw).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Any recommendations for a good and reasonably priced dentist in the city?

Just rang up a place there and was told that they couldn't really disclose the price for a standard checkup and clean!! (I'm aware of the recent PRSI entitlements changes btw).

Devon park in salthill charge around 60 for a check up (sometimes a quick clean included) and 60 for full clean with hygienist. They are not the cheapest in city but I'm very happy with service (and I've had some awful experiences with dentists in U.K. so I'm prepared to pay a premium for a gentle dentist!). Free car parking too.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

with PRSI entitlements the max a dentist can charge for exam, scale and polish is €15 but some include the x-rays some charge 15 per x ray. Unprofessional in my opinion not to include x-rays in standard fee as it helps them do their job properly. If I refuse to have x ray and sue them for not picking up cavity???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,070 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Anyone know where I can get a retractable coil for a factory work badge / lanyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Anywhere local that I can get Aluminium U Channels like these? Flat bars might also work for what I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

flazio wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get a retractable coil for a factory work badge / lanyard.

Stationery shop beside Debenhams if it's still there.

We have a lot of plastic(pet) soft drinks bottles, is there a charity or organisation here that takes them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

We have a lot of plastic(pet) soft drinks bottles, is there a charity or organisation here that takes them?

Empty or full?

Empty or full?
    Empty, don't want to put them in the bin if they can be used for other purposes.

• Advertisement

Try places like Freecycle or Adverts free stuff sections. Maybe someone will have use of them

Advertisement