Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,070 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Seen them in O Tooles Supervalu in Tuam, adorable ones.. €9.99! No scent

Yes there is, there's nine hundred and ninety nine cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Looking for a sim free Nokia 215 or similar, any idea's where I can get one?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Looking for a sim free Nokia 215 or similar, any idea's where I can get one?

Cex have them I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Mothers 60th soon. Want a cake with a few photos on it.

Griffin s website advertises them for 80 euro +

Way too expensive.

Anyone have one done anywhere else at a decent price ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Mothers 60th soon. Want a cake with a few photos on it.

Griffin s website advertises them for 80 euro +

Way too expensive.

Anyone have one done anywhere else at a decent price ??

Buy a nice cake elsewhere, e.g. M&S and have the cake topper made and delivered https://www.edibleimages.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

Hi all
    I'm looking for somewhere good to get a suit jacket tailored to fit ?
    TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Good but expensive is David Young on Eglinton street.
    Else ask in Suit Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bluestone

Hi, we have got a rocking chair & most of the straps under the seat are gone. Anyone know where I could get these replaced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

There is an upholstery place in the Ballybane Ind Est past the dog pound on the left. can't remember the name of it though

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

I have an old pc and monitor I want to get rid of. Is there anywhere in the city that recycles them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I have an old pc and monitor I want to get rid of. Is there anywhere in the city that recycles them?

Galway City Council yard Liosbán Industrial Estate

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

If they're still working then you NUIG Compsoc run "Camara" drop-off thing about once a month. Looks like their most recent one was in October.
    Maybe drop them a line and see if they've another one coming up? Otherwise you're talking about the recycling centre in Liosban.

xckjoo wrote: »
    If they're still working then you NUIG Compsoc run "Camara" drop-off thing about once a month. Looks like their most recent one was in October.
    Maybe drop them a line and see if they've another one coming up? Otherwise you're talking about the recycling centre in Liosban.

Camera wil take operating system's back to vista and further fyi. Such a great organisation, I happily pay the courier/post to get them to hq, so they dont go to dumps in china for familys to pick through and get radiation from.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

Buy a nice cake elsewhere, e.g. M&S and have the cake topper made and delivered https://www.edibleimages.ie/

I second this - have used them before and they have excellent customer service, I uploaded a few pictures and had some requests which they replied to straight away over email and I had the toppers in the post the next morning.

New laptop doesn't have a cd drive, but I have info on a cd that I need to access on a regular basis, where can I get an external cd/DVD reader(or the like) here?

Bredabe wrote: »
    New laptop doesn't have a cd drive, but I have info on a cd that I need to access on a regular basis, where can I get an external cd/DVD reader(or the like) here?

Can you not put the CD into a machine that does have a drive and copy the data to a pendrive or upload it to the Cloud?

Anyway, Argos do them HERE:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Anywhere I can bring my own balloons and they'll fill them with helium ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Anywhere I can bring my own balloons and they'll fill them with helium ??

Don't think any shops do that, but you can buy helium canisters in Argos or the Woodie's Partyzone and do it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Woodies Partyzone used to fill balloons for a fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Someone on Galway Freecycle is giving away 2 part-full bottles of helium
    https://groups.freecycle.org/group/GalwayIE/posts/63780808/Shed%20clearout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Looking for a C10 32GB MicroSD.

Anyone know where i'd get one in locally in town?

Need it by Friday for a cheapo camera (I have a 64GB but it will only take 32GB)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭testtech05

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Looking for a C10 32GB MicroSD.

Anyone know where i'd get one in locally in town?

Need it by Friday for a cheapo camera (I have a 64GB but it will only take 32GB)

Was actually in argos looking for one myself this eve. They have a class 10 32gb one there for 25e I think it was.

testtech05 wrote: »
    Was actually in argos looking for one myself this eve. They have a class 10 32gb one there for 25e I think it was.

Perfect thank you :)

testtech05 wrote: »

Don't suppose you'd be able to link to the C10? There's 2 32GB's on the Argos site atm but not mentioning which class they are.

Many thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭testtech05

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Don't suppose you'd be able to link to the C10? There's 2 32GB's on the Argos site atm but not mentioning which class they are.

Many thanks :)

http://www.argos.ie/ProductDisplayTRK019?partNumber=3792054
    Thats the one I bought, they also have this online exclusive.
    http://www.argos.ie/ProductDisplayTRK019?partNumber=2952297

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭skinny90

Does anyone know where I’d get a good quality genuine leather watch strap. I do not want a cheap one as is what I have seen in a few Galway places. Any recommendations ?

There's a watch place in Tesco shopping centre.

There are also many jewellers on shop street. They'd sort you out too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

skinny90 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I’d get a good quality genuine leather watch strap. I do not want a cheap one as is what I have seen in a few Galway places. Any recommendations ?
    I bought a reasonable one in Fallers recently for around €20.

I'm looking for a petrol station that sells gift vouchers preferably on the west side of city.

I always used to get them in Maxol Whitestrand, Lower Salthill but since the change of management I haven't been able to do so. They do them and keep telling me they'll have them if I call back in a day or two but I've called back twice now with no luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,070 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Applegreen on the Tuam Road.

Advertisement