Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

I'm looking for a white pants for a 4 year old boy. Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Advice on where to get best value printer/copier ink, please?
    Machine is fussy and will not accept generic inks, will be using a lot between now and easter, so need something affordable.

TIA

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Cannon, fine, MG3550

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

If you need the cartridges in a hurry, Ink Maestro : https://www.123ink.ie/Inkjet-Cartridges/Canon/search-by-printer-model/Pixma-series/Pixma-MG3550-p44660.html
    do the original Canon and their own branded cheaper version.
    The XL size works out much cheaper - €19.50 for the Canon XL, €17:50 for their own branded version, plus €3.95 courier charge.
    If you're not in a hurry, Wish.Com has 2 XL cartridges for €22.50, but these come from China and could take 3 - 5 weeks to arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Im looking for someone to fix my electric shower in Galway city west. The shower still works but it’s making a weird noise for the last week or so. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Check the shower head first.Screws with the back pressure when shower head blocked
    Mine was clogged with limescale, once cleaned out it worked a charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Indeed, unscrew head and see if that helps. Use white vinegar and soak showerhead overnight, it'll clear it right up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

What company do you use for cheaper taxi/hackney fares? I am 10 miles from Galway city and get fleeced going home from Christmas drinks. Is there any way to pre-book with a set price?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

Has anyone seen any of these re-useable silicone food covers, like these https://www.groupon.ie/deals/reusable-and-asjustable-lids

I know I can order them but do not have time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

What company do you use for cheaper taxi/hackney fares? I am 10 miles from Galway city and get fleeced going home from Christmas drinks. Is there any way to pre-book with a set price?

Procabs are excellent, sound drivers and good office staff. Don't give near Bigo, they're a disaster, a cursory look at their FB page tells you enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Not sure of name , but the taxi office beside the train station , down towards the Eyre square centre side... I always find them handy and cheap. And can sit inside whike you wait for a cab too

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

Procabs are excellent, sound drivers and good office staff. Don't give near Bigo, they're a disaster, a cursory look at their FB page tells you enough.
    Plus 1 for Procabs they have the rates on the wall so no rip off but would advise booking one as this time of year they will be very very busy

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭duedate

I'm looking for a book by Ronan Casey - title is Medium Size Town, Fairly Big Story, published c2014 - anyone know of a stockist in Galway please? Won't have it in time for Christmas if I order it online. Thanks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

duedate wrote: »
    I'm looking for a book by Ronan Casey - title is Medium Size Town, Fairly Big Story, published c2014 - anyone know of a stockist in Galway please? Won't have it in time for Christmas if I order it online. Thanks.

Charlie Byrnes would be my first stop, bell book and candle worth a shout too. If you are mobile kennys are close enough too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Kennys.ie have it in stock so you could go to liosban and ask have they got it in that warehouse or is it somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

Kopperberg Pear Cider, has anyone seen any around

• Registered Users Posts: 13,070 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Kennys and Dubray on Shop Street have websites which let you order a book to arrive at your local store. My advice would be to ask at the counter or ring them up to see can they get it in before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Any pubs in town that do pitchers??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Fibbers do some cheap beers in pitchers, now that you mention it they seem to have disappeared a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Oslo in Salthill do

• Registered Users Posts: 46 renmorenewbie

Where could I buy a paraffin lamp in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

hello all

Sky cannot send an engineer until 10th of december to fix satellite dish.Advised i get an engineer myself to fix. Anyone recommend someone in city to get sorted for christmas?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

kefir32 wrote: »
    hello all

Sky cannot send an engineer until 10th of december to fix satellite dish.Advised i get an engineer myself to fix. Anyone recommend someone in city to get sorted for christmas?

Thanks
    We had Pat Connaughton install our satellite dish. His number is always in the advertiser. He is a lovely man, did a great job and I would highly recommend him. Obviously I have no idea if he available before Christmas though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,356 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

kefir32 wrote: »
    hello all

Thanks

Almost a year??

There's a guy that advertises in the Advertiser every week. Don't know anything about him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

Almost a year??

There's a guy that advertises in the Advertiser every week. Don't know anything about him though.

:D:D:D:D

January 2018 rather, feels like a year though:D:D

Anyone know what time F&F in headford road shopping center is closing tom?
    Any ideas on what sort of covering will work on outdoor support rails?, atm, they are cold/wet to the touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Bredabe wrote: »
    Anyone know what time F&F in headford road shopping center is closing tom?

http://www.galwaysc.com/store-directory/tesco-non-food/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Anyone know where I could get a compression spring locally?

Looking for one about one inch long and about as thick as you would see in a biro but much stronger.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Anyone know where I could get a compression spring locally?

Looking for one about one inch long and about as thick as you would see in a biro but much stronger.

Tripart Tuam Road ?

Advertisement