Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Time Force

Options
  • 15-05-2014 4:26pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭

If you ask me, Capy are one of the most underrated developers out there. Sword and Sorcery EP, Critter Crunch and Might and Magic COH are all fantastic and inventive games.

Their new games is out right now. It involves time travel and twitchy platforming and, if the videos are anything to go by, sheer insanity.

Out now on 360 and One. Really looking forward to giving it a go!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Picked it up yesterday and meant to post about it, didn't really give it much of a go myself yet but Miss Calex is reporting good things (It must be good because last I checked it still wasn't my turn /grumble grumble) , sounds like the rethink they had around the mechanic paid off.

Worked out at just over €10 on a US live account vs 14.99 on the EU one.

Played up to the 1st boss, this get a stamp of approval from me anyway.

Playing the levels blind got a bit messy to say the least while I got the hang of it , replaying leads to a bit of planning of who to use and when.

When I saw the original trailers showing all the deaths it though it was going to be super meat boy rage but it's not at all because of the rewind, and even then the rewind isn't a cheap way to make it easier it literally is a time out while you think about what went wrong and what to do about it and with who.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played through the first batch and levels and the first medieval one, and enjoying it a whole load. Looking back at the replays is the highlight so far, absolutely ridiculous seeing what an unholy mess you caused without quite realising the scope of it!

Played through the first batch and levels and the first medieval one, and enjoying it a whole load. Looking back at the replays is the highlight so far, absolutely ridiculous seeing what an unholy mess you caused without quite realising the scope of it!

I was lulled in to a false sense of easyness by the early levels chose 199X as my second one on got destroyed, loved the mad max nod there though right at the start :pac:

The replay on the One .... not sure how it works on 360, One gives you a press Y to save and it makes you look like a hero , doesn't show the deaths or hud just the actual successful run so you have guys popping in and out and getting things done in one nice 90 second video you can save to upload , :cool: I'll post some of mine later :D

It's a tough one in that when sh!t goes wrong and you don't watch the clock how you can really jam yourself into a corner , and then start thinking should I rewind more or restart altogether, few times especially on the 1st boss I had 5 or 6 seconds on the clock and was spawn / rewinding (thats a thing now !!!! ) like mad to try and do uber damage on his last bit of health to beat the clock :D

Advertisement