Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

if in doubt,

Options
  • 15-05-2014 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

Well I am finally getting back into the swing of training and missed updating this thing, and since it was an absolute age since I last updated my first log; I feel its time for a fresh start.

Original log if interested

the last year and a half I did virtually nothing, the weight went up and fitness down.

So started back early this year just trying to get some fitness and get the body used to physical exercise again.

the main goals for this year.
    Shadow-man 1/2 - sub 5
    DCM - 3:05

Two simple goals. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Whoop whoop!! BM!!! ;) Welcome back! Good luck on the two simple goals. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

good man BM, will keep an eye on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

3.05....are we eyeing up a boston marathon?

Good to have you back training

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

I guess your on for a cycle sunday morning so:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Whoop whoop!! BM!!! ;) Welcome back! Good luck on the two simple goals. :)
    Thanks DD for the welcome
    Pmaldini wrote: »
    I guess your on for a cycle sunday morning so:)
    I will be out, at some stage will text ya tomorrow.
    catweazle wrote: »
    3.05....are we eyeing up a boston marathon?
    Good to have you back training
    Thanks CW, the 3:05 is not for Boston, but to be faster than the younger brother.

So I suppose some training is needed.

Monday
    Lunch time - 30min cct training with alot of core work,
    Missed the Worlds end swim (a great start I know); but I did manage a late run and was it lovely out,
    Simple 4K warm up, and then 3*3min hill reps, thanks to the local farmer who built a road up the hill
    http://www.strava.com/activities/140602576

Tuesday
    Easy lunch time run, didnt look at pace and just ran, felt I was pushing too much at times so backed off.
    http://www.strava.com/activities/140602568

Wednesday
    Lunch time - 30min cct training
    Evening: Turbo time, 2*20min 5min rec.
    The 20min was 2min @ 260w+ (approx 105%FTP) and 1min at 200w (80%)
    this was nice feeling ok but suffered near the end of both of them.
    http://www.strava.com/activities/141410746

• Advertisement

Thursday
    Took the rollers at the back and first outdoor turbo of the year :D
    Rode >85% FTP(~210w) for 45min,
    the spin was nice sitting looking out at the Silvermines in dream land, until I felt something weird, whats wrong with the wheels, then I noticed I was going across the garden, :o lost concentration and came off the rollers,
    At 45min off the bike and off for a 15min brick run, 3k @4:23 pace.

Friday
    lunch time run only had 30 min, so did 4*1k with 1min recovery trying to go sub 4min for each k, did that all reps in ~3:55

Evening swim
    still just drowning.

Saturday
    Plan get the grass cut then run; this was the plan until I actually went out and realized the garden was now a meadow. so 9 hours later the grass was cut (note to self do not leave it a month in between cuts again), I was sunburned and the better half suggested bringing the dogs and kids for a walk over in Clare glens so run canned.

Sunday
    Out to meet Pmaldini for an easy spin; feck me it was wet and cold out,
    Why is it in this country a nice day melds your brain to believe the following day will be as warm,
    The spin was grand feeling ok for most of it, great to have company.
    hands were numb getting home should not happen in May.

Total 96k ~3:30
    http://www.strava.com/activities/142978674

Afternoon
    My 11 year old decided to run a 10k, so off we went into Mungret, he was cacking himself lining up but once we started it was great.
    We decided to try and hang around the 60min group, but he slowly went past them maintaining a nice easy pace, around 3k I got him to take a short walk break, back to running around 4k in he got water at it upset his stomach. so the walk breaks got longer but we still motored on, Around the cresent we were passed by the 60min group and he wasnt happy, looking to break the hour.
    He struggled up by the Regional but once we got there we picked up the running again got over the line in 61:30; he was fecked but happy.
    already thinking of another one to break the hour,
    the next time I may actually get him to do some training for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

Good luck with the new log Bennyn swim tonight? Come over and say hello if your going. I will be the one in the blue seventy wetsuit with the beard and the white swim hat

Trig1 wrote: »
    Good luck with the new log Bennyn swim tonight? Come over and say hello if your going. I will be the one in the blue seventy wetsuit with the beard and the white swim hat

thanks Trig, unfortunately I cant make tonight. will be looking for Wednesday if interested.

BennyMul wrote: »
    thanks Trig, unfortunately I cant make tonight. will be looking for Wednesday if interested.
    Might be. Depending on time.

Sunday
    Out to meet Pmaldini for an easy spin; feck me it was wet and cold out,
    Why is it in this country a nice day melds your brain to believe the following day will be as warm,
    The spin was grand feeling ok for most of it, great to have company.
    hands were numb getting home should not happen in May.

Total 96k ~3:30
    http://www.strava.com/activities/142978674

Afternoon
    My 11 year old decided to run a 10k, so off we went into Mungret, he was cacking himself lining up but once we started it was great.
    We decided to try and hang around the 60min group, but he slowly went past them maintaining a nice easy pace, around 3k I got him to take a short walk break, back to running around 4k in he got water at it upset his stomach. so the walk breaks got longer but we still motored on, Around the cresent we were passed by the 60min group and he wasnt happy, looking to break the hour.
    He struggled up by the Regional but once we got there we picked up the running again got over the line in 61:30; he was fecked but happy.
    already thinking of another one to break the hour,
    the next time I may actually get him to do some training for it.

I'm still wet, I think the rain penetrated my bone marrow:D

well done to the wee man, good run for a 1st stab at 10k

• Advertisement

so where was I

Mon 19th
    Body feeling tired, so did some core work and called it quits for the day

Tuesday 20th
    Lunch time, easy run
    Dist 8.5
    time: 38.29

Evening: Lactate threshold session

2*10 min at FTP, 5min recovery, hit the numbers nicely felt I had one more in me

Wed 21st:
    Tempo run
    Not the bestest in the worldest,
    Started well, even if it was more 10k pace then tempo, but after 2/3 K got a biatch of a stitch and nothing I tried alleviated the pain, so pulled up to stretch it and got back to business
    total 9.5k 40min

Thurs 22nd:
    Missed lunch time run dam work getting in the way.
    evening did Downward spiral, trying to maintain 80% of FTP for the recovery sections
    felt good during this

Friday 23rd:
    Cct training at lunch time

Evening my weekly visit to the pool,

Sat 24th:
    MLR, finished with 3 hill reps
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/508129302
    total 16.6k
    1:20:ish

Sun 25th
    Handy Bike with Pmaldini, had to cut it short to bring the young lad to Gaa training.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/508129342

Mon 26th
    Cct training to work on core
    Evening 4.5k recovery very easy run with the kid.

Tues 27th:
    Evening: Lactate threshold session

3*10 min at FTP, 5min recovery feeling ok actually feeling happy with it

Wed 28th:
    Tempo run, same as last week fecking stitch at least this week it was a tad bit further into the session
    11k in 52min

Thurs 29th:
    Lunch time easy run
    8k 39min

Evening
    5*4min @ 110+FTP 4min rec,
    another happy session,

Fri 30th:
    Cct training
    Evening Swim.

Sat 31st
    planned to get up early, never set the alarm working on the assumption if I wake up I run if not Im tired.
    didnt wake up
    Headed up to Carlow for the weekend,
    Got in an evening run a nice handy 11k /52min
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/512973354

Sunday 1st june
    A nice handy spin on my own.
    Not overly happy with the numbers at the end of the spin.
    Avg power 173 nor 196
    I was hoping to have these higher,
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/512973369

Mon 2nd
    Another nice spin;
    Tried to push the power through this, every time I looked at the pm it was where I wanted to be but alas not when I uploaded it :mad:
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/512973380
    Avg Pwr 173 Nor 193

Need to really sort this out for the 1/2IM aiming to average 220 for the bike leg

Tues 3rd
    Broke a filling over the weekend and my mouth was in a bits so not in the humor to train

Wed 4th
    Planned dentist visit cancelled :confused: he was not available.

So tempo run at lunch time,
    Feeling ok better than the last 2 weeks

Met Pmaldini for my first outing in the open water, took some pain killers to numb the jaw and hope the cold water does not drive it mad.
    I should have stayed on dry land my swimming is brutal, I actually reckon I swam further as I was all over the place.

Nice swim in the end approx 2k.

Hope you get that tooth sorted soon!!!!

So tempo run at lunch time,
    Feeling ok better than the last 2 weeks

stop pacing that other lad around as well, the one you were with yesterday:). that fella would draft the front door on the way out, he'd have you do the training for him if he could

bit of a HotW rivalry going on there, need to make sure i beat him home.

a bit of training since the last log, too far back to remember.

One race, Got a mtb bike on the bike to work scheme a few days before the European Marathon bike thingie in BallyHaura so entered,

wow did I really underestimate this event,
    Asked how long it would take, 75K estimate 3.5hours,
    So lined up at the start line with enough food for 3 hours, 2 bottles and not having ridden the bike before,
    Started at the back to get a feel for the bike before it hit the single trails, this was fine on the wide tracks I was moving up he field, turned left into single trail and changed to the granny gear and bang chain off, so pulled into a ditch to sort it and not hold up folk behind me, took what felt like an age waiting for a gap to jump back in.
    Got in and got going again, getting brave I was riding hard trying to get back to where I was.
    Turned a sharp hairpin over cooked it and bang, shouldered a tree, I didn't win that one.
    Got back going again the next while was just fun in a weird way, while pushing the bike up one of the climbs, mistake 2,3,4 (not sure) runners are not ideal for this, my feet were slipping all over the place no grip.
    Finally got going and legs feeling ok, making up places on the wide roads, drop a few on single trail, getting brave again when crash no 2 happened, over the bars on a very rocky stretch and land on my knees and hands, ouch that hurt.
    3 hours in and It dawns on me I don't really have enough food so start to only eat half of whats left to drag it out,
    Around this time I also hear of the time limit so pushed on to make sure I could actually finish this thing.
    Got to the final loop and was struggling unable to hold the bars (should wear gloves) any single trail I was practically stopped as I struggled to use the breaks and hold on,
    Finally inside the last K and there was a nice mucky drop with a few spectators so machoness kicked in and I would let it rip and then the front wheel gave way and down for crash 3.
    got around in 5:50 happy but p1ssed off.

0 mountain biking is not a good prep
    a new bike never be ridden is not good prep
    and many many more boo boos.

Got up the sunday morning for a run and was not able to walk with swelling in the knees.

The following week spent in Tilburg with work.
    so 4 nice runs, some really nice beer and lovely food.
    and got to witness the Dutch go mental for the football.
    One full street closed at 5pm for this big screens loads of drink and no trouble at all.

while in the hotel, I asked if there was a pool to swim,
    Yes, there is one down stairs but its a naked pool,
    Me, still tired from the 3am alarm (what the fook is a naked pool)
    not sure how long it took for the penny to drop but it did,
    So feck it I need a swim so planned to swim in the naked pool
    but the opening hours were fecked up and only from 2pm to 7pm
    and I was not back from the office, so no swimming.

Got home Friday night,
    No training Saturday spent it with the kids

Sunday out on the bike for planned 8*15min half i/m pace 5min recovery.
    plan was 90% FTP. the first 5 were spot on, the last 3 upped the effort to slightly under oly pace.
    happy with this feeling ok and comfortable during it.
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/528166736

Monday finished building up the TT bike for HOTW,
    Tuesday did 3*10min sweet spot 8 min recovery
    first time in the TT position and held the power nicely during this, it was not comfortable and not a natural feeling,

Wednesday: lunch time tempo run
    Legs felt like crap for the first k, but slowly got into it and felt better as it went on hitting some nice pace.
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/528196442

Evening: very late when I got time to ride so threw the TT on the rollers to get comfortable and fell more times that I have in the last year, could not get into position the bike felt too frisky at the front,

So I have HOTW this weekend and not looking forward to it,
    parts of my fitness feel ok, the swim will be a joke and if the water is ruff it will be very difficult,

So I have HOTW this weekend and not looking forward to it,
    parts of my fitness feel ok, the swim will be a joke and if the water is ruff it will be very difficult,

don't worry about that, I've arranged for calm seas.

mossym wrote: »
    don't worry about that, I've arranged for calm seas.

sweet thanks,:D

Thursday 26th:
    planning an evening spoin Had to bring the young fella to a Gaa match, and didnt start on time, so was 8:40 when I got on the road, plan was to simply ride the TT bike and see how it feels on the road.

I have a feeling my position is wrong, my front end is too low, I may need to raise the bars by 1/2 cm, and saddle a tad too high.

But the spin was fine, as the spin went on I felt more comfortable with speed and corners and general handling (should have built it up weeks ago:mad:),
    as the roads were very wet and you could see oil patches I didn't push it in the corners, which I would have liked to do to see how it and I responded.
    Will know tomorrow I suppose.

Distance 30.8k
    Time 63min
    Avg Pwr 194
    Nor pwr 215

Kilkee Hell of the west:

First time actually getting to the race (3rd time entering)
    and my first Olympic distance race

Arrived in Kilkee nice and early parked up, registered and was nervously looking for something to do, take my mind off the race, and got chatting to fella beside me, after a few moments noticed the Analogue Top so asked was it Trig, and yep small world.
    So getting everything ready and sh1t no garmin left it at home, how would I pace will it count if its not on Strava, Garmin connect

but Finally got the bike setup and took it for a spin and it felt wrong or my legs were dead, looked down and the back wheel slipped and was rubbing the frame.:(

sorted this and made sure the quick release was tight, headed down racked the bike and met Pmaldini, Mossym and had a good chat. before long we were in the water waiting.
    Thanks Mossym for the calm see much appropriated

The plan here was simply not to drown, if I could go under 35min I would be a happy bunny.
    So started at the back so I would not get in the way of swimmers, still the first few hundred meters were mad, finally got going and was holding my own with the group around me and slowly moving up. I kept pushing it trying to hold my own and was contiguously waiting to die.
    Turned the last corner and looked ahead and could see the beech so nearly there started to push it more looked again and could see the front running up the beech. Finally I was there running up the beech,

actual time 28:37 (happy with that)

T1 a joke the swim hard me disorientated struggled to get the wetsuit off, fingers were fumbling to get the number on.
    finally on the bike
    T1: 2:21

The bike, this was where I hoped to do something,
    So the good | bad thing about doing a slow swim is there is bodies in front to pick off but so much road traffic I was slowing down to get past them, got to the top of the first hill, and finally had some open road so settled in and started to ride, kept trying to take a drink but the amount of salt water I drank made it a tad dodgy, wasn't until about 15k in before I could actually drink and keep it down,
    At the second turn, the first rider to pass me, went past like a man possessed
    grand I sat up stopped peddling so I would not be drafting and the gap did not open, wtf so stayed free wheeling and still no gap.
    So fook this I moved out and started to ride again and went past him,
    I just kept my head down and focused on riding and he passes again, so I sit up again.
    In to the second shard right hand corner and he took it too fast and over shot it, looked to make sure he was ok (he was) I kept going.

A few minutes later another one passes my; fully kitted out disc wheel everything (same club and the guy ^^), I again sit up and let him up the road. after a minute of gentle pushing on the peddles I had to go past him,

Got past him and now the pace groups were all over the place,
    heard a call for on the right, I look behind and there were the two who past me and a third from the same club riding in pace,
    I sat back again not getting involved and they pick up a fourth from the same club, (really this is a joke)

Finally they open a gap and I can start to ride again, and then see kilkee drove it down the hill and in to T2,
    Took my feet out of the shoes and getting ready to dismount and I peddled and my shoes got stuck between the ground and the peddle, and the bike jumped I nearly came down, that would have been embarrassing.

the steward told me to forget the shoe and he would pick it up, so in to T2

Bike 1:17:43
    Not happy with this time, (lost time with the 3 tools and drafting, my position is too low at the front no power on the drags, all excuses I know but still)

T2 00:51

Run
    Started the run and stomach felt odd, a kind of empty feeling and fook me the legs were dead. not sore just dead nothing.
    Headed up the first climb and shoe lace opens, yeah a break tied it and got back going, most of the run was a haze all I remember on the way out was how long to the turn and never seemed to come, turned one corner and could see in the distance what I assumed was the turn and that was it, but alas was only the water station, really at this point I complicated walking,
    Past both Trig1 then Mossym said hi (I think) and finally got to the turn around,
    At this point I nearly cried how can you climb for 5k and at the turn around going back and still be climbing
    I tried to pick up the pace on the way back and nothing,
    Finally got to the last downhill could see the town crossed the finish line and was completely fooked
    finish time 2:35:09.

Met Pmaldini went to the water to soak the legs and chat, no sign of Trig or Mossym

happy enough for my 4th tri but still not happy, there was a lot of time left out there, next year :P

the lad that was talking to you and me after the race said to me later on that he was hoping you didn't recognise him as he says you were roaring at him for drafting, i said to him why the fook didn't you pull back and he said "ahh sure everyone was drafting" couldn't believe my ears, i told him he was a cheat and he just laughed it off and said again, "everyone was doing it" i fooken wasn't, look at my fooken bike split

I was talking to a lad in here today, who openly admitted to drafting so he could get a better bike split.
    and he was upset when he let the wheel go.

• Advertisement

I was talking to a lad in here today, who openly admitted to drafting so he could get a better bike split.
    and he was upset when he let the wheel go.

we've a mutual acquaintance (could be him) who'd admit to the same. sees no shame in it. alls fair in his race

Well Done Benny, great result off minimum training!! was nice to meet you!

Well Done Benny, great result off minimum training!! was nice to meet you!

aye, it was a great result. What does the rest of the season hold now?

Hi BM!! :D You did a great job out there! Frustrating for sure regarding all you noted about the bike - drafting, low position at the front, etc. - but as you point out, there is much room to shave some time. Well done you !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Well done Saturday Benny, pity I didn't bump into you at some stage.

Had to laugh when I read the bit in your report about the run going up hill, then turning and still going up hill. I remember doing that run 2 years ago and feeling the exact same :D

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Hi BM!! :D You did a great job out there! Frustrating for sure regarding all you noted about the bike - drafting, low position at the front, etc. - but as you point out, there is much room to shave some time. Well done you !! :)
    hey DD thanks but all excuses :D; next time
    Solobally8 wrote: »
    Well done Saturday Benny, pity I didn't bump into you at some stage.
    Had to laugh when I read the bit in your report about the run going up hill, then turning and still going up hill. I remember doing that run 2 years ago and feeling the exact same :D
    yeah would have been nice to meet up.
    and a fecker of a hill all right
    mossym wrote: »
    aye, it was a great result. What does the rest of the season hold now?
    Had planned to do the shadowman half, but have to go to Penang that weekend for work, so mailed the lost sheep and looking for a cancellation and see if I can do that one.

So took two days off after HoTW.

Tuesday 1st
    Simple 8k easy run to loosen the legs out

Wed
    40min Tempo run, legs still tired but stuck it out.
    evening brought the young lad for a 10K spin,

Thurs:
    Commute to work nice and easy
    Lunch time easy 8krun
    Evening Spin home
    plan was meant to be a BG session so rode home 53x12 feeling good on the bike
    avg cad 62
    Pow 229, NP 244;
    the NP slightly greater than what I was using as FTP so happy but a retest is on the cards now :(
    but anyway straight off the bike down to GAA training for an hour and then in to Basketball for another hour was 2.5 hours later that I got some proper food into me not good recovery.

Friday
    cycled in to work again and felt everything from yesterday in the legs

Met the family and brought the young lad for an easy swim
    total 1.2 k easy.

Saturday
    day off, didnt want it but the kids wanted to go to a 4th July party in the Peoples park so one day wont hurt.

Sunday
    plan was 5*20min Z3 5min recovery
    so got the first 3 done no problems and feeling greedy so the last 2 upped it to 30min,
    All felt good, happy with this :D

Power/NP
    1: 225/229
    2: 230/238
    3: 230/238
    4: 221/227
    5: 229/239

Monday
    30min core work and nothing else

Tuesday
    Easy lunch time run 8k

Evening
    Plan was 3x3 incrementing power (85,90,95 %FTP) 1min recovery
    this felt good and added a 4th which was approx 10w > FTP

Wed.
    Easy swim 2k,

Lunch time
    Tempo run, felt a tad sluggish and kept going to the "next corner | finish the K" but go there
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/541321455

Thursday
    Missed my lunch time run

Evening
    Had the cobbled stage of the tour recorded, so brought the young lad to the GAA match,
    late getting out of there (why cant they just leave when its over, all this hanging around and talking - do they not know we have to suffer)
    but anyway
    plan 4*10bg 5min rec
    stuck a lump of wood under the front wheel to elevate it more,
    and just grinded my way through it no problems
    was very late at the end but felt like I had one more 10min in the legs

Friday
    30min Core work
    easy 6k run
    and a very easy 40min in the evening spinning the legs watching the tour.

Saturday:
    Cycle to Carlow, with ruck sack
    plan was 4*30min Z3
    as I had a longer spin today and it was not going to be a problem getting the efforts in I had a slightly longer WU, felt the Thursday night session in the legs still
    Got settled into the first one and was fine, lost some average power navigating through Tipp town, cars, traffic lights etc.
    the next 3 was non eventful just sitting there mentally trying to keep the rpms >85 (naturally it falls to 75-80)
    Finally all done and dusted as I hit Kilkenny so said feck it and tried a fifth
    This one was not as pretty,
    Power way down started to feel the effort,

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/541321469

Power/NP
    1: 211/223
    2: 227/233
    3: 224/226
    4: 214/224
    5: 202/207

This spin did leave me slightly tired, not sure of it was lack of miles, a hard week work or bad fueling.

Went to bed around 11 with the plan to getup early and get a 90min run in, this did not happen slept for 12ish hours; the body was tired and felt light headed any time I stood up too quickly for the rest of the day so took another recovery day.

Ahhhh here! you slept for 12 fooken hours!!:eek: I am sending my kids over to yours for the next few weeks to sort that problem for you:D

by the way, nice cycling going on there Mr Mull..

Did you get into the Lost Sheep?

Did you get into the Lost Sheep?

Not yet on the waiting list hope some poor unfortunate cant do it.

Monday 14th:
    30min cct training working on core

followed by a handy 6k run no watch\time just ran and felt slow and heavy

Tuesday 15th:
    Easy Lunch time run 9k / 45min feeling sluggish

Evening
    3*10min Z4 (10); took out the TT for this need to really get my position on it, but anyway felt ok power now quite exactly where I wanted it but close.
    249/248/252.

Wednesday 16th:
    Missed the lunch time run work getting in the way of life.

Evening on the TT agian for a BG session
    2*15min (5)
    this was tuff the heat on the turbo made it very uncomfortable.
    average cad for both 43/42.
    me to look at the news.
    and I have Malaysia airlines aswell :( (one lost and one shot down could be an interesting trip)

Got to do nothing that evening, GAA match and by the time I got home was not in the humor to do anything so left it.

Friday
    Lunch time run
    40ish min Tempo session
    aiming for 4:20pace which was close but as the run went on the heat got to me and I suffered alot.
    Total 13.6k
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/544031371

Saturday
    Plan was 3*40min Z3, and this was what I did, but the last one I added on 10min
    feeling ok not as good as a few weeks ago, a little over cooked.
    avg/np
    223/229
    224/234
    220/226
    need to look at food during the spin, didn't have breakie leaving and only a single banana while out, not sure if it affected the training for the last one but I was wrecked that night,

Sunday
    a simple fun 20k mountain biking with the family in BallyH. no pressure at all (for me anyway ;))

• Advertisement

Tuesday 22nd
    Plan was a simple 2*20min at est new FTP (I will have to get off my arse and do a proper one to validate the numbers)
    based on holding 233np for 1:20 I recokon FTP to be close to 260,

So the 20min at 90-95% or 234-247
    the effort came in 234 and 231, not sure if it was just the heat on the turbo but not a nice effort or the est FTP is too high.

Wednesday 23rd:
    simple easy commute to work ~30k
    on the way home big BG work,
    total 1:20
    RPM 60
    power 220\np232

Thursday 24th
    easy 2k swim and an easy 10k run

Friday 25th:
    plan 4*12min (2) Tempo
    this was hard the heat almost melted me and I got slower as the session went on, did I suffer

Rep 1 4:17
    2 4:44
    3 4:31
    4 4:50

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/549090275

Saturday 26th:
    missed the chance to train. not happy

Sunday 27th:
    Plan short bike; short run
    didnt work out

Pick a route with two long easy drags, the effort was easier than 1/2 im pace
    and found myself getting bored in places.
    total 88k
    3 hours
    Power 180/206np

The values a tad bit off as I had came across a few roads which were partially washed away with the rain and I had to walk through the barriers
    (and only watched the episode of Farter Ted where they had to bring in the roads because of the storm)

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/551859912

Monday 28th
    Not sure what my 1/2M pace is I set off to see if I could find it.
    so ran not looking at the watch and run at an uncomfortable pace I felt I could hold,
    I picked a road the had a few drags,
    avg for 19k 4:30 pace
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/551859873

Tuesday 29th
    easy peasy lemon squezy spin
    46k just spinning the legs

Wednesday 30th
    Plan was to join Pmaldini for long spin and get a nice run off it.
    so I was getting a delivery early in the morning, this turned out to be afternoon, then around 5:30, aghh Im running late 6:30 and I will be there, finally 8pm he finally turned up (insert many expletives here)

so plan scuppered and could not give a fcuk about training.
    finally got on the tubro and watch the recording of the junior tour (great racing and some real prospects for the pro ranks)
    Simple 50min spinning
    then out the door for a 8k run
    Ran at a what felt comfortable pace,
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/553633409

Advertisement