Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deise Greenway. Cycle path. Waterford City to Dungarvan.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

beazee wrote: »
    I feel the need to cycle to Durrow only for the sake of taking the photo of the actual signs posted on every other tree saying:
    1) Keep LEFT,
    2) Don't RUBBISH,
    3) [something else]

And here it is:

kY5Bzpz.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

wtf did I see on the Greenway yesterday? I was down on the beach at Clonea and what I thought I saw was like a 4x4 made up to look like a train pulling 2 trailers looking like train carriages?

Also heard a rumour about Segway hire and found this youtube video

and link to the company hiring them https://hirebot.ie/how-to-use-segway/

So 4x4's and Segways are grand on the Greenway :confused:

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

This is what you saw on the Greenway, personally I think it's a great idea every now and again.

https://www.facebook.com/WaterfordGreenway/posts/1868631173455317

Aquos76 wrote: »
    This is what you saw on the Greenway, personally I think it's a great idea every now and again.

https://www.facebook.com/WaterfordGreenway/posts/1868631173455317

Yep that was it but the "engine" looked more like a 4x4.

tbh while I think its a good idea I also think its the thin end of the wedge because of the Irish attitude that if they can get away with it so can we.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Will be interesting to see what happens if you get caught in the tunnel and thats coming through as well

• Advertisement

spookwoman wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see what happens if you get caught in the tunnel and thats coming through as well

In their defense it was being run on a weekday when the kids were back at school and traffic on the Greenway relatively light.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

my3cents wrote: »
    Yep that was it but the "engine" looked more like a 4x4.

tbh while I think its a good idea I also think its the thin end of the wedge because of the Irish attitude that if they can get away with it so can we.

But it was an official arrangement. If they just put it on and chanced their arm, they wouldn't be getting away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Anyone know the story with the walls some guy is building outside of mount congreve?,ive been watching over the last couple of months and while they are impressive and look great i dont think the council will be leaving them there..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Anyone know the story with the walls some guy is building outside of mount congreve?,ive been watching over the last couple of months and while they are impressive and look great i dont think the council will be leaving them there..

Is it platform for train to stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

You mean the embankment?
    Stone and clay seating area on the Mt. Congreve side of the Greenway?

I thought he had the contract. Maybe not?
    Never questioned him though!

• Advertisement

beazee wrote: »
    You mean the embankment?
    Stone and clay seating area on the Mt. Congreve side of the Greenway?

I thought he had the contract. Maybe not?
    Never questioned him though!

Yeah its a seating area kind of,no he definitely doesn't have permission to do it he's out there most evenings i had a chat with him one day but never asked why he was building them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Yeah its a seating area kind of,no he definitely doesn't have permission to do it he's out there most evenings i had a chat with him one day but never asked why he was building them..

Hes just doing it off his own back. No contracts think he just wanted to do something for seating.I thought he had permission though

debok wrote: »
    Hes just doing it off his own back. No contracts think he just wanted to do something for seating.I thought he had permission though

Yeah ive seen him there with his elderly parents i think he built them a seating area when out walking,i doubt he has permission but i could be wrong hes just out there doing his own thing id imagine he would need insurance planning permission etc ?

Yeah ive seen him there with his elderly parents i think he built them a seating area when out walking,i doubt he has permission but i could be wrong hes just out there doing his own thing id imagine he would need insurance planning permission etc ?

Your probably right .nowadays hard to do anything with out all of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Wonder what's going to be done with that Bilberry section of road. Those temporary traffic lights must be there for at least 6 months now and nothing happening.

Cortecs wrote: »
    Wonder what's going to be done with that Bilberry section of road. Those temporary traffic lights must be there for at least 6 months now and nothing happening.

http://irishcycle.com/2017/10/22/waterford-greenway-to-city-quays-link-opens/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭spookwoman

wonder the one way system with lights was given the go head especially with people who live up that end and cross the bright in the mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

spookwoman wrote: »
    wonder the one way system with lights was given the go head especially with people who live up that end and cross the bright in the mornings

AFAIK some of them were the ones that gave out stink when the council wanted to make it fully one way. What's there at the moment is way worse than just having it completely one way.

I disagree to be honest and I know residents in the area who aren’t overly pleased with the current setup however they much prefer it to the road actually been one way totally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

I disagree to be honest and I know residents in the area who aren’t overly pleased with the current setup however they much prefer it to the road actually been one way totally.

The residents that i know there at the moment think the current set up is a disaster. I agree with them.

• Advertisement

Deiseen wrote: »
    The residents that i know there at the moment think the current set up is a disaster. I agree with them.

Out of interest, why do you think it’s a disaster, are you telling me that if you lived in Bilberry, (maybe you do, I don’t know you by the way) you would prefer to go up summer hill, up Gracedieu, and then back down around Coadys hill to get back to Bilberry rather than wait a maximum of 2.5 mins at a set of lights?

I must time those lights....I think they take a lot longer than 2.5 mins....

Cortecs wrote: »
    I must time those lights....I think they take a lot longer than 2.5 mins....

I remember checking them a couple of weeks ago, we were walking/cycling the Greenway 3 times a week up to last month, and it was 30 seconds green and 2:45 on red as far as I remember. It does seem a lot longer when you are stuck there alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

Yeh fine gael or fianna fail would never introduce a stupid tax.!!!!
    but seriously its a stupid proposal from any councilor regardless of the party. Everything that goes well in this country suddenly becomes taxable. I know it cost alot to build but Surely its bringing enough people into the areas that it pays for itself in other ways rather than just putting direct 5 euro tax on car parks.

I remember checking them a couple of weeks ago, we were walking/cycling the Greenway 3 times a week up to last month, and it was 30 seconds green and 2:45 on red as far as I remember. It does seem a lot longer when you are stuck there alright.

Yeah, maybe it just feels longer. Actually, I've seen an odd eejit jumping the lights. Pretty dangerous thing to do.

I go that way most days and the lights are so quick (yes less than 3 minutes) that it barely makes a difference and definitely faster than the other way.

I've also seen people cut the lights there, especially late at night and usually at speed. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

debok wrote: »
    Yeh fine gael or fianna fail would never introduce a stupid tax.!!!!
    but seriously its a stupid proposal from any councilor regardless of the party. Everything that goes well in this country suddenly becomes taxable. I know it cost alot to build but Surely its bringing enough people into the areas that it pays for itself in other ways rather than just putting direct 5 euro tax on car parks.
    It's not a tax, it's a local charge. What's so daft about charging for parking? Land isn't free and neither is the maintenance of it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

It's not a tax, it's a local charge. What's so daft about charging for parking? Land isn't free and neither is the maintenance of it.

Most of the car parks are in rural enough areas, charging for parking will encourage illegal and dangerous parking and because the car parks are in rural enough areas the illegal parking won't be properly policed.

Suggesting charging for parking is simply trying to gouge people for money, we want to encourage people to use the greenway by making it as accessible as we can... Not putting people off by charging people.

What's next, they put up entry gates and charge per entry.? Can also charge for parking to visit the comraghs too sure.

Idiotic idea.

• Advertisement

Why use the car parks? Just park on the narrow roads. I don't see the council paying for miles of double yellow lines in rural areas.

Advertisement