Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Sketchers Go Run in Ireland

Options
  • 15-05-2014 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Anyone know who stocks Sketchers Go Runs in Ireland? Tried a pair recently in London and liked the feel of them but didn't have my size (11.5). Could order them online from Sketchers UK site but would prefer to try on the correct size first as I've never had a pair of Sketchers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Brewski78

Not sure where you're based but there's loads of Skechers stores in Dublin (Liffey Valley, Tallaght, Blanch) and at least one in Cork (Mahon point) and all stock the GoRun. Have 3 pairs myself and love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mak78

Cheers. Wicklow - so normally head for Dundrum. Must broaden my shopping centre experiences ...

Do you use the Go Run or Go Run Ride? Considering the Rides as they have the insert that gives option of 8mm or 4mm drop.

2 pairs of the GoRun and 1 pair of the GoRun Meb (think that's what they're called anyway). Have slowly transitioned down from once wearing Asics Kayanos which I just presumed I needed since they were expensive to the more minimalist end of market, having gotten gait analysis after shin splints probelms. I built up the mileage slowly in the GoRuns and initially used on grass only as they can take a bit of getting used to.

Have no experience of the Rides but I know Triathlon Plus gave great ratings for both the GoRun2 and recently for the GoRun Ultra (can't post the link but see triradar.com and running gear for review) which would also give you the option of 8mm/4mm drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I got a pair of Go Run Ultras about 6 weeks ago and have worn them for maybe 100 miles. While they are nice and cushioned, the outsole rubber is very soft and some of the logs (which were about 8mm deep) are completely worn down. Not sure I'd buy another pair purley based on that.

I have a pair of the go run 2's. Have done maybe 200 miles in them and they are still wearing well. like the guide, you can take out the insole if you want more roadfeel but I leave it in. They are light and cushioned but may not be suitable for a lot of people over 1/2 marathon distance. you could do a marathon in them if you are a light and efficient runner but it's not a racing shoe as the sole is not stiff enough for real racing. the go run ride you most people could run up to marathon distance in with the extra cushion. I like the light weight of the go run for short tempo type runs. Sizing wise I found the go run to be fine in the normal shoe size that I take. you could maybe even go down a 1/2 size but they don't feel big in the same size as I normal take shoes in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

glasso wrote: »
    I have a pair of the go run 2's. Have done maybe 200 miles in them and they are still wearing well. like the guide, you can take out the insole if you want more roadfeel but I leave it in. They are light and cushioned but may not be suitable for a lot of people over 1/2 marathon distance. you could do a marathon in them if you are a light and efficient runner but it's not a racing shoe as the sole is not stiff enough for real racing. the go run ride you most people could run up to marathon distance in with the extra cushion. I like the light weight of the go run for short tempo type runs. Sizing wise I found the go run to be fine in the normal shoe size that I take. you could maybe even go down a 1/2 size but they don't feel big in the same size as I normal take shoes in.

I got the Go-Run 2s in the Boston expo and ran the marathon in them 2 days later. No problems at all with the shoes and I am not the lightest runner :p.

Really like the shoe, nice and light (180gm or 6oz) but plenty of cusihioning and nice and wide fitting.
    I read here there is a skechers shop in Tallaght, can i buy another pair there?

Haven't been to the Tallaght store, just googled it and it's in the Square, presume they'd stock the GoRun 2 as well.

Brewski78 wrote: »
    Haven't been to the Tallaght store, just googled it and it's in the Square, presume they'd stock the GoRun 2 as well.

the go run 3 is out now - that's what would be probably on sale there. changes not huge - some changes to the upper akaik. what price are these in the shops in Ireland?

Seems to be slight variations in price depending on the exact model (GoRun2/3, Ultra, Ride) but they're in the range of €80-€100 I think. I've seen older GoRun models on sale sometimes in Cork for €60/€65 but limited stock and not always there.

I bought my pair on ebay for about €60 delivered I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement