Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nautilus Lifeline in Ireland

• 15-05-2014 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Anyone buy and register one of these in Ireland? I am thinking about it but I would love to hear that someone did it successfully before me. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29 raouls

I believe Aboveboard (in Dun Laoghaire) were looking at stocking / being the Irish dealer for these, may well be worth giving them a call.

www(dot)aboveboard(dot)ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NautilusTerry

As the Manufacturer I am happy to say that we are looking for Dealers in Ireland. There have been purchases of the Nautilus LifeLine from the UK and Amazon.co .uk that are registered in Ireland and MMSI numbers can be obtained from Ofcom in the UK.

Anyone purchasing a VHF Handheld radio should check with their local authorities regarding any restrictions or licensing requirements prior to making a purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭BoredNaMoaner

Thanks for the information! So, apply to Ofcom for the MMSI. If I want to use VHF voice functions in Ireland I guess I need to obtain a Short Range Certificate in VHF for Ireland. Can anyone confirm this is the way to use this unit? Thanks.

Advertisement