Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Not as cool as Vaas though!

Vaas was a great villain but in fairness, Pagan could of been better if he was given any screentime. Apart from the few times Pagan calls you on the phone, he only
    appears 3 times
    during the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Venom wrote: »
    Vaas was a great villain but in fairness, Pagan could of been better if he was given any screentime. Apart from the few times Pagan calls you on the phone, he only
    appears 3 times
    during the game.

That is true. It seems the far cries are more of an open world side mission simulator than full fledged story driven games. Not that there is anything wrong with that as I have already spent 50 or so hours on fc4 and more on fc3 :) Didn't spend so much time on the first two though. I hope there is some awesome DLC for fc4 like blood dragon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just started this tonight and already I have the feeling I've played this game before, really struggling to get into it or care whats going on :(

I'm not sure what they could have done to make it feel fresher but what they did or didn't do isn't it.

If this was my 1st time to the Far Cry party I'd be like the "kid in the candy shop" but i feel like the kids who's on his 4th trip and ate all the sweets and is getting pumped out in A&E :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've played it for about 5 hours today and it's only now that I'm about to do another campaign mission!

Spend way too much time picking everything up! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

calex71 wrote: »
    Just started this tonight and already I have the feeling I've played this game before, really struggling to get into it or care whats going on :(

Give it time soon you be taking outposts (which imo is the best part of the game) with 5 or 6 arrows.

If your struggling to get into it, take on a fortress they really as a piece of piss but great fun.

Is it me or in Coop do enemies not die as easily? Did a coop mission earlier and headshots with the AMR didnt kill and same with grenade launcher? game was very laggy

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Give it time soon you be taking outposts (which imo is the best part of the game) with 5 or 6 arrows.

If your struggling to get into it, take on a fortress they really as a piece of piss but great fun.

Is it me or in Coop do enemies not die as easily? Did a coop mission earlier and headshots with the AMR didnt kill and same with grenade launcher? game was very laggy

Ah maybe you're right , co-op might liven things up a bit for me and bring something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

cleared out an outpost last night and game never registered it. Died nearby and checkpoint back to a full base!

sweetie wrote: »
    cleared out an outpost last night and game never registered it. Died nearby and checkpoint back to a full base!

I've had that and a few times when I finished playing for the night, so I stated to save and quit when I finish now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I killed an elephant with an RPG. I did not sleep well last night!:(!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I killed an elephant with an RPG. I did not sleep well last night!:(!

How could you... disgraceful :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Sorry if this has been mentioned before (I'm trying to keep out of this thread because of spoilers) but has anyone had any problem with the game automatically aiming down a gun sight after you interact with anything? It didn't happen when I first started playing, then I had about a week off of playing, and when I got back to it, it keeps happening. It's annoying as hell.

humanji wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before (I'm trying to keep out of this thread because of spoilers) but has anyone had any problem with the game automatically aiming down a gun sight after you interact with anything? It didn't happen when I first started playing, then I had about a week off of playing, and when I got back to it, it keeps happening. It's annoying as hell.

Cant say I have come across this issue myself. I have only played about 18 hours but never had the issue. Is it will the same weapon all the time by any chance? It could be related to a certain weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's with whatever weapon is on hand. Very strange. I may just wait to see if a new patch comes out at some point soon. I'm not sure if it's worth re-installing. It doesn't sound like much of a problem, but it's really distracting, especially when in a fire fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Not really feeling this game like I did with FC3, I tend to just come and go with it and haven't touched it in a few days. I don't care about the story like I didn't in the last one, I quite hated FC3's character that you played as but loved Vaas.

I do enjoy taking out the outposts and doing the hostage rescues, though it's a bit irritating scoping them out for then an animal to appear behind you and ruin everything.

Last time I was doing a hostage rescue sitting in the grass when a pack of dogs appeared behind and attacked me, I ran away so not to raise the alarm of the enemies when an eagle joined in and started mauling me while the dogs bit me arse. Amongst the confusion I wandered onto the road where an enemy jeep saw me and then proceeded to run me over.

Wasn't my finest GI Joe moment :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I've done the 1st "pick between the 2 leaders" mission, mission 8 or so.... um, I cannot see any further mani Story missions for love nor money on the map, what do you have to do to get the story missions to progress?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Cormac... wrote: »
    I've done the 1st "pick between the 2 leaders" mission, mission 8 or so.... um, I cannot see any further mani Story missions for love nor money on the map, what do you have to do to get the story missions to progress?

There should be an icon for the person you didn't choose e.g. if you chose Amita there will be an icon for Sabal. If not unlock some radio towers and look for any other logos, there should be one for Hurk and Longinus

Cormac... wrote: »

I'm not 100% if it's that or a later one but it wasn't marked as a letter it was more a yellow symbol, like a star and 2 knives or something.

Also you might have to do one of the L or B missions I think to progress.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I did the mission last night where
    where you have too kidnap your man and stuff him into the boot,very frustrating at first but when I realised you had to use your throwing knifves it was a lot of fun.

Unlocked the Harpoon gun last night. Can kill a rhino in 2 shots

Unlocked the Harpoon gun last night. Can kill a rhino in 2 shots

What did you have to do to unlock it?
    Rhinos are a right pain the the ass

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm not 100% if it's that or a later one but it wasn't marked as a letter it was more a yellow symbol, like a star and 2 knives or something.

Also you might have to do one of the L or B missions I think to progress.

the symbol of the golden path i presume.

Had an outpost attacked last night and was nearby so drove over and just mashed them all up without leaving the car!

And how vicious are those honey badgers!!

logik wrote: »

You do the 3rd Hurk mission which will be in North Kyrat which unlocks by doing campaign missions. The mission only takes 8 minutes and once completed it is under signature weapons in the weapon store

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

*Big Spoiler*

Is it possible to let Pagan live at the end sequence? and can you kill him before you place your mothers ashes when you point the gun at him?

also the opening level of the game. what part of the map is that? i was trying to find the place where the avalanche hit the outposts at the start but can't find it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Oversight, or for future DLC?

maybe everest but they should have made all the mountains climbable on all sides. The mountain I got up you can go fairly high before it says you're going out of bounds and you need to turn back. All they had to do make them all scalable and put and out of bounds on the other side of them so you couldn't go further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Spoiler tags for spoilers man...
    If I hadn't finished the game I would be currently putting a waypoint on your house and bringing my flamethrower with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

logik wrote: »

Z93 sniper rifle. 1 headshot kills everything. Rhinos, elephants, crocs, heavy gunners, the lot. It's way overpowered.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Z93 sniper rifle. 1 headshot kills everything. Rhinos, elephants, crocs, heavy gunners, the lot. It's way overpowered.

AMR is a stup above that one, in the signature list.

How do you buy attachments for the weapons? Would like a silencer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

anyone in here bought this on usa psn im debating if to go for it
    will the online work and will i get the codes to give to friends for the coop

iv never bought from the other psn before

can i play it on my normal irish account with the online keys for my friends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

sweetie wrote: »
    How do you buy attachments for the weapons? Would like a silencer.

There seems to be feck all attachments

The weapon unlocking/leveling/choice seems really messed up in this game.

They had it so right in 3, seems like they went with "more is more" for this one and messed up the natural progression.

About 10 hours in and I've already got a load out that is dealing serious damage in all scenarios. I got a Custom SMG and Pistol within about 2 hours FFS

Advertisement