Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

This is the first Far Cry I've ever played, thoroughly enjoying it, sank about 12+ hours into it yesterday alone on my first time playing. Trying it on hard, lost count of the amount of times I've been eaten by wild animals...no f**king honey badger should be able to take a face full of lead and come out of that fight with your leg!

Have to say though, the driving is absolutely atrocious...or maybe it's just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Gandalph wrote: »
    This is the first Far Cry I've ever played, thoroughly enjoying it, sank about 12+ hours into it yesterday alone on my first time playing. Trying it on hard, lost count of the amount of times I've been eaten by wild animals...no f**king honey badger should be able to take a face full of lead and come out of that fight with your leg!

Have to say though, the driving is absolutely atrocious...or maybe it's just me.

Driving is ok for me after many hours of borderlands, but would prefer if there was a 3rd person view for it, maybe the PC had a mod that does that ??? No good to me on xbox anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Gandalph wrote: »

Have to agree with this, I think the driving is brutal. Slight turn on the wheel and the car sometimes randomly does a 180...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It took a while to get used to the driving in Far Cry 3 but after a while I was flying round the place. I haven't driving much in this though because of the auto drive function, which I'm probably overusing. It's handy to get to the next objective.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Not finding this Far Cry as enjoyable as the last. I mentioned in a previous post, that as a personal preference, I really like the beach/tropical area of 3 better and certainly was not crazy on the mountainous area in 4.

I travel a lot in any Far Cry game on foot and even slight slopes are terrible to try and climb up and driving in any form of area with a gradient is a nightmare.

Oh and the animals being made of Kevlar. What the actual ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Horse84

Still haven't got my preorder code emailed to me from ubisoft. It's been well over a week since I emailed them on the code from Amazon. Anyone else having issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Finally picked this up today in Asda, and i'm loving it so far!

I popped on hard difficulty since i wanted a challenge and i also (to my surprise) was able to change the hud/indicators quite a bit.

I turned off the mini map,crosshairs and a few other stuff. It makes it unbelievable immersive and difficult not knowing where your enemies are. Pumping up the difficulty/changing hud also makes a lot of the guns seem less OP.

Also its absolutely beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've finished it, with a pretty high completion level, all side quests, thangkas, masks gotten.

Overall it didn't seem very satisfying and didn't fulfil its potential.

The main story, back ground and characters had a lot of promise. The story is a lot more personal given the characters family connections and history instead of the generic blank canvas fratboy of FC3.

But the main story content is tiny and swamped by all the surrounding content, making it seem anaemic. I probably spent longer and had more fun with the Yogi and Reggie missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Still trying to decide what game to get off Santy. Thought this one for sure as I loved Far Cry 3 (not so much Blood Dragon) and the idea of taking back strongholds again with a bow and arrow is very tempting but the mixed reviews are offputting. Some say they loved FC 3 and love this, others loved FC 3 but not this, all very confusing. I spose there's not much competition out anyway, it's either this, The Crew or.....Unity :pac:. I spose I can always trade it down the line. Guess that's decided, Far Cry 4 it is then.

I feel like I'm in fast forward since watching that Zero Punctuation review Corcaigh posted :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I haven't picked this up yet on PS4 (I probably will at xmas) how does it compare to farcry3? which I loved by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

It's very similar to FC3, probably too similar, to the point that I called them lazy bastards many times during the playthrough but don't let it put you off a very good game. If you enjoyed FC3 you will almost certainly enjoy this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Good stuff I had heard its very similar to FC3 but I loved that so its all good. I heard the setting isn't quite as interesting though.

Looking forward to playing it - just have to get my last trophy for shadow of mordor

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

It's very similar to FC3, probably too similar, to the point that I called them lazy bastards many times during the playthrough but don't let it put you off a very good game. If you enjoyed FC3 you will almost certainly enjoy this.

Would agree with you here. I think that Farcry 3 was actually a better game. I am on Act III now and I am only finishing this game for the sake of finishing it. To me it does not have the same pull that Farcry 3 had. The main character, while nuts does not get near enough screen time and that affects the game I think.

This game feels like Farcry 3 re-skined with a few extras and new characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Love the game, the story is very well done.
    It doesn't have a good or bad faction, every leader is "evil" in their own way with Pagan more than likely being the lesser of the three

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Jester252 wrote: »
    Love the game, the story is very well done.
    It doesn't have a good or bad faction, every leader is "evil" in their own way with Pagan more than likely being the lesser of the three
    i was shocked that amita turned out to be an evil little b!tch at the end :eek: i didnt do another playthrough so i dunno how that dude went about things

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i was shocked that amita turned out to be an evil little b!tch at the end :eek: i didnt do another playthrough so i dunno how that dude went about things

he is
    just as bad. A religious extremist who kills anyone who supported Amita and forces her sister to become the Tarun Matara (a religious symbol for the country to rally around)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

When Pagan takes off I thought I was going to be King....I mean it was heading that way in my head. Maybe a DLC thats bat**** insane lets me be the evil dictator and side missions are be a complete asshole to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Not really getting into this, I loved Blood Dragon but I dunno, gameplay in this isn't as tight I feel. Also completely agree with the Zero Punctuation review, the main guy is a dope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I laughed when starting the mission to kill the rare badger :D

I stopped laughing when I actually did the mission.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I received the Blood Ruby DLC code for PS4 from Amazon. The code is too long for the PS Store and I looked at UPlay but can't find anywhere to enter it.

Any ideas? Thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I received the Blood Ruby DLC code for PS4 from Amazon. The code is too long for the PS Store and I looked at UPlay but can't find anywhere to enter it.

Any ideas? Thanks.

You hav to redeem through your uplay account,choose your platform and they'll be in contact,or so they said,I still haven't heard anything from about it :s.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I got an unexpected argos voucher and picked this up a while ago. Troy Baker is hands down the voice acting king. Threw it into hard from reading a few comments here and only reached the point 1st tower but liking it so far. Same mechanics as fc3 so felt right at home. Looking forward to giving it a proper play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Sorry guys, posted this over on Xbox bargains. Should have posted it here too.

Far Cry 4 Kyrat Edition which includes full physical disc version of game, bonus DLC as well as statue and some other collectors stuff can be gotten for only €63.17 on Amazon for PS4 & Xbox ONE versions and €56.44 for PC version.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Far-Cry-4-Kyrat-PS4/dp/B00KJGJJWU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417820953&sr=8-1&keywords=far+cry+4+kyrat+edition

91O7UjHA9dL._SL1500_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

So far cry 4 won the shooter of the year award last night. It's not perfect but it's a very good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    So far cry 4 won the shooter of the year award last night. It's not perfect but it's a very good game.

Really? Far Cry 3 re skinned and repackaged for full price got it. That's the was the industry is going I guess.

Wolfenstein deserved it far more imo, best shooter in a good while.

Really? Far Cry 3 re skinned and repackaged for full price got it. That's the was the industry is going I guess.

Wolfenstein deserved it far more imo, best shooter in a good while.

if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I beat Wolfenstein only once and played it on the hardest difficulty level. It's a solid game but i wouldn't say shooter of the year material. It was nominated though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    I beat Wolfenstein only once and played it on the hardest difficulty level. It's a solid game but i wouldn't say shooter of the year material. It was nominated though.

I could say the same for Far Cry 3, but it was the best shooter of the year when it came out.

Played a bit of Far Cry 4, just the same really glad I didn't buy it on release. I will pick it up later when the early year lull kicks is in as I am not holding out any hope on Bloodborn or The Order being any use or anything special from the latest news.

Wolfenstein is the best fun I've had in any fps in a few years now, great fun, knows what it is and does it brilliantly. Just shows fps games don't need tacked on MP modes that take from the main game.

I could say the same for Far Cry 3, but it was the best shooter of the year when it came out.

Played a bit of Far Cry 4, just the same really glad I didn't buy it on release. I will pick it up later when the early year lull kicks is in as I am not holding out any hope on Bloodborn or The Order being any use or anything special from the latest news.

Wolfenstein is the best fun I've had in any fps in a few years now, great fun, knows what it is and does it brilliantly. Just shows fps games don't need tacked on MP modes that take from the main game.

Wolfenstein was fun and i enjoyed it just like far cry. Bt far cry would be a lesser game if it was 1 player only. Co-op online is very good especially with a friend who had a mic, and the 3 online modes are decent. A bit of fun. The map editor is great and is going to lead to a lot of great custom games.

Ultimately I'm going to get way more gametime out of Far Cry die to the type of game it is and I think it has a lot more going for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

I know it's a bit off topic but what has put you off those games? They both look very good from what I've seen.

Advertisement