Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man this game is class. Very close to FC3 so i was worried if find the formula boring but b in just going from mission to tower to enemy camp to hunting to finding treasure etc etc.

My one and only complaint so far is dem f*cking eagles/hawks. B@stards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Man this game is class. Very close to FC3 so i was worried if find the formula boring but b in just going from mission to tower to enemy camp to hunting to finding treasure etc etc.

My one and only complaint so far is dem f*cking eagles/hawks. B@stards!

Clearly you have not encountered a honey badger yet so :D

calex71 wrote: »
    Clearly you have not encountered a honey badger yet so :D

Haha only 1, had to retreat when i ran out of ak bullets :O

I'd rarely ask devs to make things easier but i wish some of the armoured killing machine animals were dialled back a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Started playing it properly this weekend. Had never played Far Cry before so i didn't know what to expect. I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm such a completionist though, getting every single loot chest, collectible etc. As a result I have waayyyy too much cash.

I've heard a lot of people complaining about the villian though, so far i thought he seemed well implemented, reminds me of the Skyfall villian a bit for some reason.

Eoin247 wrote: »
    Started playing it properly this weekend. Had never played Far Cry before so i didn't know what to expect. I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm such a completionist though, getting every single loot chest, collectible etc. As a result I have waayyyy too much cash.

I've heard a lot of people complaining about the villian though, so far i thought he seemed well implemented, reminds me of the Skyfall villian a bit for some reason.

If you had played 3 then you would have a different opinion on the villain maybe. I find him ok but not a patch on Vaas from Far Cry 3, both are totally psychotic but in very different ways.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Could anyone help me out with the clear an outpost as hurk trophy and hijack a vehicle from the passenger side trophy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Haha only 1, had to retreat when i ran out of ak bullets :O

Yeah...that sounds like them alright. An animal the size of a small dog that can take an entire clip of 7.62mm AK rounds...

Sure Rhinos can take 4-5 m79 grenade rounds or 200 machine gun rounds...

That was my only grip with this game, the animals take more bullets that vehicles to blow up. WTF...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

logik wrote: »
    Yeah...that sounds like them alright. An animal the size of a small dog that can take an entire clip of 7.62mm AK rounds...

Sure Rhinos can take 4-5 m79 grenade rounds or 200 machine gun rounds...

That was my only grip with this game, the animals take more bullets that vehicles to blow up. WTF...

RPG 1
    Elephant 0
    I still haven't gotten over it.:(

gimli2112 wrote: »
    RPG 1
    Elephant 0
    I still haven't gotten over it.:(

Hang your head in shame... how could you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Yeh tbh I'd rather parachute into the middle of a highly militarised fort with a spud gun than come within a 1km radius of a honey badger den in this game.

The main character is a bit of a pleb, he just does anything he is asked without much question or resistance. Does he even ask Pagan Min at the start how he knows his mother?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Got my copy today In the post for the xbox one. But I can't seem to play it I get to the start screen and it comes up error the far cry 4 service is not available ?.

Has antone had that problem ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Do you need a subscription to Playstation Plus to play the Hurk missions? I bought it on my American account, don't have plus on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Could anyone help me out with the clear an outpost as hurk trophy and hijack a vehicle from the passenger side trophy?

I also need these 2 trophies
    PSN: Eoin_McLovin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cheers eoin, not near the ps4 ATM but I'll add you in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Cheers eoin, not near the ps4 ATM but I'll add you in a bit.

No problem won't be on until tonight though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

New pc patch today seems to be a vast improvement in terms of eliminating stutter etc, at the same quality settings as yesterday. Definately increasing my enjoymment of the game. Only took five patches :/

On PS4, the sound disappeared mid mission. There's just ambient music in the background, no voice, footsteps, gunshots, etc. Wrecking the experience. This happen anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Only got around to ordering this last week and arrived to me yesterday. Due to work and social stuff on this week may not get to play till Friday properly. Cant wait.

On PS4, the sound disappeared mid mission. There's just ambient music in the background, no voice, footsteps, gunshots, etc. Wrecking the experience. This happen anyone else?

I did have a few sound issues alright on the Xbox One.

Reboot of the PS4 sorted it, glad it wasn't permanent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

did anyone think of the bottom them song when
    Driving the fuel truck in the mission to get to the north

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

anyone else really freaked out by the
    prison mission with the guy following you and flickering in and out?
    I'm usually well able for horror movies and such but when its in a game at 2 am its a bit different.

sweetie wrote: »
    anyone else really freaked out by the
    prison mission with the guy following you and flickering in and out?
    I'm usually well able for horror movies and such but when its in a game at 2 am its a bit different.

Wasnt to bad,
    I found myself just sprinting through the area until I was done and ignoring/avoiding the ghost thing. If you creep around I think it makes it worse.

Just finished there, regards how to go at the end I was not happy with any of the options. In the end I
    Shot Pagan, and Amita was in charge I didn't kill Sabal, early on I realised neither were right, got the cut scene with Amita recruiting child labour for the poppy fields I was actually very surprised the game let me kill her after the scene as she walked away, which was very satisfying seeing as I'd just replaced one dictator with another. I suspect Sabal would have been no better????

I also go another "ending"
    I left the console idle at the start of the game for a long time while I was chatting with herself and a scene triggers
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

calex71 wrote: »
    Just finished there, regards how to go at the end I was not happy with any of the options. In the end I
    Shot Pagan, and Amita was in charge I didn't kill Sabal, early on I realised neither were right, got the cut scene with Amita recruiting child labour for the poppy fields I was actually very surprised the game let me kill her after the scene as she walked away, which was very satisfying seeing as I'd just replaced one dictator with another. I suspect Sabal would have been no better????

I also go another "ending"
    I left the console idle at the start of the game for a long time while I was chatting with herself and a scene triggers
    :pac:

lol should have
    not killed Pagan and he chats for a bit and leads you to the place, as he leaves he says a cracking line. Also let Amita live now want DLC where i kill sabal

dreamers75 wrote: »
    lol should have
    not killed Pagan and he chats for a bit and leads you to the place, as he leaves he says a cracking line. Also let Amita live now want DLC where i kill sabal

That is what I did. Wanted to see what developed when I didn't
    Kill Amita and Pagan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Anyone have much trouble defeating the big bird in the final Shangri-la.

Its starting to get the better of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Just starting this now. Any thoughts on which difficulty level to go with starting? Is it good to go normal or hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Hard.. it's not a particularly difficult game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

chris85 wrote: »
    Just starting this now. Any thoughts on which difficulty level to go with starting? Is it good to go normal or hard?

Definitely play it on hard, as the further on into the game you get you become more and more overpowered anyway.

Advertisement