Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

I don't get the Shangri-La stuff at all. I was REALLY interested in this game until I saw that. I feel like the fantasy elements detract from the reality based open world stuff. I really didn't like hallucination sequences in Far Cry 3 either, not sure why.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm really looking forward to this game as I loved playing Far Cry 3. One thing I'll be looking forward to in the game is liberating the outposts and taking on the heavies and the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Cormac... wrote: »
    This looks class, that Shangri La bit reminded me of the last chapter in uncharted 3

I was just about to post the same thing...VERY UC3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

"You don't text for Help, you cry for Help" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Not much talk about FC4 on boards lately. It's not too far away. Seen an ad for it on TV today. I've just pre-ordered it on my US PSN account for just 59$. Would have cost €69 if I pre-ordered on the EU store. So that's a $30 saving!

I encourage you all to do this because the prices in the EU for gaming in general is getting out of control.

So anybody looking forward to this? I personally never played FC3 which I hear was excellent. I know some of you might think it'sFar Cry 3.5 but I doubt I'll have that issue considering it's my 1st Far Cry game. Fingers cross it doesn't disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

35 blips on g2play for the master race, i will wait for the sweet 30 blips price point.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Man, that looks really bad to be honest. Exactly like Far Cry 3 which I hated. Didn't help that the dude playing was freakin' terrible at the game. Or maybe it was just that pad aiming :pac:

Anyway guaranteed no buy after this http://blog.ubi.com/far-cry-4-season-pass-details/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man that looks class, just like far cry 3 which i loved. Was hoping i could put this off until new year but mad to get it launch day now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Not much talk about FC4 on boards lately. It's not too far away. Seen an ad for it on TV today. I've just pre-ordered it on my US PSN account for just 59$. Would have cost €69 if I pre-ordered on the EU store. So that's a $30 saving!

I encourage you all to do this because the prices in the EU for gaming in general is getting out of control.

So anybody looking forward to this? I personally never played FC3 which I hear was excellent. I know some of you might think it'sFar Cry 3.5 but I doubt I'll have that issue considering it's my 1st Far Cry game. Fingers cross it doesn't disappoint.

FC3 was probably the first game that had me playing 3 - 4+ hours sessions in years. Normally I'll play something for 60 minutes and start getting distracted. Such a revelation after the second POS.

As for the US playstore thing.. B&M prices are so extortionate I've nearly bought everything on the Irish store so far. Will having a second US account mess with this at all? Will i need to be signing in and out of different accounts etc?

And to go further OT, I really need a larger hard-drive. Is it possible to copy across data from the stock unit to a new one? I've a slow enough connection and it'd take a fair bit of time to re-download everything.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im definitely getting it anyway

Trophies/cheevos leaked

http://www.exophase.com/game/far-cry-4-xbox-360/achievements/

Some story spoilers but some interesting info too. Looks like you will have a homestead that you can upgrade.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Trophies/cheevos leaked

http://www.exophase.com/game/far-cry-4-xbox-360/achievements/

Some story spoilers but some interesting info too. Looks like you will have a homestead that you can upgrade.

Nice trophy list

New vid showing multiplayer gameplay. Actually looks okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

FC3 was probably the first game that had me playing 3 - 4+ hours sessions in years. Normally I'll play something for 60 minutes and start getting distracted. Such a revelation after the second POS.

As for the US playstore thing.. B&M prices are so extortionate I've nearly bought everything on the Irish store so far. Will having a second US account mess with this at all? Will i need to be signing in and out of different accounts etc?

And to go further OT, I really need a larger hard-drive. Is it possible to copy across data from the stock unit to a new one? I've a slow enough connection and it'd take a fair bit of time to re-download everything.

sorry only just seen you reply.

Eh on PS3 and PS4 you can set up a second american account and buy your games from the US store. Download and install then switch account to your EU account. The games will work as if you bought it on the EU account.

I heard some DLC for some games won't work on the other account but you should google than to confirm it. I just bought Hogs of war on my american account and it works on my EU ps3 account. That game isn't even available for us and the other plus is you can take advantage of the american sales/flash sales.

The only problem is getting funds on the US account, You need an american credit card, or paypal linked with a US account. I personally get a friend in the US to buy 50$ PSN cards and give me the codes. I pay her back whatever way suits us (paypal).

So as long as you have a means to get funds then go for it 100% and you will save a lot of money on select titles and sales.

As fo the had drive I bought a 1.5TB HDD to replace the 500GB HDD that came with my PS3 and I then put the PS4's 500GB into my PS3!

It was a tad expensive but I'm sure prices will come down. Just beware you will have to download everything again on the new HDD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

You can also get US PSN credit by buying an Amazon gift card from the US site and then using the gift card to buy the PSN credit. Bit of a round about way of doing it, but at least every one can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Benzino wrote: »
    You can also get US PSN credit by buying an Amazon gift card from the US site and then using the gift card to buy the PSN credit. Bit of a round about way of doing it, but at least every one can do it.

Just buy US PSN cards on Amazon.com. They email you the codes. No need for any gift cards.

Just buy US PSN cards on Amazon.com. They email you the codes. No need for any gift cards.

You need a us credit card for that though, no?

You need a us credit card for that though, no?

No, it worked for me when I ordered 2 PSN credit cards and US Plus sub during the summer. Just set up a US billing address and it was fine.

• Advertisement

No, it worked for me when I ordered 2 PSN credit cards and US Plus sub during the summer. Just set up a US billing address and it was fine.

Interesting, I did use a us address, but it always failed once I entered my cc details. Will have to try it again, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Bought titanfall for $10 on PC off amazon us all you need is a us address, which will effect the sales tax which is on top of the listed price.

No problems using your Irish credit/debit card then? I used play Asia the last two times I wanted something off the us store but there very slow to send out the codes, was waiting 2hrs the last time.

I actually use a debit card, perhaps that is why it prevents me from buying them directly on Amazon.

No problems using your Irish credit/debit card then? I used play Asia the last two times I wanted something off the us store but there very slow to send out the codes, was waiting 2hrs the last time.

I was waiting a few hours with Amazon aswell, it said they were doing security checks on mine. So they knew something was up but still processed it.

I actually use a debit card, perhaps that is why it prevents me from buying them directly on Amazon.

If its a visa debit card though you shouldn't have any problem.

If its a visa debit card though you shouldn't have any problem.

It is, I will try it again the next time I am buying something off it.

Cant wait for this Tuesday week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Where is the cheapest place to preorder for ps4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭mcw92

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Where is the cheapest place to preorder for ps4?

I don't understand why people would preorder a game like this?
    It will definitely not sell out.

I picked up the new COD in Argos for €58.99 on release day, they usually have the games 62 or under. You could reserve it the morning of release and pick it up that day or the next. Cheaper than gamestops 69.99 or even 74.99 for alien(seen it today :eek:), Tesco are usually around 69.99 too I think.

Ive preordered one game before, GTA V for the PS3, even if I hadn't preordered it I could have picked it up the morning or release. It had sold out by around lunch in most places I think though.
    But Far Cry 4 will NEVER sell out on release day. Trust me.

Advertisement