Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Amazon for me,costing me 50 euro and super saver delivery for ps4, hopefully I'll have it Thursday or Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

54.99 on smyths web site, what are they like for delivery ? I'm not in a great rush as I have AC:U to keep me busy, but still don't want to be waiting a week for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

any b&m stores doing deals (like SuperValu ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I was thinking of preordering Far Cry 4 limited edition from Amazon in order to get the 4 missions and the weapon or whatever it is that comes with it.
    I was wondering if I instead waited till black friday for a deal to get it would I still be able to get the limited edition with all the dlc or would I be better off just buying it now?
    Do Amazon's pre order dlc deals on games run out on release?
    Do they only sell the standard version after release?
    I definitely want to be able to get the extra missions with it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I was thinking of preordering Far Cry 4 limited edition from Amazon in order to get the 4 missions and the weapon or whatever it is that comes with it.
    I was wondering if I instead waited till black friday for a deal to get it would I still be able to get the limited edition with all the dlc or would I be better off just buying it now?

Just order it now I'd say, it probably won't sell out but you wouldn't know .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

About €41 from below, don't think I'll have it by release though:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/far-cry-4-xbox360-ps3-30-19-with-code-base-via-rakuten-co-uk-2051138

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

calex71 wrote: »
    54.99 on smyths web site, what are they like for delivery ? I'm not in a great rush as I have AC:U to keep me busy, but still don't want to be waiting a week for it.

It's actually gone up to 64.99 now on the site for X1 and PS4. Same thing happened with AC.

Those voucher codes only work in UK unfortunately.
    Anyway the game is supposed to be 39.99GBP.
    When I go to checkout it keeps changing it to 41.00GBP.
    I wonder why is the price going up by a pound shouldn't it be 39.99GBP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Those voucher codes only work in UK unfortunately.
    Anyway the game is supposed to be 39.99GBP.
    When I go to checkout it keeps changing it to 41.00GBP.
    I wonder why is the price going up by a pound shouldn't it be 39.99GBP.

Does it detect Irish IP address and adjust for the VAT rate maybe. Similar to Amazon charging more VAT for Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

quinnd6 wrote:
    Those voucher codes only work in UK unfortunately. Anyway the game is supposed to be 39.99GBP. When I go to checkout it keeps changing it to 41.00GBP. I wonder why is the price going up by a pound shouldn't it be 39.99GBP.

Irish vat is applied for amazin.
    the rakuten deal worked for me plus £2.89 top cash back tracked.

• Advertisement

Yep that's it it's Vat.
    It's fine I decided to go with it.
    It's still about 12 euros cheaper than Gamestop ,xbox 360 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

s8n wrote: »
    where are people buying this on day one ?

US PSN store for €47 and because i pre ordered it I get free upgrade to limited edition.

I pre ordered it on the US PSN store for €47. Just noticed today that it gives me a free upgrade to the limited edition and same for anyone else who pre orders it before release.

Sorry if already posted but Digital Foundry did a test on the PS4 version and it passed with flying colors. In 5 hours of gameplay testing they only had 1 instant where it dropped below 30FPS. SO it's rock solid and 1080P.

No PC or 360 version supplied so be cautious especially considering no PC review copies were sent out.

And metacritic still showing it as an 87/100 with all 19 reviews positive.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-far-cry-4

Through a rapid pixel-count, it's easy to see the PS4 absolutely delivers on this full 1920x1080 promise - with none of the frame-rate problems seen in its Ubisoft stablemate. For every pixel we a get new line of visual information, letting us soak in every detail of Ubisoft Montreal's ice-peaked terrain from afar. However, by nature Far Cry 4 also boasts a eclectic mix of visual elements; from rock geometry and dangling flag-lines, to broad swathes of foliage and fur shaders. While a 1080p base image is a powerful starting position, image treatment tailored to the each game's visual style is still crucial, and Far Cry 4 deserves extra credit in this department.

Based on four to five hours of testing, perceptible drops from 30fps are incredibly rare. For example, Far Cry 4's opening car chase produces one momentary, blunt stutter to the mid 20s during grenade fire, but after that point it's smooth sailing. Tearing is basically a no-show as well; an adaptive v-sync setup is in place once more for console, but it manifests as only single tears at the very top of the screen, coinciding with equally rare frame-rate hiccups. In other words, Far Cry 4 may not match a PC gamer's potential 60fps boast, but Ubisoft Montreal hits the target it set for itself on console - and the all-important consistency is there.

47? Oh man tempted to go with the us psn store instead of amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Has anyone got a good price in a store for this for Xbox 360? Going to try pick this up early in the week.

Want this in PC but I had so much fun playing part 3 in the PS3 beside a warm fire that I think I'll go with the PS4 version, handily enough I do have a €70 voucher for Smyths so that'll cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Will be Christmas before I get this but I saw a kinda spoiler/hidden easteregg which can be found in the first 15 minutes that greatly changes the game. Spoilers below.
    I'm not sure what they mean as I haven't played it but near the start of the game, you can leave your guy in one place and a whole new story kicks in. Won't put any more but google if you're looking for more info.

Has anyone's pre load started yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Has anyone's pre load started yet?

Yeah, it started off at 23GB but changed to 3.4GB. I just clicked the little download symbol beside it after purchase and it started straight away.

My copy has changed to preparing for dispatch on amazon hopefully it will be shipped by morning .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

tomorrow is launch date, correct ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

s8n wrote: »
    tomorrow is launch date, correct ?

Thought I saw US was the 18th and EU was 21st. Amazon UK have my copy down to ship tomorrow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Tomorrow is the launch date. Mine has been dispatched since Saturday so I should definitely have it tomorrow.

OK mine has pre loaded and installed. I can't play until 5am tomorrow because I bought it off the US store so I'll go to bed early and get up for it. File size was 23GB with the patch.

Now I just need GTA 5 to download to my PS4 in the next 12 hours. Only 20GB of the 51GB left so it should do it with a few hours to spare.

EDIT: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/far-cry-4/critic-reviews And reviews are now 20/20 all positive. I wonder which will be the first click bait review to give it a 6/10 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

anywhere selling this tonite?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 EdragonXX

soap1978 wrote: »
    anywhere selling this tonite?

store.xbox.com :)

And Gamestop midnight launches at the following locations on Monday night (today):
    - Henry Street, Dublin
    - Carlow
    - Blackpool
    - Athlone
    - Wexford
    - William St, Limerick
    - Crescent, Limerick
    - Blanchardstown
    - Tallaght
    - Patrick Street, Cork

EdragonXX wrote: »

And Gamestop midnight launches at the following locations on Monday night (today)

Are Gamestop opening midnight because of a number of titles releasing the same night or just for 1 in particular?

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    EdragonXX wrote: »

And Gamestop midnight launches at the following locations on Monday night (today)

Are Gamestop opening midnight because of a number of titles releasing the same night or just for 1 in particular?

For GTA V, but I guess that you also can buy any other game you want to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

will tesco have it?

• Advertisement

soap1978 wrote: »
    will tesco have it?

Tesco will not do midnight launches. But I guess that yes they may have that game in the future. But in Ireland Tesco videogames prices are very expensive. You can get same game from Argos with much cheaper price.

Advertisement