Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pay attention. efibre poor speed resolved.

Options
  • 15-05-2014 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Eircom contractors installed efibre a week ago. was promised 50mb. only got 13mb.

multiple attempts and "tests" on my line failed to resolve this. even the good old eircom bull***t 1 liner of "you must wait 48 hours for speeds to increase" didnt help.

ringing every day is the only way to get something done. I got them to send out an engineer because i knew there must be a fault as i was getting 17mb on old internet. 

contractor was here today and found a bad connection on the eircom efibre socket installed last week. once that was done the speed issue was resolved. i have now 46mb out of 50mb download speed.

dont accept what eircom say is correct. they are rarely correct. reading info off a screen is an insult. "did you try resetting your modem!" etc. one rep on this even said the distance from the cabinet is too far... why was i offered fibre in the first place. why did it say my line was capable of 50mb. 

Refuse to accept what they say. even the contractor himself said as he pointed to the wall... you mite as well be talking to that!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Eircom contractors installed efibre a week ago. was promised 50mb. only got 13mb.

multiple attempts and "tests" on my line failed to resolve this. even the good old eircom bull***t 1 liner of "you must wait 48 hours for speeds to increase" didnt help.

ringing every day is the only way to get something done. I got them to send out an engineer because i knew there must be a fault as i was getting 17mb on old internet.

contractor was here today and found a bad connection on the eircom efibre socket installed last week. once that was done the speed issue was resolved. i have now 46mb out of 50mb download speed.

dont accept what eircom say is correct. they are rarely correct. reading info off a screen is an insult. "did you try resetting your modem!" etc. one rep on this even said the distance from the cabinet is too far... why was i offered fibre in the first place. why did it say my line was capable of 50mb.

Refuse to accept what they say. even the contractor himself said as he pointed to the wall... you mite as well be talking to that!

Hi sparkfireman

I can understand the level of disappointment inaccurate information surrounding your recent speed issue can create and of course I apologise.
    I'm very happy to hear that this has been resolved for you.

Al

Advertisement