Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet takes three days to charge

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

euser1984 wrote: »
    It's this one http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab/GT-P5113TSYXAR-specs

It was bought via eritech international.

I know eritech sell returns etc. but is there anything else that could be causing this?

Thanks.

Is it an official Samsung charging plug you are using?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

yoyo wrote: »
    Is it an official Samsung charging plug you are using?

Nick

I'll check it out - it's not mine so I will have to call in.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,450 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It will take longer to charge if it's switched on and as it's a 10" tablet, it will take about that long (three days) to charge off the USB port on a laptop. You really need to switch it off and use a charger designed to charge that or a similar size tablet.

If you're using a charger that didn't come with the tablet, check the current number on the charger, it will be a number listed beside the 'output' line which should say 5V and some number followed by an 'A' for amps. If the charger was designed to be used with a mobile phone, it will probably show milliamps or 'mA' - a 10" tablet will need a hefty current to charge up in two or three hours.

Even if you use a charger designed for a 7" tablet like a Nexus 7, it's worth noting that your Samsung 10" has 77% more battery capacity so I suspect you're using a charger designed for a much smaller device like an older Android phone.

Advertisement