Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingswood Dublin 24

Options
  • 15-05-2014 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

My partner and I are expecting a baby this summer so are looking to move out of town. We found a nice place in Kingswood Dublin 24 but we obviously would like to know if it's a good area.
    It seems nice but we haven't spent long there!
    The house is close to Kingswood Heights. How is this area for safety/antisocial behaviour?
    We'd be relying on the Luas for transport to and from work, with my partner finishing work quite late at times.

Any info appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's not a bad area at all. The shops and the pub in the centre of it are pretty rough, the off licence has a counter behind plexiglass where you tell them what you want and they get it for you and the primary school attracts kids from all over Tallaght, so it doesn't have the best reputation.

But actually living there is OK, I know a few people who live/d there and none have reported any serious problems, no breaks ins or assaults or anything like that.

It's one of the nicer areas of D24, on a par with Old Bawn or Firhouse. It does have the benefit of the Luas though, a lot of younger middle class couples moved in there during the last boom and have been there since.

It's worth noting there are "2" Kingswoods according to most people. There's Kingswood, Ballymount, which is where you're looking. And then there's Kingswood, Tallaght, on the other side of the Belgard Road. Which is rough as a badger's arse :D

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Thank you very much for the feedback Seamus :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Kingswood and Belgard beside are both really nice areas, both beside the Luas and both have really good amenities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Kingswood has a weird rough element in it that I could never figure out. The people there seem generally nice, there was plenty of money there during the boom yet around by the shops has a load of toe-rags. It's as if there are a lot of kids there that are suffering from being the youngest in the family and their parents are off working all day etc oblivious to what their kids are doing. I couldn't figure it out.

Anyway, I'd rather old bawn, and Belgard than Kingswood.

Advertisement