Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 13), May 16-17, 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Must win game etc:

Forrester makes 100th app for us morrow along with GOB... thats a huge amount of games in this league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

South East derby comes at a great time for us, our confidence is through the roof. Let's be having you Waterford :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Should be a good crowd again at The Cross for Derrys visit. Shame Roderick got sacked ahead of it. We always enjoy welcoming him.

No reason why we can't get back to winning ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Gonna be a very tough game for Pizza to start his spell in charge, hard to see us getting anything from this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Dylan Connolly suspended for us and Keegen/Sullo still out! Going to be a big test.

• Advertisement

Dylan Connolly suspended for us and Keegen/Sullo still out! Going to be a big test.

How is he working out? I had him as next Fahey or next John Paul Bohs lad. Went towards the John Paul with us hence being asked nicely to leave. Still talented tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Jesus it'd be amazing if Bray got a result in the Showgrounds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Another draw for Bohs methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dreamers75 wrote: »
    How is he working out? I had him as next Fahey or next John Paul Bohs lad. Went towards the John Paul with us hence being asked nicely to leave. Still talented tho.
    Fantastic for us until picking up an injury which has seen him miss the last few.

CSF wrote: »
    Fantastic for us until picking up an injury which has seen him miss the last few.

Smashing player reckon in the right frame of mind would be a decent Champo player.

Dont know if he can do it tho.

• Advertisement

Smashing player reckon in the right frame of mind would be a decent Champo player.

Dont know if he can do it tho.

Needs to shed the pounds, but he was excellent for us, missing him badly tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

That_Guy wrote: »
    Another draw for Bohs methinks.

Was going to smash big time into Bohs to win this at 2/1 when i seen that Brennan & McNally were suspended for Drogs.Then checked Bohs team news and seen Lopes & Corcoran are out for Bohs! Bet on hold now until just before k.o.I havent seen a photo of a decent winning bet in LOI in ages.Hard league for bets :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

First Rovers game at Tolka I won't have been to since the end of 2008.

Hopefully Croly doesn't mess with the side thinking it's Athlone and the effects of the game on Wednesday.

dfx- wrote: »
    Hopefully Croly doesn't mess with the side thinking it's Athlone and the effects of the game on Wednesday.

In fairness your used to bending over and being raped by poor teams in Europe.

Well done at least you got 300k to piss away.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

In fairness your used to bending over and being raped by poor teams in Europe.

Well done at least you got 300k to piss away.

What like a 10 goal raping from from a bunch of Moldovan postmen?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Was going to smash big time into Bohs to win this at 2/1 when i seen that Brennan & McNally were suspended for Drogs.Then checked Bohs team news and seen Lopes & Corcoran are out for Bohs! Bet on hold now until just before k.o.I havent seen a photo of a decent winning bet in LOI in ages.Hard league for bets :(

Lopes isn't much of a miss tbh. If Anto Murphy is back it's an upgrade.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Alias G wrote: »

Maybe LOI clubs should start playing postmen and invest their funds into facilities like Zimbru's.

WALL_E_wide.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Promo for the Cork City Rebel Radio commentary up! Real FIFA 2000 feel off it. Coverage of tonight's game v Derry City starting at half 7 :)http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/47605280

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Have a horrible feeling Croly will choose this game to have one of his periodic selection brain farts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

gimmick wrote: »
    Should be a good crowd again at The Cross for Derrys visit. Shame Roderick got sacked ahead of it. We always enjoy welcoming him.

No reason why we can't get back to winning ways.

How much is entry to the cross these days, wouldnt mind watching a game of fotty this evening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

How much is entry to the cross these days, wouldnt mind watching a game of fotty this evening?

http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/match-tickets-2/

Here ya go.€15 for adults.

We didnt play very well against UCD in Richmond first time out, hoping for a better performance and a more comfortable victory in the Bowl tonight. Will be tricky enough UCD dont seem that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

F**K SAKE ALMIGHTY BOHS :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Easy for Cork tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

2-0 was fair reflection of the game tonight.

Cork deserved the win. Derry 2nd half was better but they left themselves too much to do.

Should have won the game in the 1st half but UCD deserved something for their 2nd half defensive performance.

Will Fahey be dropped next week???? Will Killer and Bolger return???

Indo reckons Quigley out till August and we signing Sheppard or Curran, Quigley came on tonight. Heard we have spoken to Curran but not the only ones. We need Flood back for those poxy 6 yard goals. :(

Omackeral wrote: »
    F**K SAKE ALMIGHTY BOHS :mad:

Bad result for Bohs alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Will Fahey be dropped next week????

Not performing? How are attendances for Pats now? I believe it was hoped he would bring some more people through the gates.

hahahahha irelands UEFA Coefficent is St Pats you are aware of that yeah? rest of them thats letting the side down. Rovers made EL group stages and still couldnt overtake us.

Wasnt for us LOI be ****ed in Europe.....but hhahahahah good joke.

Lacked any real creativity without them!

• Advertisement

hahahahha irelands UEFA Coefficent is St Pats you are aware of that yeah? rest of them thats letting the side down. Rovers made EL group stages and still couldnt overtake us.

Wasnt for us LOI be ****ed in Europe.....but hhahahahah good joke.

I'm well aware of how crap our coefficient is. Not something any irish club has a claim to be boastful about. The Moldovan massacre however was a strong contender for the worst European performance by an LOI club of all time. Bit of perspective when you decide to knock another club

Going to lump on rovers winning the league. Any team that can play as brutal as we did tonight but still win and go top of the league is clearly being guided by a higher force.

Goal of the season candidate from Zayed

10402694_720871404618982_1349386620335408816_n.jpg

Think this season will be one of the best, 4 of us (sorry Cork) battliing it out.
    I'm well aware of how crap our coefficient is. Not something any irish club has a claim to be boastful about. The Moldovan massacre however was a strong contender for the worst European performance by an LOI club of all time. Bit of perspective when you decide to knock another club

You aware the coefficent is 100% down to Pats yeah.....makes the Moldovan nightmare seem like a tipping point for us. Shame the rest of you are **** in Europe..... I would go with Longford vs welsh team as worst performance ever.....but hey whatever floats your boat.I think after celtic there was an expectancty for Pats to beat the Moldovans.....

FYI from the minute that match vs the Moldovan international team kicked off I knew we would be raped (not postmen). They destroyed us in seconds.

Awful game, Kilduff awful, Zayed much better when he was on. Think the goal came because the other option was passing it to Kilduff. Again he missed another open goal to kill the game off like with Sligo. He can't say he hasn't had his chances if Croly ships him out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

If we (Rovers) get in a pacey, confident forward we could wrap up this league with a few games to spare. Kilduff is still working hard but confidence in front of goal is low - he just hasn't developed into the top-drawer forward we hoped he'd be. Zayed scored an amazing goal but, other than that, didn't look interested. Truth be told, he didn't look that interested even when he was scoring it.

Aside from our trouble scoring, I was pleased with the first 60 odd minutes. Lots of good passing, lots of chances created, and plenty of energy considering most of the starters had 45 minutes of chasing the ball vs Liverpool two days previous. We have an identity and a consistency to our play that we lacked under Kenny and last year.

The most frustrating thing - other than our inability to put away more chances - was watching us invite pressure after we scored. In the second half, Croly took off Brennan and went for a 4-4-2 with Finn and McPhail in central midfield. There was nobody picking up the second ball when McGuinness headed away their long passes, and they played through the centre far too easily. We needed an out-and-out ball winner for the last 30 minutes to stay in charge, and Croly didn't bring one on. I can only assume that both Robbo and Bayly were carrying knocks.

Still, that's another game that, last year, we'd have contrived to either win 7-1 or draw. I'll take a bunch of slightly nervy 1-0 wins any day. Time to do it against the bigger teams now.

You aware the coefficent is 100% down to Pats yeah.....makes the Moldovan nightmare seem like a tipping point for us. Shame the rest of you are **** in Europe..... I would go with Longford vs welsh team as worst performance ever.....but hey whatever floats your boat.I think after celtic there was an expectancty for Pats to beat the Moldovans.....

FYI from the minute that match vs the Moldovan international team kicked off I knew we would be raped (not postmen). They destroyed us in seconds.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/

Rovers are highest ranked Irish club on UEFA website.

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    Awful game, Kilduff awful, Zayed much better when he was on. Think the goal came because the other option was passing it to Kilduff. Again he missed another open goal to kill the game off like with Sligo. He can't say he hasn't had his chances if Croly ships him out again.

Hopefully Boyce a runner. You're right, Killer get runs of scoring and holds up well but he misses a lot of chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Operation 'Let's crush the Drogs' is about to commence. Chance to go back to the top of the league and avenge our opening day defeat. Very confident of victory. I'm calling it now. 3-0 to the Lilywhites.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Limerick just gifted Cork two goals.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Rory Gaffney just scored a delightful header. 1-2

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭house45

Dundalk 6-0 up!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭house45

Sorry 7-0!!!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

And we still lost to them :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Deary me, a Pighead prediction came true too!

Mushy wrote: »
    Deary me, a Pighead prediction came true too!
    You would have loved it up in Oriel this evening Mushy. We dished out an absolute tonking to the Dosy drogs. Absolutely mauled them. That opening day defeat well forgotten at this stage. Must seem like a million years ago to the Drogs supporters. We outclassed them and were 2-0 up and cruising before Foley got sent off.

Chris Shields with another man of the match performance. Dane Massey with a mazy dribble dancing around Drogs defenders before laying it on for Gannon. Towell with another goal. Brilliant late cameo from Keith Ward who is back after his long term lay off. He really is a class act. Great touch and a sublime through ball for McMillan's second. Quality evenings entertainment. Slightly disappointed with the attendance (2380) as I thought there might be closer to 3000 but I suppose it was a Tuesday evening and we have a big home game against Sligo on Friday night.

Siren Girls put in a good shift at half time as well in fairness to them. 10/10 for everybody this evening really. (apart from Drogheda team).

If Pats rovers went to extra time i was going home.

Watson off Rovers B looks a decent player. Couple of other decent players too.

Good 6 points from past 5 days

Steady the ship.

Good 6 points from past 5 days

Steady the ship.
    Thanks Kew. Hopefully we can make it 9/9 on Friday evening. Appreciate the support.

Pighead wrote: »
    Thanks Kew. Hopefully we can make it 9/9 on Friday evening. Appreciate the support.

Honestly, I don't mind Dundalk. Like to see them win it if Cork could not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Drogheda fans (the ones that stayed after 4-0) throwing liters and coins at Dundalk players, breaking seats too, seen Guards lift 3 of them during it

The F45 will be gone again I reckon if one of their members are any of the 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Drogheda was fairly tame last Friday in comparison to some previous jaunts up there, surprised they would get rowdy but then nobody likes getting thrashed by rivals

• Advertisement
Advertisement