Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 13), May 16-17, 2014

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Pighead wrote: »
    You would have loved it up in Oriel this evening Mushy. We dished out an absolute tonking to the Dosy drogs. Absolutely mauled them. That opening day defeat well forgotten at this stage. Must seem like a million years ago to the Drogs supporters. We outclassed them and were 2-0 up and cruising before Foley got sent off.

I like seeing teams around us getting hammered alright.
    Good 6 points from past 5 days

Steady the ship.

Hopefully ye will be tired for Friday's match. Another burst water main be nice!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

And we still lost to them :(

And lost a 2 goal lead at home to them. I can see Drogheda really struggling and even moreso after tonight. Huge win on Friday for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Limerick just gifted Cork two goals.

'Gifted' would be a good way to describe the Cork goal alright. Particularly the second one where a suicidal Shane Duggan back pass was intercepted by O'Sullivan. I really didn't think Cork were anything special though. A decent team but not good enough to win this league, it was more a case of us being bad in the first period than them being good.

Majorly improved performance from Super Blues in second half. Defence was far more solid and we kept the ball better. Gaffney deserved his goal, played well throughout. Pinpoint delivery from Shane Tracy but he did nothing else of note all night. Prince & Duggan were solid throughout. Galbraith also made a difference when he came on. Lehane missed a sitter for City when one on one with Barry Ryan, ballooned his shot into the ballynanty end terrace. McManus up front did little in the game but his free-kick did force an excellent diving save from McNulty near the end. Ross Mann had a last gasp chance for us but his shot was blocked by Dan Murray. We really need a couple of strikers in July! We are not a bad side but lacking in the final third. Curran's departure is a big loss, whatever the reasons for it. We will stay up though, we are more than good enough to finish above Bohs & Athlone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

That miss was terrible from Lehane, I think ye'll be fighting with Bohs and UCD, I've seen Limerick play tonight and against Rovers in Tallaght recently and ye're definitely missing something but I wouldn't blame the forwards as I think Rory Gaffney is a very good player, I'd be looking towards the midfield.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

That miss was terrible from Lehane, I think ye'll be fighting with Bohs and UCD, I've seen Limerick play tonight and against Rovers in Tallaght recently and ye're definitely missing something but I wouldn't blame the forwards as I think Rory Gaffney is a very good player, I'd be looking towards the midfield.
    Yes midfield needs to step up to the plate, Tracy is the only bit of creativity we have, but he was rather subdued tonight. It's not often you'll see him subbed with 25 minutes still to play. Galbraith is another trickster winger who can beat a full back but who's final ball is not up to scratch. And he's still not fully fit. Duggan, Hughes & Prince need to become more involved from an attacking POV. We really miss the quality of Dave O Leary, the anchor in midfield. Nzuzi seems unwilling to take on his man even when in space - Gaffney had to keep coming our to the wing tonight to help him out, he was the only one prepared to skin Dunleavy. Yet Gaffney shouldn't be doing the job of a winger, he should be in the box.

But it's up front where our bigger problems lie. Yes Gaffney is game, has a bit of skill to him for a guy who's 6'1". His ball control is generally good. But he's not a target man in the same way that Curran was, he can't really hold the ball up, bring others in to play and win flick-ons in the same way that the man from Liverpool could. Curran is a massive loss, I think we've only scored 10 goals so far this season which is very poor. Two strikers are a must have in July's window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Fancying Dundalk this year if they don't lose Towell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

anncoates wrote: »
    Fancying Dundalk this year if they don't lose Towell.
    Yeah, it's looking like Dundalk could win it this year alright. Or Shamrock Rovers or St Pats or Sligo! (like dreamers I really can't see Cork lasting the pace). Shaping up to be a bit like the English Premiership the season just gone with three maybe four genuine contenders still in the shake up in the last few weeks.

In saying that Sligo really can't afford to lose against Dundalk on Friday evening. If they do that leaves them 13 points behind us which is huge even at this early stage of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

That'll be a game and a half, I am of the view that it was nothing more than a temporary blip and Sligo have the team to go on a big run of wins now, but if Dundalk beat them it would be quite a result

Advertisement