Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

thelad95 wrote: »
    Presumably you won't be counting it then. Best option is turn up, get the paper done in the quickest amount of time possible then GTFO.

Yup, even doing a night-before job and doing enough to pass it would be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 OisinS94

LoveLamps wrote: »
    How much study a day should we doin ? 6/7 hours ?? I mean when we get off from school

I think doing it in intervals is good, like 1/2 hours early on, like maybe between 10 and 12, then another hour in the afternoon and 2 in the evening.

Do a subject a day too, a revise a different topic in each interval. That's essentially the way i did it anyways.

There's no point in overdoing it either, a good 5/6 hours like 5 out of the 7 days a week would be a good amount. Maybe an extra 1/2 hours in the other two days for a measure just to look over things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

Aspiring wrote: »
    If my 100 mark club or service balances I'll actually do a little dance in my seat. I might even leave the room to dance a little more. Knowing you have 100 marks in the bag would be quite amazing. Also if depreciation / revaluation / marginal / control / tabular / club / service / suspense comes up a similar but more low key dance will be had. I'm looking forward to having accounting and physics on the same day actually, two lovely subjects compared to some others :)

I can only imagine the dance I would perform if my Q1 balanced on the day :P
    Or suspense :eek: Hate them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

I'd say the hardest day will be the first day.
    I only have English but I think the first exam is always the hardest. Once it's over, the 2 weeks should fly by :)

Quick question for the repeats, did you find that you were very tired when you got home after an exam so couldn't really study much the following exam? I really hope this doesn't happen but I feel like all I'll want to do sometimes is just go home and sleep :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Yep I remember not having some topics in each section covered and planning on cramming before the exam. If you are someone who has 2 exams a day; there is no possible way you can study before 7pm cos it really does take it out of you... I remember English paper 2 I was so tired and then with geography and maths the next day I had to cram and none of it was going in as I was so tired. Moral of the atory is to have everything studied/or at least looked at before June. Then it's just revision/looking briefly over notes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I did an all nighter before geography. would not recommend :pac:

Luckily I don't have 2 exams on any of the days but the night before business may possibly kill me :o
    Theres just some topics for me that need to be revised the night before. Hopefully I remember the work I did the 3 weeks before hand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

Heaney(death)...Yeats(his anniversary)...and Dickinson(female poet)...one will come up,simple as...I'm willing to castrate myself otherwise.

Heaney(death)...Yeats(his anniversary)...and Dickinson(female poet)...one will come up,simple as...I'm willing to castrate myself otherwise.

If two of them come up you technically have to castrate yourself also :D

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

Just a quick question for english, can we paraphrase our quotes? Or do they have to be 100% like they are in the book?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Dept of education (b*stards)
    Badwulf wrote: »
    Just a quick question for english, can we paraphrase our quotes? Or do they have to be 100% like they are in the book?

Our teacher said you can a bit for Macbeth and Comparative. But if all you do is paraphrase you've got a problem.

Never said anything about poetry but I doubt you should.

A LOT of my papers this year seem so predictable.. so I'm probably a cert for a few nasty shocks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

thelad95 wrote: »
    One piece of advice for everyone. Don't go out if you still have exams left. Even if you only have one exam left, stay strong. There will be other nights. Next year. In college.
    Speaking from experience? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

Anybody finding it increasingly difficult to study? So tired of all this crap, and getting nothing done :pac:

JDOC1996 wrote: »
    Anybody finding it increasingly difficult to study? So tired of all this crap, and getting nothing done :pac:

If anything I'm studying a whole lot more considering the fact I've only started studying last week :P

JDOC1996 wrote: »

I definitely feel like im getting nothing done. My expected points are decreasing rapidly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Quick question - I know I'm not eligible for a susi grant - if I don't apply with them, do I still only have to pay the 3 grand or whatever it is for college or is it a bad idea to not apply?
    Basically if I'm not gonna get a maintenance grant, will not applying affect anything else...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

aleatorio wrote: »
    Quick question - I know I'm not eligible for a susi grant - if I don't apply with them, do I still only have to pay the 3 grand or whatever it is for college or is it a bad idea to not apply?
    Basically if I'm not gonna get a maintenance grant, will not applying affect anything else...?

You could try using the "Talk to... SUSI" thing on here :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

oncex wrote: »
    Speaking from experience? :P

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

The examiners do not accept testicular sacrifice in the place of well-written poetry answers, you may as well hang on to them and see if you can find a use for them at some stage.
    aleatorio wrote: »
    Run that one by me again? :confused:

The examiners do not accept testicular sacrifice in the place of well-written poetry answers

I sincerely hope youre not speaking from experience

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

The fascination with burdizzo jokes, it all makes sense now!

Blame Dan for that! :p
    Thankfully, my brief period of examining English did not include receipt of any sacrificial offerings.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

I just want to sleep, someone please motivate me

Lara_15 wrote: »
    I just want to sleep, someone please motivate me

To sleep? :P

Ok this is a pretty important question but do I need to pass ordinary irish for DIT or GMIT? Im pretty sure it says I need to pass english OR irish but can somone who has a brain thats bigger than mine double check and confirm for me?

Hotale.com wrote: »
    To sleep? :P

nope to study, its too late though, im in bed

Badwulf wrote: »
    Ok this is a pretty important question but do I need to pass ordinary irish for DIT or GMIT? Im pretty sure it says I need to pass english OR irish but can somone who has a brain thats bigger than mine double check and confirm for me?

Probably depends on the course, what's the course you want?
    Lara_15 wrote: »
    nope to study, its too late though, im in bed

Dedication :rolleyes:

I signed out early to study and ended up tsking a nap

Sometimes sleep is actually what you need.

When I hear things like "I did 10 hours study every day the two weeks before the exams" I often wonder (assuming that the person isn't just blowing smoke) how productive that actually is.

Sitting in a room staring bleary-eyed at a book for hours on end isn't productive (or spending 40 minutes of each hour on Boards and counting it as an hour's study! :p)

Far better to really make the effort to concentrate when you're studying, and get hell out of the room and do something else when you're not. Also try to eat sensibly, get some exercise (even a 10 minute brisk walk in between sessions can blow the cobwebs away!) and get enough sleep. There is no sense being exhausted facing into the exams, they're tiring enough in themselves.

• Advertisement

Compromise... decided to watch macbeth and jot down a few notes, any things i should be looking out for... kingship, lady macbeth, anything else?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement