Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    On purpose, actually :P

Didn't want to take the thread off topic.

Apologies :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

On purpose, actually :P

Didn't want to take the thread off topic.

Waft.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Saxo wrote: »
    We don't have exam papers :( I'm looking at question 1 of 2013 there and haven't seen half of this stuff before. Our teacher is very lax. :rolleyes:

use examinations.ie and just look at the questions and the marking scheme. all you can do at this stage.
    yeah most engineering teachers are like that , they prefer the practical side of work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 leavingcert problems

The thoughts of having to cram for tomorrow makes me want to cry!!! Such a headache :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Pat_McGroyne

is it just me or is it sickening that Seamus Heaney came up in a comprehension in English HL Paper 1 today?? Doubt he'll come up on paper 2 tomorrow so :/

The thoughts of having to cram for tomorrow makes me want to cry!!! Such a headache :(

Aptly chosen username so :p what are you going to do after the leaving actually? Will you just repeat for all eternity so you can keep using that username?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

At the moment I know Macbeth, Lady Macbeth and have a knowledge of Banquo. I will learn kingship, and I really just can't cram appearances or evil, doesn't go in.. Do you think I'll be ok? I know my comparative and poetry..

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    At the moment I know Macbeth, Lady Macbeth and have a knowledge of Banquo. I will learn kingship, and I really just can't cram appearances or evil, doesn't go in.. Do you think I'll be ok? I know my comparative and poetry..

I'm only doing characters for Macbeth, you'll be grand I'd say.

Aspiring wrote: »

Are you doing Macduff or any other characters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Thank God! i'm not the only one :)

is it just me or is it sickening that Seamus Heaney came up in a comprehension in English HL Paper 1 today?? Doubt he'll come up on paper 2 tomorrow so :/

Words can't describe the twisted, sadistic joy I felt when I saw Heaney on Paper 1.

:)

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    Are you doing Macduff or any other characters?

Ehhhh mostly Macbeth and Lady Macbeth, but I have quotes and a general plan in case Banquo or Macduff come up. Seems quite unlikely that they would tho, even all the predictions about Lady Macbeth (on her own) coming up in the past have been wrong, but who knows what'll happen. I could see another question about both Macbeth and LM such as with their relationship a few years ago.

I think people are just saying Lady Macbeth will come up because they think Macbeth is too obvious.

If it's a question on just Macbeth I'll be delighted.

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Words can't describe the twisted, sadistic joy I felt when I saw Heaney on Paper 1.

:)

I actually smiled when I saw his face in the picture :pac:
    Ehhhh mostly Macbeth and Lady Macbeth, but I have quotes and a general plan in case Banquo or Macduff come up. Seems quite unlikely that they would tho, even all the predictions about Lady Macbeth (on her own) coming up in the past have been wrong, but who knows what'll happen. I could see another question about both Macbeth and LM such as with their relationship a few years ago.

That's grand then, a relationship question would be the dream <3

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LeavingCertee

Whatever question does come up Macbeth will more then likely have some role to play in your answering.. For example: you can't answer on Banquo without referencing Macbeth. Also, paper one was grand today. The news bulletin was nice, it really let you be quite creative

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Is anyone else not worried about the conparative?
    You dont need to know the texts well (i havent even read purple hibiscus!)
    You dont need to know quotes
    But it's worth 70 marks so i feel i should be more concerned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Tell me you wrote '4 Privet Drive' :(

DAMN
    No I didn't think of that :(
    I quoted the books though at least XD

Hotale.com wrote: »
    I think people are just saying Lady Macbeth will come up because they think Macbeth is too obvious.

If it's a question on just Macbeth I'll be delighted.

It's possible that it will be. I'd put more money on that than Lady Macbeth. People seem to have jumped on the idea of Lady Macbeth since she came up in the mocks, they seem to forget that she has been expected to come up many times before on her own, but hasn't. The best answers and most information would probably be on Macbeth, that's why I would predict him more.

We'll know tomorrow anyway.

LoveLamps wrote: »

You should know a few quotes apparently.

Do you have to refer to key moments constantly in the comparative? I'd find a general overview of the texts far easier, only referencing key moment to further illustrate any points I'd be making. Is that okay? Our teacher was useless for the comparative, basically telling us to ignore to question and follow his formula.

• Advertisement

LoveLamps wrote: »

What? You don't need quotes? My whole life is a lie. I have 10 quotes from each text. I have focused a lot on comparative as we had 30 key moments to learn off between the two comparative modes :pac:

aleatorio wrote: »
    DAMN
    No I didn't think of that :(
    I quoted the books though at least XD

God damn it :p

For my radio news report, the news was called KBBL Evening News with Bill and Marty :D I love putting in references like that.

God damn it :p

For my radio news report, the news was called KBBL Evening News with Bill and Marty :D I love putting in references like that.

Any news about an elephant? :pac:

Any news about an elephant? :pac:

Omg, I wanted to :D:D

But it was a news report so I couldn't really put in a 'Win your very own elephant' competition :P

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jellytots95

How are people actually studying for the comparative?

Omg, I wanted to :D:D

But it was a news report so I couldn't really put in a 'Win your very own elephant' competition :P
    Ah, I'm disappointed, you should've put it in somewhere ;)

One of the best episodes ever, love old Simpsons :)
    How are people actually studying for the comparative?

Key moments with quote then make up response on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

My teacher said they're not necessary (quotes) but to have some

Went to an English revision course too and the woman said they're seen as an ''added bonus'' - she corrects the LC too.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

How many paragraphs would ye have in your macbeth essays? I can never judge it because I have minuscule writing and my 3 pages is someone's 5 but macbeth was my worst question in the pre and I think it was the length :(

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jellytots95

Key moments with quote then make up response on the day.

Ugh we've been told all along we didn't need quotes, better get learning! :(

• Advertisement

Ugh we've been told all along we didn't need quotes, better get learning! :(

Don't think you do, it's just something extra.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement