Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Many people ask for graph paper today to "mind f***" the other students? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

You don't need quotes for comparative they might be helpful, but not completely necessary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Aww lads I'm so happy my poet came up, I was so worried.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ManCityMan21

What does everyone feel about the Comparative, I'm hoping Theme/Issue comes up big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

Dickinson will come up...Dickinson will come up...PLEEASEEE Emily for the love of god...come f1cking up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

What does everyone feel about the Comparative, I'm hoping Theme/Issue comes up big time!

Theme/Issue or Cultural Context :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

It's impossible to study today, I am absolutely wrecked. Might go to sleep now and get up at 6 to cram...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Hate seeing some people's reactions to Paper 1.. def not helping with other exams :(

If that's the reaction to English Paper 1, I hate to see how HL Maths will go...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 deedeebb

anybody who did home ec as well today is feeling my pain. two exams really take it out of ya, i literally can't keep my eyes open :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

Is there ever a link between paper 1 and 2?
    Thinking of a Macbeth question along the lines of 'Lady Macbeth's INFLUENCE on Macbeth lead to his downfall' to what extent to you agree/disagree with this statement :P

• Advertisement

Thinking of a Macbeth question along the lines of 'Lady Macbeth's INFLUENCE on Macbeth lead to his downfall' to what extent to you agree/disagree with this statement :P

Could just come up coincidentally, that would actually be a nice question :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Lads if we get a question like that would I lose any purpose marks by saying I only agree partially.

Ie opening
    yes she has some influence
    witches influence
    his ambition
    his ability to discard her after it
    his ruthlessness after it
    closing

Im not talking about LM much in that like if ya get me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 leavingcert problems

Aspiring wrote: »
    Aptly chosen username so :p what are you going to do after the leaving actually? Will you just repeat for all eternity so you can keep using that username?

Well Shít... Shows my desperation when I was making the account :P to be philosophical about it, I suppose I can think of it as a lesson that no, I can't bluff my way through life. I'll also never be taken seriously on boards.. But that's probably a good thing!!

Too tired to cover another poet.

One of Heaney/Dickinson/Yeats will come up or else there'll be sobbing heard in my exam center along with my booklet being sprinkled with tears.

Hoping a MB q, CC and Yeats come up!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Robbyb525

Okay I'm literally desperate, need a sample essay off the comparative or how to do it in general ? Lost my English book! I do forbidden relationship for theme or issue with the texts sive, how many miles to babylon, and brooklyn. Also how would I go about the cultural context?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Can anyone tell me exactly what they know for both Macbeth and the comparative. I have so much to learn for it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Too tired to cover another poet.

One of Heaney/Dickinson/Yeats will come up or else there'll be sobbing heard in my exam center along with my booklet being sprinkled with tears.

Hoping a MB q, CC and Yeats come up!

I'm not 100% sure but I think there's always a question on Macbeth every year alright ;)

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure but I think there's always a question on Macbeth every year alright ;)

I love it when people try to be cheeky and fail :)

Shakespeare! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Hotale.com wrote: »
    I love it when people try to be cheeky and fail :)

Shakespeare! :rolleyes:

Don't you have some study do to for your leaving cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭WoolyAbyss

Can someone tell me how important are qoutes in macbeth at ordinary level?

• Advertisement

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Don't you have some study do to for your leaving cert?

Nah :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Nah :)

Don't make me get shopa again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Byrnesy919

everyone is predicting Dickinson to come up.. She hasn't since 2010 I believe.. She's the only poet I've learned so I'm praying she does..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

To whoever was asking about eoin jacksons predictions, his home ec ones were prettty accurate today so if youre trying to narrow stuff down it might not be a bad idea

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Don't make me get shopa again :P

I'll be good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Does anybody else feel like its not the real leaving cert? to me all the fuss was somewhat anti climactic, I feel about as stressed as I did during the mocks. Whether thats a good thing or a bad thing idk
    ( I wasnt stressed in my mocks btw if that wasnt clear)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jellytots95

Am I right in saying that General Vision and Viewpoint is likely enough to come up because it was the only one not on last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Am I right in saying that General Vision and Viewpoint is likely enough to come up because it was the only one not on last year?

Almost 100% chance. The only year that the a question didnt come up having not come up the year before was like ten years ago. GVV is almost a defnite. Im just learning Cultural context in case though.

What themes are in dickinsons poetry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

LoveLamps wrote: »
    What themes are in dickinsons poetry?

Hope, happiness, death
    all essentially linked withher temporary mental state

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement