Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Hahaha just checked in here to see how yere getting on, nice to see I'm still being talked about a year on :D
    Perfect timing, lawd! :D
    Aspiring wrote: »
    I have a real newbie question, sorry guys. When quoting something with the american spelling such as "odor", should I quote it with that spelling, or with "odour". Typical Bishop always causing problems the rascal.
    If it's a quote, use the original spelling (if you remember).

In all else, use real spelling, not American. (Sorry, Hugsie! :pac:)

In any case, it's not going to be a deal-breaker one way or the other, I can't see too many examiners taking much notice of such a minor thing.
    LoveLamps wrote: »
    Must have been a backup paper, all our predictions are now null and void.

Panic panic panic
    Orrrrrrrr the predictions were off-base?! :P

Predictions are at best educated guesses. GUESSES! :p

The SEC doesn't pull out the back-up paper just because the wind changes direction yanno, there has to be a real reason!
    Hotale.com wrote: »
    underestimate_power_star_wars.gif
    Whatever you say, MacBitch! :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

How do you learn quotes? Write them out?
    I know a few for everything, gonna get up about 9 tomorrow and just write out quotes til about 1 i think

I took a load down in a copy and just went over them over and over again. It's surprising how easy they'll stay in your head.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

peekachoo wrote: »
    I have wednesday off.

Literally not opening art history until then :pac:

Besides if Dali or surrealism isn't on the european section I'm gonna eat the exam papers and walk out. :)

I have French on Wednesday morning. I think I'm just going to study Impressionism and Manet for European and Georgian for Irish and then wing a product design question.

If any of those don't come up, I too will eat my paper. I'll bring in a fork, napkin, knife and everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

I hope the SEC use non toxic ink... The amount of people planning on eating papers.... I just plan on crying :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I hope the SEC use non toxic ink... The amount of people planning on eating papers.... I just plan on crying :D

I plan on opening the paper and writing non-stop for 3 hours and 20 mins :pac:

It's the only way I'll get it done, no time to stop and complain :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    I have French on Wednesday morning. I think I'm just going to study Impressionism and Manet for European and Georgian for Irish and then wing a product design question.

If any of those don't come up, I too will eat my paper. I'll bring in a fork, napkin, knife and everything.

Gallery Q for me is grand anyway. Essentially the same essay worded differently to fit the question!
    Really hoping for Newgrange in irish, failing that Yeats!
    Whatever you say, MacBitch! :p:D
    Lol and from that moment on he was forever crowned "MacBitch" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

aleatorio wrote: »
    Few off the top of my head would be:
    The irony that King Duncan recognises deception in the former thane of Cawdor only to be deceived my Macbeth
    Lady Macbeths use of deception, framing the chamberlains, distracting attention away from Macbeth after the murder by fainting and asking everyone to leave because of Macbeths 'fit' at the banquet
    Macbeths acknowledgement that he needs to adopt an innocent appearance if he is to avoid suspicion

Also could work in the witches deception and equivocal nature and the way that reality essentially deceives Macbeth and Lady Macbeth when they hallucinate and have nightmares

Also Duncan remarks how warm and inviting the Macbeth castle is and how sweet smelling the air around the castle is but behind its walls lies a dark secret which will eventually lead to his tragic death

I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight anyways for fear of not one of my three poets coming up. Scared witless and haven't enough time to learn two more.

Well not with that attitude you havnt

I plan on opening the paper and writing non-stop for 3 hours and 20 mins :pac:

It's the only way I'll get it done, no time to stop and complain :D

Pretty much my plan too! I'll still be disappointed if I don't get a few nice enough questions though :/ Hopefully I do!

There's going to be some shítstorm on here tomorrow after Paper 2. Even if everything predicted comes up, people won't be happy. I look forward to it actually.

• Advertisement

There's going to be some shítstorm on here tomorrow after Paper 2. Even if everything predicted comes up, people won't be happy. I look forward to it actually.

Mere anarchy will be loosed upon boards!

Mere anarchy will be loosed upon boards!

Here is the preset for every post in the Paper 2 thread tomorrow:
    -Did anybody else do X
    -Am I the only one who X
    -I can't believe X came up
    -Did anybody else answer X like this
    -Everybody did X
    -OMG I ACTUALLY DID SO BADLY MIGHT AS WELL FORGET THE WHOLE LEAVING CERT
    -That wasn't so bad at all (rare)

That's if everything goes as planned. If Heaney and Dickinson don't come up, you're better off steering clear of boards for a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Keeks96

Gallery Q for me is grand anyway. Essentially the same essay worded differently to fit the question!
    Really hoping for Newgrange in irish, failing that Yeats!

Pretty much doing the same thing as you! It's section two that could really screw me over. Praying for Botticelli. If he doesn't show... Van Gogh, Cezanne, Gaugin etc would all be okish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

Can anyone throw a few quotes where Macbeth is described as a tyrant? I can't find my flash cards and can't remember, it's killing me :rolleyes:

I think this sums up how I feel perfectly.

image.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Keeks96 wrote: »
    Pretty much doing the same thing as you! It's section two that could really screw me over. Praying for Botticelli. If he doesn't show... Van Gogh, Cezanne, Gaugin etc would all be okish.

Ya I wouldn't mind any of the impressionists either to be honest... or something like giotto and masaccio together like in my mock last year!
    Actually Van Eyck hasn't appeared in like 12 years so he might be worth a look as a flemish renaissance artist!

Lol and from that moment on he was forever crowned "MacBitch" :D

For brave Macbitch - well he deserves that name
    Disdaining Fortune, with his brandished pen
    Which smoked with inky execution
    Like Valour's minion carved out his passage

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Sarcasm, Randy!

Here is the preset for every post in the Paper 2 thread tomorrow:
    -Did anybody else do X
    -Am I the only one who X
    -I can't believe X came up
    -Did anybody else answer X like this
    -Everybody did X
    -OMG I ACTUALLY DID SO BADLY MIGHT AS WELL FORGET THE WHOLE LEAVING CERT
    -That wasn't so bad at all (rare)

That's if everything goes as planned. If Heaney and Dickinson don't come up, you're better off steering clear of boards for a day or two.

Aspirings is my favourite poster ever

So much your favourite you had to post it twice ;)

• Advertisement

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    Can anyone throw a few quotes where Macbeth is described as a tyrant? I can't find my flash cards and can't remember, it's killing me :rolleyes:

Devilish macbeth
    butcher
    fiend
    :pac:

Turn, hellhound, turn! :)

I grant him bloody,
    Luxurious, avaricious, false, deceitful,
    Sudden, malicious, smacking of every sin
    That has a name
    - Malcolm

There's not a one of them but in his house
    I keep a servant fee'd
    - MaccyB himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

Why thank you my noble friends <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Some of us don't have the option. :(

Mind you, it couldn't possibly be as bad as Englishgate a few years ago ... I hope. Even the year Plath failed to materialise was in the ha'penny place by comparison with that. >.<
    Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    For brave Macbitch - well he deserves that name
    Disdaining Fortune, with his brandished pen
    Which smoked with inky execution
    Like Valour's minion carved out his passage

:P
    So tempted to re-write that again in the light of a certain website which he may or may not have used as the inspiration for his username, but I'd better not! :pac:
    Sarcasm, Randy!
    Oh, I knew there was a strong tongue-in-cheek element to your post, but this is how these rumours start. By tomorrow there will be people quoting boards.ie as the source for the definite info that it was a back-up paper!!
    So much your favourite you had to post it twice ;)
    And still spelled it wrong!

So tempted to re-write that again in the light of a certain website which he may or may not have used as the inspiration for his username, but I'd better not! :pac:

Ah gewwon :p

Some of us don't have the option. :(

Mind you, it couldn't possibly be as bad as Englishgate a few years ago ... I hope. Even the year Plath failed to materialise was in the ha'penny place by comparison with that. >.<

What happened? I'm only familiar with Plathgate, not well-informed enough on my LC English controversies :pac:

Ehm.. What's Englishgate? :p

If you don't stop bullying me I'll have to make a new account :'(

For an off topic thread, this is very on topic....

I am not cruel, only truthful

• Advertisement

For an off topic thread, this is very on topic....

I am not cruel, only truthful

Yeah well you should stick to appearing on exam papers. You're losing your celebrity status with your truthful posts. Get it together man.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement