Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

Aspiring wrote: »
    Yeah well you should stick to appearing on exam papers. You're losing your celebrity status with your truthful posts. Get it together man.

Shhh, im trying to be controversial in the hope of mirroring my fame of earlier times. I'm still a new user to boards so don't judge :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

I wonder what would happen if we all referred Macbeth as MacBitch tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Ehm.. What's Englishgate? :p
    The year some superintendent handed out Paper 2 instead of Paper 1 by mistake, and they had to call in the back-up paper.

1,100 people still on line in this forum at 2 in the morning having collective hysterics! Extra mods had to be drafted in just to keep up!
    If you don't stop bullying me I'll have to make a new account :'(
    Jaysus, the Corkies are going awful soft these days!! :pac:
    For an off topic thread, this is very on topic....

I am not cruel, only truthful
    You're right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Shhh, im trying to be controversial in the hope of mirroring my fame of earlier times. I'm still a new user to boards so don't judge :'(

I'll always remember your smug title smeared across my English paper like faeces. That Text 1 was perfection, I had a smile from ear to ear. Then I saw it. The name. I recognised it from somewhere, oh yes it's a boardsie. Then I check your post count. How dare you appear on that paper. How dare you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Jaysus, the Corkies are going awful soft these days!! :pac:

You're from Kerry, aren't you? :p
    I'll always remember your smug title smeared across my English paper like faeces. That Text 1 was perfection, I had a smile from ear to ear. Then I saw it. The name. I recognised it from somewhere, oh yes it's a boardsie. Then I check your post count. How dare you appear on that paper. How dare you.

Hotmale.com would have been a much more suitable inclusion :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 TaiHusky

Suprised no one is doing only the women poets. I mean, Dickinson is a strong candidate, and even if they do the other two, the women are all complex people with memorable poems. And the whole thing of no women showing up is bs. They won't have the balls to ever try that again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

TaiHusky wrote: »
    Suprised no one is doing only the women poets. I mean, Dickinson is a strong candidate, and even if they do the other two, the women are all complex people with memorable poems. And the whole thing of no women showing up is bs. They won't have the balls to ever try that again.

That's what I'm doing :pac:

well I have vague knowledge of mahon and kinsella but :P

It's because they are women.

Only messing, I am actually studying all 3 of our female poets. Also Yeats and Heaney. But I think I'll leave Heaney to the side, some effort.

peekachoo wrote: »
    That's what I'm doing :pac:

well I have vague knowledge of mahon and kinsella but :P

I mean, they are so handy to write about! No politics or whatever, just poems exploring deep subjects so theres plenty to write. Dickinson is my jam <3

Honestly, i must have been the only one who pretty much had a panic attack when i saw the paper. Then when i saw my name i was redeemed! Needless to say i answered on my life story as a Saskatchewan citizen! Robbing banks and murder.... All in a days work!

• Advertisement

I mean, they are so handy to write about! No politics or whatever, just poems exploring deep subjects so theres plenty to write. Dickinson is my jam <3

I don't like Bishop, the poems are too long, although Sestina is brilliant.

Plath and Dickinson are brilliant though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KevinL101

Yeats and Dickinson would be pretty safe and a vague knowledge of Mahon and Larkin right? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Dickinson is my jam, bread and butter :cool:

Dickinson is my life. Know her poems off by heart. Not sure how that'll help me though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

For the Cultural Context would I be all right if I am able to write lengthy meaningful content on Money, Marriage, Religion and Gender?

Dickinson and Larkin.. I would have such hard time choosing if they both came up.

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    Dickinson and Larkin.. I would have such hard time choosing if they both came up.

same, think I'd go for Larkin in the end though!

I don't like Bishop, the poems are too long, although Sestina is brilliant.

Plath and Dickinson are really handy though :)

I mean, their themes are so over the top and insecure but its perfect like that because they are so, simple.

I am so scared I will open the paper to find something shocking. Imagine if there is no character question? UGH

I am so scared I will open the paper to find something shocking. Imagine if there is no character question? UGH

That would be a nightmare. I don't have anything prepared for a theme/imagery question.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

1,100 people still on line in this forum at 2 in the morning having collective hysterics! Extra mods had to be drafted in just to keep up!

I'm intrigued. Who were these mods?

That would be a nightmare. I don't have anything prepared for a theme/imagery question.

I know :((((
    I could wing a power or kingship essay, maybe a crappy appearances or evil. But I NEED a character on that paper. :pac:

I know :((((
    I could wing a power or kingship essay, maybe a crappy appearances or evil. But I NEED a character on that paper. :pac:

I've only 3 characters prepared, so if Banquo comes up I am truly fúcked. I could probably get through a power essay alright :p

I've only 3 characters prepared, so if Banquo comes up I am truly fúcked. I could probably get through a power essay alright :p

You prepared Macduff and not Banquo? Suppose Macduff actually is more important :)

You have the main man, Lady M and who else?
    I am strongly considering preparing a few bits on Banquo :eek:

Was just looking at 1995 question. Kingship came up and this:

"Discuss the course and nature of the resistance to Macbeth’s rule in the play. Support your answer by relevant quotation or reference to the play."

That would be pretty hard I think. Macduff would be a huge part of it but you couldn't really talk about Banquo as he didn't resist Macbeth's rule. I'm assuming that what they meant by resistance, as in people going against him. What would you do here.

You have the main man, Lady M and who else?
    I am strongly considering preparing a few bits on Banquo :eek:

Macduff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 sammydev

I think the three women are really easy, we never did larkin and I feel like l'm missing out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 c0unterpart

who in their right mind thought it would be a good idea to make 17 year olds study 8 poets

• Advertisement

Was just looking at 1995 question. Kingship came up and this:

"Discuss the course and nature of the resistance to Macbeth’s rule in the play. Support your answer by relevant quotation or reference to the play."

That would be pretty hard I think. Macduff would be a huge part of it but you couldn't really talk about Banquo as he didn't resist Macbeth's rule. I'm assuming that what they meant by resistance, as in people going against him. What would you do here.

That's essentially nothing but Act 5 and some of the small scenes with Caithness, Ross, Angus and the Old Man. That is actually a vile question.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement