Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Everyone seems to be forgetting that a poet they like may come up, with an impossible horrible question :pac:

I've Dickinson and Larkin/Kinsella learned, style and themes for Dickinson, and just themes for Kinsella and Larkin, and I have Yeasts style learned :o
    Fingers crossed we get nice questions and not something like
    'Dickinsons poetry was defined by her use of commas' Discuss. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wallace2

Banking so much on Yeats coming up!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Odrevan

aleatorio wrote: »
    Everyone seems to be forgetting that a poet they like may come up, with an impossible horrible question :pac:

I've Dickinson and Larkin/Kinsella learned, style and themes for Dickinson, and just themes for Kinsella and Larkin, and I have Yeasts style learned :o
    Fingers crossed we get nice questions and not something like
    'Dickinsons poetry was defined by her use of commas' Discuss. :pac:

But dem hyphens though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Ahhh OL life. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

Ah I'm sure we'll get a lovely paper and we'll be grand :P Good luck everyone, I'm off to do the last bit of cramming :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 deedeebb

QUICK QUESTION. is it enough to talk about the opening/closing scenes and the setting for GV&VP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Was that intentional or?...:rolleyes:

Nope :pac: meant to say Plath! Oh well guess I'll just do Yeats twice ;)

3 pages of comparative in 30 mins, boom :D

Aspiring wrote: »
    There's no rule to say a poet can't come up twice though, the SEC do what they want ;)

Plath came up 03 and 04. Perhaps another double in 13 and 14, ten years apart? :P

Plath came up 03 and 04. Perhaps another double in 13 and 14, ten years apart? :P

I'd like that, but as the lads said she's up next year so it'd be obvious that she wouldn't come up thrice :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

He has a point.

She came up in the exam in 03 and 04. She was still on the course in 05. Anything can happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Do ya think the SEC would actually have the balls to not put on any women poets?

peekachoo wrote: »
    Do ya think the SEC would actually have the balls to not put on any women poets?

I posted about it in The Grads but I think this may be an all male year considering we got 2 females.

I posted about it in The Grads but I think this may be an all male year considering we got 2 females.

:(
    fuuuuucccckkkkkkk

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    He has a point.

She came up in the exam in 03 and 04. She was still on the course in 05. Anything can happen.

I see. Nice.

Think female has to come up. Imagine the feminists giving out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Notice how last year a few poets from our course was on the paper? Imagine if none of them were, then we would be very uncertain of who was coming up! So take for example that Yeats, Dicknson and plath are the only poets on our course that are on next year too.... well then I'm certain 2 or 3 of them will come up this year to give next years English students a chance!

So basically Dickinson and Yeats will both be on the test come 2 o clock. :) There is on off-chance that Plath may be too....

I see. Nice.

Think female has to come up. Imagine the feminists giving out.

If one doesn't I'm gonna turn into a feminist for a day and rain down a massive ****storm on the SEC :P

• Registered Users Posts: 40 sammydev

Maybe i'm looking too much into it but in 2010 yeats, rich, kavanagh and eliot came up then in 2012 rich and kavanagh were repeated with kinsella and larkin
    So in 2014 could it be kinsella and larkin?!?

sammydev wrote: »
    Maybe i'm looking too much into it but in 2010 yeats, rich, kavanagh and eliot came up then in 2012 rich and kavanagh were repeated with kinsella and larkin
    So in 2014 could it be kinsella and larkin?!?

I don't think there's actually a pattern. The SEC just love playing mind games.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 sammydev

I don't think there's actually a pattern. The SEC just love playing mind games.

True, I wouldn't be surprised to see plath on the paper, if there trying to get rid of predictions dickinson and heaney maybe too obvious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Got an hour and a half to learn 5 poems, this will be fun :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

I've decided I'm taking the risk.Dickinson and Heaney it is. If it doesn't work out,contact me if in need of discount vouchers for Dunnes Stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

I wouldn't be surprised if the poets were just picked out of a hat tbh.. no patters, no evil SEC trying to screw us over, just randomness and probability :P

Okay..I'm going with these predictions:

Dickinson
    Yeats
    Heaney
    Plath

Plath might be ridiculous and maybe Heaney too after yesterday but oh well, that's the ones I'm revising.

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Okay..I'm going with these predictions:

Dickinson
    Yeats
    Heaney
    Plath

Plath might be ridiculous and maybe Heaney too after yesterday but oh well, that's the ones I'm revising.

Keep saying Plath, if we say it enough she has to come up. The law of attraction and all that ;)

Is it the sea you hear in me,
    Its dissatisfactions?
    Or the voice of nothing, that was your madness?

Plath for 2014

May settle for Heaney or Dickinson

Id be happy with Plath or Dickinson.
    Although I did Plath last year so it may be nice to change it up :pac:

peekachoo wrote: »
    Id be happy with Plath or Dickinson.
    Although I did Plath last year so it may be nice to change it up :pac:

Plath forever :D
    Just remember if your whole class will most likely answer on the same poet then make yours stand out.
    May the poets be ever in your favour :)

I love how it seems we're the only people in the country wanting Plath :pac:

If she does reappear then I doubt the question would be as nice as last year's though :o

• Advertisement

Plath forever :D
    Just remember if your whole class will most likely answer on the same poet then make yours stand out.
    May the poets be ever in your favour :)

Everyone's doing Dickinson!
    If it so happened that both Plath and Dickinson came up I'd go with Plath.

Indeed. Include me in your lamentations, if they don't come up. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement