Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

I never did Plath :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

aleatorio wrote: »

You were deprived of good poetry :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

She really is something special.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 sammydev

The calm before the storm, I have a feeling this will go mad this evening :p

sammydev wrote: »
    The calm before the storm, I have a feeling this will go mad this evening :p

Yes. The number of "please feel sorry for me" posts will be too damn high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,775 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Did a four page GVV question there in 50 minutes, happy with that, only problem is I now need to let my hand recover for the next two hours :p

I'm waiting to see if there will be any "I studied Macbeth for single text but I didn't see it on the first page so I answered on this book called Pride and Prejudice that I didn't read." threads.

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    I'm waiting to see if there will be any "I studied Macbeth for single text but I didn't see it on the first page so I answered on this book called Pride and Prejudice that I didn't read." threads.

"I answered on Heaney even though he wasn't on the paper, will I lose any marks?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Aspiring wrote: »
    "I answered on Heaney even though he wasn't on the paper, will I lose any marks?"

We will definitely see this.

Also:

"Who were all d people hu said Heaney and Dickinson were defo comin up??? I didn't see dem on d paper??? It's all your fault!!! How was I spose to no ur spose to no more dan 2 poets???"

• Advertisement

Yeah, that'll be my thread :pac:

Yes. The number of "please feel sorry for me" posts will be too damn high.

"I only studied Lady Macbeth, Dickinson and GVV and none of them came up can I still pass English?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Any last minute tips for someone that actually hasnt ever written a cultural context essay? :rolleyes:

peekachoo wrote: »
    Any last minute tips for someone that actually hasnt ever written a cultural context essay? :rolleyes:

Compare the texts, say how it was similar or different between one and the other two. Do this for each. Write a detailed response, at least 4 distinct points. You can make up the response easily :)

Compare the texts, say how it was similar or different between one and the other two. Do this for each. Write a detailed response, at least 4 distinct points. You can make up the response easily :)

Thanks! :P
    see we only kinda focused mainly on Theme/Issue for which I could write a fairly good essay on in my sleep.
    I just wasnt 100% sure about like linking an aspect, say role of women, to a key moment in the text or how it shapes a character

3 years of LC english and I'm still unprepared :rolleyes:

In general, people perform better on the 70mark Comparative opposed to the 40/30.
    For CC pick the one that is the most open so you can fit your strongest points in. For example, one year I think the 70marker was all about the role of men and women. I only had a paragraph prepared on it so that year would have been horrible.
    That being said, if you can alter your points to include the specificity of the question then do.
    Thanks! :P
    see we only kinda focused mainly on Theme/Issue for which I could write a fairly good essay on in my sleep.
    I just wasnt 100% sure about like linking an aspect, say role of women, to a key moment in the text or how it shapes a character

3 years of LC english and I'm still unprepared :rolleyes:

In Never Let Me Go, we can see that women are more independent than in All My Sons. Kathy has a career of her own and travels alone in the novel. She also describes to us how the women may have multiple sexual partners while she stayed in The Cottages. This type of behaviour would be unheard of during WW2 when AMS was set. Kate is a housewife, above all. Joe Keller is the breadwinner in the family. We see this when he tells his wife "You wanted money, so I made ya money." The women in AMS have less independence and depend on men to provide for them. This is more evident when George arrives at the house and tries to control his sister, Anne. However the role of women is definitely progressing towards that of NLMG. Anne refuses to leave with her brother and has her own job.

That's not very good but it's off the top of my head :/

How did they expect an entire 70m essay on just that? :o

still not open to coming sitting this paper for me? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Not gonna lie i am very very nervous
    I dont know how many quotes i actually know and wont find out til 2pm
    Ah ah ah
    I mean it could go well if the questions go my way but still

Fcuk you english p2, fcuk you

There was a 70m on social class too, i have social class as 1 point...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭kn2k10

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Not gonna lie i am very very nervous
    I dont know how many quotes i actually know and wont find out til 2pm
    Ah ah ah
    I mean it could go well if the questions go my way but still

Fcuk you english p2, fcuk you

I'm in the exact same boat as you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,775 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I know very few quotes for Macbeth, although reading over my mock which I did quite well in, I just made up some quotes :pac:

• Advertisement

I know it may be a bit late but I found this on my computer if anyone wants to look.

Peeks I wrote a sample above for you about Role of Women

I know it may be a bit late but I found this on my computer if anyone wants to look.

You're only the best :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

My current state is a weird mixture of laughing and crying, while slowly rocking back and forth.... Paper 2 :D

You're only the best :pac:
    still not open to coming sitting this paper for me? :pac:

Yeah I'm still not up to sitting the paper for you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Keeks96

brilliant Banquo essay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shaunicus

Cultural Context would be lovely if it came up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Ok I have a question, my writing is rather small, average of 14-16 words per line-
    For Macbeth, a majority of my A1 essays are 3.25 pages long - would it look bad in the exam if my answer was only this long? I'm sure if written in large writing it would be longer but I'm not going to go and try alter my writing today :pac:

My poetry answers are usually the same length and comparative generally is about 4.5
    Is that ok.....? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭kn2k10

Will I get bonus marks if I put a note on my paper saying I'm illiterate, then the corrector will think I tried really really hard?

Yeah I'm still not up to sitting the paper for you :P

Bollix :P

• Advertisement

Keeks96 wrote: »
    brilliant Banquo essay!!

Thanks! Disappointed I couldn't use it for myself last year :P
    Shaunicus wrote: »
    Cultural Context would be lovely if it came up

Depends the questions can be really horrible for it :/
    Ok I have a question, my writing is rather small, average of 14-16 words per line-
    For Macbeth, a majority of my A1 essays are 3.25 pages long - would it look bad in the exam if my answer was only this long? I'm sure if written in large writing it would be longer but I'm not going to go and try alter my writing today :pac:

My poetry answers are usually the same length and comparative generally is about 4.5
    Is that ok.....? :o

Yeah you'll be fine. As always quality > quantity but the examiner can tell if you've written appropriately on the size of your writing. Sure if someone fit 7-8 words per line then the essay you wrote would suddenly be 6-7 pages but it's still the same essay!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement