Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LeavingCertee

Aspiring wrote: »
    Maths tomorrow will be so much less stressful :pac:

No race against the clock on the wall, just doing what you know you've done before (or similar).

We know it's gonna be an easy enough paper. Look at last year. Same guy is doing it this year.

Last year's paper one was a beauty! Paper 1 in general is ok. Famous last words eh? haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

The pain of studying when there is silage being cut outside your window.... The struggle is real

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

is educateplus.ie down?

If it doesn't come back on tonight..I'm going write a really strongly worded e-mail :(

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

Engineering paper was a weird enough paper, done away with the usual patterns and really mixed things up, makes me worried that every other paper will be the same now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Last year's paper one was a beauty! Paper 1 in general is ok. Famous last words eh? haha

Yeah :pac:

Compare 2012 and before to 2013, you can clearly see the lad who wrote the 2012 and before ones was clearly more of a sadist :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Smash The House

Nimrod 7 wrote: »

If it doesn't come back on tonight..I'm going write a really strongly worded e-mail :(

Starting to freak out...only have a few hours to study maths :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I have this feeling that, at one or more stages tomorrow... I'm gonna cry :pac:

What's educateplus? Is that the solutions for the educate.ie papers or do they have any new questions on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LeavingCertee

Yeah :pac:

Compare 2012 and before to 2013, you can clearly see the lad who wrote the 2012 and before ones was clearly more of a sadist :P

I know right! The new fella is very clear, no ambiguities at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

Ugh I keep thinking about it, and I'm quite disappointed, the paper had everything I wanted, but I feel like I underperformed. Usually I am B standard and that was probably C at best, I didn't have enough time, my writing was horrible and ugh just don't know

Anyway the joys of geography now.. I actually don't know why I picked it I hate it so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Im looking forward to maths..
    Thats how much slaving over English has broken my soul :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Smash The House

What's educateplus? Is that the solutions for the educate.ie papers or do they have any new questions on there?

solutions to the papers, very handy. it's been working perfectly all year until now....the night before Maths P1 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JD244

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Well, my parents just let my brothers go into the study room to play Xbox.

Fúck sake.

I really don't know why I even try to do well. :rolleyes:

Just happened here too :( expect it's a Playstation, feckin' 12 why is he even playing GTA?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I felt so bad seeing people cry after that paper. Exactly how I felt after paper one . Its just so unfair that we are expected to regurgitate two years worth of useless garbage we dont care in the slightest bit about in about 3 hours.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

bb1234567 wrote: »
    I felt so bad seeing people cry after that paper. Exactly how I felt after paper one . Its just so unfair that we are expected to regurgitate two years worth of useless garbage we dont care in the slightest bit about in about 3 hours.:(

Exactly!
    Its so hard to show everything you know in such intense pressure :(

Omg, I have exam paper solutions :D

My teacher printed them out for us, I just put them all in a pile cos I had access to them online.

I love him :D Should be canonised for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JasB14

Dreading exams tomorrow like igh english went so well and these will just put a downer on everything!😴

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

My teacher printed them out for us, I just put them all in a pile cos I had access to them online.

Link????

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Link????

The website is down, I only have print outs.

This reminds me of that ad for the toilet roll where your man is raving about using a tablet instead of paper, then he's stuck on the toilet and the tablets no use. Yeah now that I write it out it's not that similar at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Is it just me whose not feeling the pressure? :pac:
    So far the LC has not lived up to the hype.
    Although im not aiming for anything mad like 500+ though

For those who feel they underperformed;
    A) there is literally nothing you can do about it now, get over it, move on, focus on the next exam
    B) everyone does better than they think, we're out own worst critics

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Jones82

LoveLamps wrote: »

A) there is literally nothing you can do about it now, get over it, move on, focus on the next exam

I'm exactly the same, I got around 500 points in my mocks but only need 400 for the course I want to do.. Taking it easy as f**k!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Jones82

Maths tomorrow will be so much less stressful :pac:

No race against the clock on the wall, just doing what you know you've done before (or similar).

We know it's gonna be an easy enough paper. Look at last year. Same guy is doing it this year.

Oh so 2012 and 2013 were done by different people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

peekachoo wrote: »
    I said her dramatic techniques were her eccentric punctuation, cryptic and puzzling imagery, capitalisation and her themes in itself.

Please now is not the time to tell me I fcuked up? :pac:

I feel like I wouldve got along with Dickinson :cool:
    I hear she uses "-" these a lot
    A woman after my own heart :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

HugsiePie wrote: »

Oh ye are too alike for comfort :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭Katie1289

LoveLamps wrote: »

Man I dunno. For the people who need high points the pressure is phenomenal. A good friend of mine wants late 400's, which she should be able to get, but the pressure from family coupled with the fact points for her number one LEAPED last year reduced her to a bit of a wreck yesterday. It's all well and dandy if you've been doing great work all year but other than that the LC is one big exercise in stress management and memory.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

peekachoo wrote: »
    Oh ye are too alike for comfort :pac:

Emily Elizabeth Dickinson (December 10, 1830 – May 15, 1886) was an American poet. Born in Amherst, Massachusetts, to a successful family with strong community ties, she lived a mostly introverted and reclusive life. After she studied at the Amherst Academy for seven years in her youth, she spent a short time at Mount Holyoke Female Seminary before returning to her family's house in Amherst. Thought of as an eccentric by the locals, she became known for her penchant for white clothing and her reluctance to greet guests or, later in life, even leave her room. Most of her friendships were therefore carried out by correspondence.

I AM THIS WOMAN'S REINCARNATION! :pac:

HugsiePie wrote: »

I geniunely thought you got it from her :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

The John Brennan book for maths is the best, all exam questions for the past few years and solutions side by side. It has served me well thus far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wallace2

Sorry for the stupid question but just double checking, OL maths paper one = book one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement