Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

K guys next time I'm online the worst will be over and I'll be half way done!

And I'll probably be hysterical and crying. Either way good luck to all, god knows we need it tomorrow! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Good luck to all doing geography in the morning, just remember your limestone pavements and grikes and you'll be grand ;)

Anybody had to ask for more paper yet? Don't think I'll get a chance until business, and that'll be my only chance. So close today :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

Anyone with human elective in geo, what has the higher chance: land use zones in city or functions of urban centre on photograph or should I just know both?

Aspiring wrote: »
    Anybody had to ask for more paper yet? Don't think I'll get a chance until business, and that'll be my only chance. So close today :pac:

Maybe Applied Maths :P

I need 2-3 pages per question.

6x3 = 18

I think it has 20 pages.

Hmmmm

I've never asked for more paper in my life..Applied Maths is my last exam. I WILL GET EXTRA PAPER.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Janeh9

Just flipped through the information booklet and discovered my calculator IS NOT ACCEPTABLE IN THE EXAM CENTRE JESUS CHRIST I DON'T HAVE TIME TO GET A NEW ONE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

Janeh9 wrote: »
    Just flipped through the information booklet and discovered my calculator IS NOT ACCEPTABLE IN THE EXAM CENTRE JESUS CHRIST I DON'T HAVE TIME TO GET A NEW ONE

what calculator do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Could someone not get one while the Geography exam is on? Surely someone could lend you one?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Janeh9

It's like a normal sharp but it has a few extra features on it and it says in the book that I can't use a calculator with those features on it

It's like a normal sharp but it has a few extra features on it and it says in the book that I can't use a calculator with those features on it

Tip: write down the normal sharp model. Doubt anybody will check, we won't tell.

Yeah actually nim for applied maths i tend to take up pages and pages trying to find a way to the answer, so I might need more paper :pac:

• Advertisement

When you say extra features, what exactly do you mean? It's not obvious like a graphing calculator or anything, is it?

There's plenty of time to get yourself a good aul Casio fx83GT Plus ;)
    Yeah actually nim for applied maths i tend to take up pages and pages trying to find a way to the answer, so I might need more paper :pac:

Usually, I try to do the a part on one page and b on one or two pages.

Any more than that and it just gets confusing when looking back.

But I don't care, I'll draw lots of diagrams and leave lots of spaces. I'm not leaving the education system until I get to be that person that asks for extra paper 90 mins into an exam :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23 deedeebb

any poor ordinary level maths souls out there that is just praying to get a pass? :((((

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭Katie1289

deedeebb wrote: »
    any poor ordinary level maths souls out there that is just praying to get a pass? :((((
    Oh yes :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,243 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

deedeebb wrote: »

Plenty - almost three times as many do OL as do HL.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Keeks96

It's the calculus on paper 1 OL that is going to screw many over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭Katie1289

Pathetic Fallacy at works in Clonakilty today hi.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Good luck to all doing geography in the morning, just remember your limestone pavements and grikes and you'll be grand ;)

I had to get extra paper in english yesterday, i only used one page of itvthough
    Buuuut, my plans for my answers took up about 2 pages each so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

I will be getting extra paper for accounting for all of the workings

For accounting I usually just put the workings beside the entry in the accounts, drives my teacher mad :pac:

For accounting I usually just put the workings beside the entry in the accounts, drives my teacher mad :pac:

hahaha, I do the messiest workings ever, I literally use about 6 pages to do a sole trader. 2 pages of workings for a suspense as well. Most of its blank though, I just skip loads of lines so I can write it out again when I make a mistake!

• Advertisement

Uhhhh the thought of accounting!!
    I neeeeed a B, aiming for an A and IF nice questions come up that should be no prob really(once youve practiced accounting you cant go wrong)
    Really hope suspense/service/club come up so i dont have to do Q5 drives me mad!!! And its so easy to only get like 70/100 in

• Registered Users Posts: 40 sammydev

Anyone else frecking out about maths? , ****ting my pants here

I haven't rewised much but sure it'll be grand :P

Can't be worse than the DEB mock..

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Uhhhh the thought of accounting!!
    I neeeeed a B, aiming for an A and IF nice questions come up that should be no prob really(once youve practiced accounting you cant go wrong)
    Really hope suspense/service/club come up so i dont have to do Q5 drives me mad!!! And its so easy to only get like 70/100 in

I really like ratios though! I write like a fair amount for them, about 2-3 pages. But yeah, if a service and suspense came up id do them! Got 87 in my mock on ratios, purely because I did one of the ratios wrong hahaha!

I really like ratios though! I write like a fair amount for them, about 2-3 pages. But yeah, if a service and suspense came up id do them! Got 87 in my mock on ratios, purely because I did one of the ratios wrong hahaha!

I only got 75 in ratios :(

My short questions brought me down soo bad, i hadnt revised them and the corrector actually wrote 'you shouldnt be doing this quwstion' on my debtors control!

Did the 2013 maths p1 last night and it was soooo easy. Did the 2012 one this morning and it was a good bit harder! Grr reaaallly hope this year is like 2013, need to do well in maths (im ol btw)

I'd love a pint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

LoveLamps wrote: »
    I'd love a pint

Id love about 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

So eh, how much do you think the people drawing up Maths Paper 1 were bribed? :pac:

So much for the DEB mock terror eh :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

NAPTIME

• Advertisement

So.... How do we all feel about Irish :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement