Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭Katie1289

Maths paper one you beaut :D Delighted! I hope paper two goes as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wallace2

I forgot to write my calculotor make on my exam is this really bad!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

wallace2 wrote: »
    I forgot to write my calculotor make on my exam is this really bad!?

I don't think they'll even check tbh.

I'd understand bits of calculus coming up but financial maths? Really?

Wasn't there a tan formula on today's paper? Or did I mess up completely? :pac:

It was for the part with the complex numbers, I got 53 or 55 degrees, I can't remember which :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

I know someone who didn't write it down and failed their whole leaving cert. You're fecked.

Jokez, doesn't matter :P

I am so so so tired but I need to study biology, since my geography A went down the toilet :pac:

• Advertisement

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    I know someone who didn't write it down and failed their whole leaving cert. You're fecked.

Jokez, doesn't matter :P

I am so so so tired but I need to study biology, since my geography A went down the toilet :pac:

Do you ever sleep? :pac:

If I stayed up all night to study geography I'd be so annoyed, cramming would have literally done nothing for me :p
    I un-followed the maths thread. I suggest you all do the same. No point analyzing questions now, think of the next exam.:cool:

I only unfollowed it because all the clever people were making me feel nervous :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Go to bed, get a good night's sleep and a hell of a lot more will go into your head tomorrow. :p

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Do you ever sleep? :pac:

If I stayed up all night to study geography I'd be so annoyed, cramming would have literally done nothing for me :p

Haha I love my sleeps :P It is actually so annoying I slept an hour last night, I crammed the whole course and the funny thing is, the things that came up I knew before last night.. Waste :pac:

Haha I love my sleeps :P It is actually so annoying I slept an hour last night, I crammed the whole course and the funny thing is, the things that came up I knew before last night.. Waste :pac:

I think nearly everything that came up in geography was more to do with having a broad general knowledge of the course as opposed to loads of specific information, it seemed like the most bullshíttable paper I've ever seen.

"Bullshíttable" :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I don't think I've ever gone to bed at half 8 before but **** it..

Good night, people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wallace2

I had great intentions of maths P2 tonight, gone out the window, so tired!

Go to bed, get a good night's sleep and a hell of a lot more will go into your head tomorrow. :p

Oh I plan on putting in a nice 12 hours of sleep tonight :pac:
    I think nearly everything that came up in geography was more to do with having a broad general knowledge of the course as opposed to loads of specific information, it seemed like the most bullshíttable paper I've ever seen.

I know right! It was a little annoying since I actually studied the life out of myself, but oh well. Didn't even look at Mezzogiorno region since fifth year, still managed a reasonable paragraph on the landscape :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever gone to bed at half 8 before but **** it..

Good night, people!
    Take Poliana with you.

Figuratively speaking ofc! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

wallace2 wrote: »
    I had great intentions of maths P2 tonight, gone out the window, so tired!

same but we have 2 days solid at it now, not to bothered about OL Irish now , just have business this week which ill do a bit over the weekend

Man, relax, chill out. Watch a movie, play playstation, sleep.. whatever... This is my post from this time last year....

Ended up getting an A1.

Don't tire yourself out. If you're tired nothing will go in, seriously. Might be best off relaxing, watching a movie and waiting until studying until tomorrow, especially if you had two exams today.

Geography is generally answered poorly which means it's marked easier.

This is actually the best thing I've heard in a while. However now you've given me hope, so if I don't get an A1, it's on you :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Hahaha, just forget about it! :o :P

Dont suppose the same thing happened to you in english? :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Never mind. It's not happening.
    Hahaha, just forget about it! :o :P

That post is going to disappear tomorrow when nobody is looking, isn't it? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

So true, I spent soo long cramming, got up at 5am. All that work for nothing! I would have done the same if I hadnt, the questions I answered were so easy. Growth of Kolkata and Tourism in Paris I got 1.5 pages on each with only a bit of real info

aleatorio wrote: »
    Dont suppose the same thing happened to you in english? :pac:

And maths, Irish, French, chemistry, technology.......? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

So for higher level english for macbeth I wrote about LM and M's power struggle for becoming royality and how at first she had most power in her realationship but then the tables turned then i wrote about M's and the people of scotland as a wholes (scotland, macduff banquo and malcolm) as they struggle for the power of the future and fate of scotland and how it was a typical battle off good versus eveil and how it effected the play

then for comparative I picked GVAV, 70 marker and compared the opening scenes, the middle scenes, then the ending scenes of my three texts and how they impacted me and made me feel and how they helped me understand the levels of optimisim and pessism that the director/reader was trying to get across

poetry I done Dicky,wrote about a bunch of her poems, how the various imagery and use of language would affect the reader, her intresting metaphores and symbolism and how a reader may react to them

does all this shizz sound ok? im really tired so please forgive me for spelling and grammar mistakes would be hoping to get a b or c

• Advertisement

I did better in English than I expected too! Cant'be bothered looking for a post where I said I did worse than I did.

You know me too well, ya, it will. Probably.

:pac: :P

Ok... My english went worse than expected so Im praying for a miracle :pac:

I think it's very hard to perform your best in English overall. Like I've prepared so much, so many essays, so much learning, so much insight over the two years, and then it's over in three hours, and you're just left there.. With another 50 quotes you could have used.. :pac:

I think it's very hard to perform your best in English overall. Like I've prepared so much, so many essays, so much learning, so much insight over the two years, and then it's over in three hours, and you're just left there.. With another 50 quotes you could have used.. :pac:

Try 120. :(

I already miss Macbeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

At least I was satisfied with the two English papers. I feel that way with maths though. I did so many papers and I still had some ridiculous oversights and errors but c'est la vie.

I've only had three exams so far but I can't even look at a book this evening. I prefer maths paper 2 so hopefully I'll acquit myself well in that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

Hmmmm should the leaving cert really be stressful like English paper 2 was yesterday? Should we really have to cram and memorise irrelevant information like geography today? Where is the benefit apart from a college course at the end? A significant benefit albeit,but should zombifying yourself for weeks/months/years through this really be the route to college? Or education in general?
    I simply never want to hear the word leaving cert again after august..what a horrible experience.
    Now,if you don't mind,I'm gonna go on a jog....and time myself using complex numbers....they will make it easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

Anyone have any tips for Maths Paper 2?? Need to make a study plan and I dont know where to start :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

Everyone in boards seems so eloquent, and im here like " shure be grand" and other stereotypical farmer slang...

Try 120. :(

I already miss Macbeth.

Consider it not so deeply :p
    robman60 wrote: »
    At least I was satisfied with the two English papers. I feel that way with maths though. I did so many papers and I still had some ridiculous oversights and errors but c'est la vie.

I've only had three exams so far but I can't even look at a book this evening. I prefer maths paper 2 so hopefully I'll acquit myself well in that anyway.

I wish I could say I was satisfied! I though papers were nice, paper 1 went fine, but I underperformed in 2, I got stressed and was literally just trying to get as much down as I could.. We'll see in August how that worked out :pac:

Consider it not so deeply :p

I wish I could say I was satisfied! I though papers were nice, paper 1 went fine, but I underperformed in 2, I got stressed and was literally just trying to get as much down as I could.. We'll see in August how that worked out :pac:

You and I are the same, I definately underperformed :(:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

Hmmmm should the leaving cert really be stressful like English paper 2 was yesterday?

I totally agree, they completely reformed the maths course because of the stress and controversy surrounding it, and theres just as much, if not more around english P2... It needs a serious reform the stress I felt building up to that exam was ridiculous, and the breakdowns it caused me through the years were aweful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement